• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Did you want a Remake or a Brand New Game? (Edit: Confirmed as remakes!)

What did you want Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire to be?

• Total voters
    Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2020
    Groudon and Kyogre don't automatically mean Hoenn. These new games might take place in a completely different region, and still feature Groudon and Kyogre. It wouldn't be the first time that a legendary has appeared in a region where it's not originally from (Lati@s in Johto, Mewtwo in Kalos etc) .

Groudon and Kyogre don't, but calling them "Ruby" and "Sapphire" pretty much does. Pretty sure we're gonna be seeing Hoenn, lol

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    They did the "new adventure" thing for HG/SS too

Spoiler:

so it's most likely meaningless

There is a pretty big difference between this video and the ORAS video.

At the very beginning of the HG/SS video, when the commentary starts, it says out boldly, "Revisit the scenic Johto."

While the ORAS is saying, we're exploring a new World. They don't say anything about returning to Johto.

As for "New Adventure" yes it was a new adventure for the remakes. While the fundamentals were the same, there were many points that were changes that altered the way the story flowed. It wasn't the same adventure we had in Gold and Silver and was a New adventure, but it was as adventure in an old world being revisited.

We're getting a new adventure in a new world. We need to wait for them to confirm that it is Hoenn before we can call it a remake or sequel. So far nothing confirms it as a Hoenn game.

Groudon and Kyogre don't, but calling them "Ruby" and "Sapphire" pretty much does. Pretty sure we're gonna be seeing Hoenn, lol

The error in this is, They aren't "Ruby" or "Sapphire". They are Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire. While the names may have parts of the same thing in it, they aren't necessarily the same thing or in the same area.

Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2020
    The error in this is, They aren't "Ruby" or "Sapphire". They are Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire. While the names may have parts of the same thing in it, they aren't necessarily the same thing or in the same area.

Oh come on :p This is just like HeartGold and SoulSilver. Did those turn out to be completely different games??

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    Oh come on :p This is just like HeartGold and SoulSilver. Did those turn out to be completely different games??

Where is all of your proof this is exactly like Heart Gold and Soul Silver? Do you already have the games and have played them? Can you verify that we are indeed in Hoenn with the same Hoenn Story only slightly modified enough to be considered a new adventure?

There is no information other than it is being marketed as a game with a "NEW WORLD." They are actually getting the same treatment as a new generation game does. We have next to 0 information outside of what was already given to us.

The teaser trailer says New Adventure in a New World. While the former is something repeated every new game, the latter is not something we see outside of new generations. We were told in XY that we should expect a 7th Region to appear soon, and this may very well be that region. While the chances are slimmer than a normal Remake, the current advertisements point towards the possibility of the new region being real.

Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2020
    Where is all of your proof this is exactly like Heart Gold and Soul Silver? Do you already have the games and have played them? Can you verify that we are indeed in Hoenn with the same Hoenn Story only slightly modified enough to be considered a new adventure?

There is no information other than it is being marketed as a game with a "NEW WORLD." They are actually getting the same treatment as a new generation game does. We have next to 0 information outside of what was already given to us.

The teaser trailer says New Adventure in a New World. While the former is something repeated every new game, the latter is not something we see outside of new generations. We were told in XY that we should expect a 7th Region to appear soon, and this may very well be that region. While the chances are slimmer than a normal Remake, the current advertisements point towards the possibility of the new region being real.

I meant in terms of the name itself. These names are just like HGSS and FRLG. It's taking the original name and just adding an extra word to it. This doesn't mean they're going to be completely different games.

Once again—"new adventure" and "new world" mean absolutely nothing in the context of marketing a Pokémon game. These exact words have been used before when pitching remakes of previous generations and I still absolutely think that the idea of going through the trouble of shoving as many references to Ruby/Sapphire into the box art only to have them be set in a completely different region to be absolutely ridiculous. Game Freak would save that for a new generation of games, not a set whose sole purpose is to act as a reference to R/S.

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
    Years
    I'd love if Magma/Aqua were more involved with the story on a plot-friendly level so instead of the linear "take over the world with land/sea, get thwarted" plotline, it's a bit more convoluted. I think it's going to be a remake with an expansion, which will be awesome inofitself.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
    What I'm really wondering is where is Rayquaza going to factor in? Postgame like Sapphire/Ruby, or are you going to have to go get him like you did in Emerald?

UB3R_N00B

I am UB3R_N00B! Watch me fail!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 6, 2014
    I voted towards totally new for one reason and one reason only! That guy that gives you that statue in the hotel that looks like a Pokémon and he is not from any region we had yet! It is a possibility though that the new region will come after these remakes or sequels, if I could vote in order of what I think it would look like this:

My First Guess: Totally New Region
    My Second Guess: Great Remakes
    My Third Guess: Sequels

I don't feel like they would be sequels as we had emerald as well and felt as though emerald was a kind of sequel to ruby and sapphire though not really, or I am just hoping for a new game with a possible 16 badges where you start in Hoenn a d move to another NEW area after by ahip or train and that would be the region that the guy in the hotel with the statue said in due time and he wasnt from any region created yet or something of that type. I can only wish for the Pokémon in lead position follows you outside of the ball like in HG/SS.

Just my two cents (0.02),

- UB3R_N00B

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    Once again—"new adventure" and "new world" mean absolutely nothing in the context of marketing a Pokémon game. These exact words have been used before when pitching remakes of previous generations and I still absolutely think that the idea of going through the trouble of shoving as many references to Ruby/Sapphire into the box art only to have them be set in a completely different region to be absolutely ridiculous. Game Freak would save that for a new generation of games, not a set whose sole purpose is to act as a reference to R/S.

You couldn't be more wrong. The words have EVERYTHING to do with the context of the marketing. You don't market a game as something new when its just a polished version of the old game. HG/SS/FR/LG were NOT marketed as new worlds. They were marketed as Remakes and revisions of the old games. With updates to the graphics, the story, and gameplay.

ORAS is being marketed as something COMPLETELY BRAND NEW.

There are no references to Ruby and Sapphire in the box art. The Pokemon in the Box Art aren't Kyogre and Groudon. They are the new forms of both which are updated versions of the originals. It goes hand in hand with the new adventure and new world. You're as delusional as the people who have been saying that a Pokemon is green so we're getting Emerald remakes back in Black and White.

The marketing is an acknowledgement of the old games. Using the hype of something older for something completely new is a common tactic in marketing even in video games. Officially stated so far, these games contain a new world. So far we aren't going back to Hoenn based on what is said. There is nothing that links the current games to Hoenn as the region.

You can keep ignoring the marketing as it is but that doesn't change what it is. The games are currently being marketed to contain a new world. We, for the first time ever, had an actual hint at a new game in our games and that hint said we're going to a new region. Now we have a set of games boasting that they contain a new world. This is what you call a coincidence. This may have been planned out and right now the only hints that exist point towards new region with Hoenn like story.

What I'm really wondering is where is Rayquaza going to factor in? Postgame like Sapphire/Ruby, or are you going to have to go get him like you did in Emerald?

If available, they can just tie him in with the major story like how Suicune was tied into HG/SS and then you really get to try and confront him in the post game. It depends on how they plan of running the story since its already going to be a new adventure.

Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2020
    There are no references to Ruby and Sapphire in the box art. The Pokemon in the Box Art aren't Kyogre and Groudon.

lmao are you even listening to what you're saying right now? :p This "brand new world" is Hoenn; renovated or not. It's got to be Hoenn.

You're also dismissing the fact that Game Freak's been very faithfully (with the slight exception of Gen V) following a pattern when it comes to these releases. It makes more sense that these would be Hoenn remakes rather than a completely new region. I still completely stand by that fact and am going to love to see your reaction when we see a glimpse of Hoenn in these new entries.

Itcheeee

All Hail Shadow
    Years
    From what I've seen before, I'm guessing:
    Remakes, adding new backstory to relate to XY
    After-story content feauting Mega evos of Hoenn Pokemon, and the ability to trade once the story is finished for XY including the Megas. But, of course this is just what I think Nintendo would -probably- do, despite they've been trying to make everything "bigger, better, more 3D" as of late. *tries to forget about gimicky 3D...*
    But either way I'm more excited for these them XY *digs out the 3rd gen plushies!*

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    lmao are you even listening to what you're saying right now? :p This "brand new world" is Hoenn; renovated or not. It's got to be Hoenn.

You're also dismissing the fact that Game Freak's been very faithfully (with the slight exception of Gen V) following a pattern when it comes to these releases. It makes more sense that these would be Hoenn remakes rather than a completely new region. I still completely stand by that fact and am going to love to see your reaction when we see a glimpse of Hoenn in these new entries.

Do you even listen to what you are saying? I don't think you can even read what'd being written. Tell me, why is it Hoenn? Why does it have to be Hoenn? Where is your proof?

I'm not dismissing anything. There is no established pattern of release. This has been stated as a fact by developers and Junichi Matsuda. Breaking the trend means that its broken. There is no reason to assume its just a remake.

While I've said more than once that it makes more sense and the chances are better that these are remakes, the proof being presented says otherwise. They have never marketed a Remake as a new world. You can't overlook that. Remakes have always been Revisit an "insert description and then Region name."

You're the only person completely ignoring what's right in your face.

Thank you for at least admitting to trolling me.

Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2020
    Do you even listen to what you are saying? I don't think you can even read what'd being written. Tell me, why is it Hoenn? Why does it have to be Hoenn? Where is your proof?

I'm not dismissing anything. There is no established pattern of release. This has been stated as a fact by developers and Junichi Matsuda. Breaking the trend means that its broken. There is no reason to assume its just a remake.

While I've said more than once that it makes more sense and the chances are better that these are remakes, the proof being presented says otherwise. They have never marketed a Remake as a new world. You can't overlook that. Remakes have always been Revisit an "insert description and then Region name."

You're the only person completely ignoring what's right in your face.

Thank you for at least admitting to trolling me.

I just don't see any sense in giving new games such similar names to Gen III games and not basing them off of a Gen III region. I still think that whatever the new video says is absolutely meaningless and doesn't support the idea of a completely new region to begin with.

This simply isn't how Game Freak's been doing it. If it were a new region, there'd be new mascots and a completely different set of titles. Hoenn just makes sense. We obviously have no proof, but the idea that we'd all be tricked into seeing a game get revealed that has nothing to do with its supposed Gen III counterparts to be horribly misguided. We'll just have to wait and see.

PkmnTrainerElio

♥ Jung Hoseok, Kim Namjoon and Park Jimin ♥
    Years
    I am expecting sequels, why?

1. RSE occured when RBY occured, XY occured a long time after, due to Looker being in the game and possible mention of past game events.
    2. As people have stated, the progammers will need to start from scratch, without sprites and what-not.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    I just don't see any sense in giving new games such similar names to Gen III games and not basing them off of a Gen III region. I still think that whatever the new video says is absolutely meaningless and doesn't support the idea of a completely new region to begin with.

This simply isn't how Game Freak's been doing it. If it were a new region, there'd be new mascots and a completely different set of titles. Hoenn just makes sense. We obviously have no proof, but the idea that we'd all be tricked into seeing a game get revealed that has nothing to do with its supposed Gen III counterparts to be horribly misguided. We'll just have to wait and see.

This actually is how Gamefreak works. There are 2 new Mascots. Kyogre and Groudon aren't the mascots for the new games. The new forms of the two are. Its not misguiding at all. They acknowledged the old games being fan favorites. Now they want to make a new game following a similar story in a new setting.

Unlike with the last two, the main focus Pokemon didn't have dramatic changes either. Kyogre and Groudon are getting new forms to go along with these new games. The Story just basing off of this, is already capable of being completely different.

We're getting a lot of never befores since Gen 5 broke everything that we thought we knew about Pokemon. I've never said plain jane remakes were out of the question.

If I have to per percentage to chance, 60% chance its remakes. 30% chance sequels. 10% chance something completely brand new. The marketing they are using says its brand new. While its dismissable when they are talking about Pokemon, like with Kyurem and Keldeo, them saying it a new World isn't as easily dismissed since they've never marketed a Remake as a new world. Its an open for discussion thing until Gamefreak says its in Hoenn. I'm almost certain it is a Hoenn remake and all they'll do is polish up the story and slap in into Gen 6 graphics, but they can easily turn around and do something new. They've never left us hints to future games so out in the open before. Take in to count the potential of a new region within an already established generation based off the XY hint, and the marketing choice for the games. Its not an out of the question idea.

Its also not a terrible idea since they never said these are remakes. Only the fans are making this assumption. Though they've been making this assumption since Black and White.

Skystrike

[i]As old as time itself.[/i]
    Years
    It's probably a remake.

Everyone's reading into "new world" WAY too much. It's probably referring to the transition into 3D.

Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2020
    This actually is how Gamefreak works. There are 2 new Mascots. Kyogre and Groudon aren't the mascots for the new games. The new forms of the two are. Its not misguiding at all. They acknowledged the old games being fan favorites. Now they want to make a new game following a similar story in a new setting.

Unlike with the last two, the main focus Pokemon didn't have dramatic changes either. Kyogre and Groudon are getting new forms to go along with these new games. The Story just basing off of this, is already capable of being completely different.

We're getting a lot of never befores since Gen 5 broke everything that we thought we knew about Pokemon. I've never said plain jane remakes were out of the question.

If I have to per percentage to chance, 60% chance its remakes. 30% chance sequels. 10% chance something completely brand new. The marketing they are using says its brand new. While its dismissable when they are talking about Pokemon, like with Kyurem and Keldeo, them saying it a new World isn't as easily dismissed since they've never marketed a Remake as a new world. Its an open for discussion thing until Gamefreak says its in Hoenn. I'm almost certain it is a Hoenn remake and all they'll do is polish up the story and slap in into Gen 6 graphics, but they can easily turn around and do something new. They've never left us hints to future games so out in the open before. Take in to count the potential of a new region within an already established generation based off the XY hint, and the marketing choice for the games. Its not an out of the question idea.

Its also not a terrible idea since they never said these are remakes. Only the fans are making this assumption. Though they've been making this assumption since Black and White.

Disagree with the idea that these might be new formes of Groudon/Kyogre (I don't think they are; just highly stylised versions of the originals) means they're completely different mascots. They're still the same creatures.

I'm also willing to assume that Game Freak's more eager on continuing an established pattern rather than consistently attempting to break it.

Years
    If Nintendo has this on their site regarding these games:

"Pokémon fans first enjoyed Pokémon Ruby Version and Pokémon Sapphire Version when it launched in 2003 for the Game Boy Advance. Now, a whole new generation of Pokémon fans will experience the dramatic storyline that unfolds in Pokémon Omega Ruby and Pokémon Alpha Sapphire."

Means obviously these games take place in the hoenn region. I can't stand why people would think it is in a new region.

I for one vote for remakes based off that quote.

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
    Years
    So much of the game HAS TO BE made from scratch since the games are in 3D Models, not sprites.

Er, can't they re-use a lot of the assets and textures and stuff from XY (particularly the Pokemon models themselves)? I imagine they'll embellish them a bit for differentiation, but at the end of the day, water is still water and the like.

So at the time of the authorship of this thread, there's little to no information regarding Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire. The only information we've been given is as follows:

So all we know is that they're new games, and they'll involve Groudon and Kyogre, and they're a "fresh take" on Ruby and Sapphire.

So what do you think they'll be? Remakes of Ruby & Sapphire (i.e. same plot, same story, same everything but with a fresh coat of paint), sequels to Ruby & Sapphire (same region, but new plot, new main characters, and takes place some time after the events of the originals), or neither of the above (i.e. something no one expects)? Mind you, I'm asking what you think it will be, as opposed to what your preference is.

I think they'll be both, although primarily remakes. The main story from Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald may remain the same (the remake), and then the player is somehow granted access to a whole new region (the "sequel", being something that hasn't been done yet, unless you want to count Pokemon FireRed/LeafGreen's Sevii Isles) - maybe even with new Pokemon. As far as I know, connectivity with XY hasn't been clarified yet - we may very well be entering Generation 7 of Pokemon! However, I wouldn't mind being able to explore another region in addition to Hoenn!

I think they'll be sequels to Ruby and Sapphire.

I hope they'll be sequels to Ruby and Sapphire that feature a second unexplored region with a whole new set of gyms and towns, akin to Gold/Silver/Crystal where you can backtrack to Kanto. There's still that one guy in X and Y who says he's from a seventh region who gives you a weird item. I think there's going to be a seventh region involved in this generation one way or another.

This, possibly.

With how Game Freak advertises , "New World" could mean anything. It could just mean a new island to explore along with Hoenn similar to the Sevii Islands. It could mean the same story as the originals , but with elements of Emeralds and just new features and slightly altered. I guess the best thing to do is wait for more new. Probably either in the next CoroCoro or E3.

Exactly this; "world" can easily mean "whole new region" (a physical change) or "a new lackluster "Scorched Slab"-like area that barely has any purpose" or "viewing Hoenn with the Nintendo 3DS's 3D effect" (perspective change); we're simply subject to marketing and wording at this point.

I'm going to make some assumptions that:
    • The games take place in Hoenn
    • The games will include some of the new features in Gen VI (character customization, fairy type, mega evolutions)
    • The games will take place roughly the same time as X and Y
    • The games will have the ability to trade/battle with X/Y
    • The games include new mega evolutions for Kyogre and Groudon
    If this is true, then it wouldn't make sense that this is a remake. X and Y take place after Gen V, which takes place after Gen II/IV. Knowing that Gen I/III takes place before Gen II/IV, remakes would screw with the timeline, unless they threw in time travel or changed Ruby and Sapphire's place in the timeline. This is mostly likely a sequel, if this does take place roughly the same time as X/Y.
    Then again, Black and White could communicate with Black 2 and White 2.
    And then again, there is no gameplay footage of this. It could be ANYTHING.

I know these are just assumptions, but character customization shouldn't matter too much (at the end of the day, most of it is just changing clothes), and a new type shouldn't matter at all (the Generation 1 games Pokemon Red/Blue/Green were remade despite the Dark type and the Steel type being introduced in Generation 2; cue Kanto's Magneton somehow transitioning from pure Electric-type to Electric/Steel). I'm not sure how OR/AS will be integrated into the current 'timeline' or whether everything pre-OR/AS will just be retconned out of existence. XD But, as you said, it could indeed be anything, and a sequel helps to solve some timeline issues (mostly anything involving Mega Evolution).

If anything, I'd say that tagline is marketed towards the kids who weren't born yet when RS originally came out.

Let's say that there's a 7 year old kid whose first Pokémon games were Black/White. To this kid, everything prior to (and after, to a lesser extent) Unova is a "new world". Same way Kanto and Johto were "new worlds" for the kids playing FRLG and HGSS who weren't born when Gen I/II came out.

This.

Groudon and Kyogre don't automatically mean Hoenn. These new games might take place in a completely different region, and still feature Groudon and Kyogre. It wouldn't be the first time that a legendary has appeared in a region where it's not originally from (Lati@s in Johto, Mewtwo in Kalos etc) .

Plus, don't forget the foreshadowing in X and Y, with the backpacker who explicitly stated he was from a region we would soon see, and it wasn't Hoenn.

I'm on the fence between "something new" (that just happens to involve Groudon and Kyogre) and "sequel" (set in a different region in the aftermath of Groudon and Kyogre's fight and whatever Team Aqua and Magma tried to accomplish).

The Ruby/Sapphire references would be odd without Hoenn, though. XD Not to mention that a good chunk of Groudon and Kyogre (unless there happens to be more than one) is tied in intrinsically with Hoenn, from the Red and Blue Orbs to the Cave of Origin and Mt. Pyre. But hey, Groudon and Kyogre have free reign to roam wherever, so they could very well be in a different region. (I think a Pokemon Ranger game kind of did something like this).

There is a pretty big difference between this video and the ORAS video.

At the very beginning of the HG/SS video, when the commentary starts, it says out boldly, "Revisit the scenic Johto."

While the ORAS is saying, we're exploring a new World. They don't say anything about returning to Johto.

As for "New Adventure" yes it was a new adventure for the remakes. While the fundamentals were the same, there were many points that were changes that altered the way the story flowed. It wasn't the same adventure we had in Gold and Silver and was a New adventure, but it was as adventure in an old world being revisited.

We're getting a new adventure in a new world. We need to wait for them to confirm that it is Hoenn before we can call it a remake or sequel. So far nothing confirms it as a Hoenn game.

If the advertising specifically said "fresh take on Ruby and Sapphire", they logically have to have something to do with/in Hoenn, be it Hoenn's original form or a reimagining of Hoenn as a futuristic space colony. And why would you do a "fresh take" on a region that you're not even going to visit (you're in Hoenn for the entirety of Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire, unless you count the Battle Tower/Frontier as separate institutions that are apart from Hoenn. Southern Island, Navel Rock, Faraway Island, and Birth Island are technically apart from Hoenn, too, but all of those locations are limited to events)?

Otherwise, if the region being referenced to for the new adventure doesn't even matter, there's no point in citing Pokemon OmegaRuby/AquaSapphire as new takes on Ruby/Sapphire specifically; why bother?

You couldn't be more wrong. The words have EVERYTHING to do with the context of the marketing. You don't market a game as something new when its just a polished version of the old game. HG/SS/FR/LG were NOT marketed as new worlds. They were marketed as Remakes and revisions of the old games. With updates to the graphics, the story, and gameplay.

ORAS is being marketed as something COMPLETELY BRAND NEW.

There are no references to Ruby and Sapphire in the box art. The Pokemon in the Box Art aren't Kyogre and Groudon. They are the new forms of both which are updated versions of the originals. It goes hand in hand with the new adventure and new world. You're as delusional as the people who have been saying that a Pokemon is green so we're getting Emerald remakes back in Black and White.

The marketing is an acknowledgement of the old games. Using the hype of something older for something completely new is a common tactic in marketing even in video games. Officially stated so far, these games contain a new world. So far we aren't going back to Hoenn based on what is said. There is nothing that links the current games to Hoenn as the region.

You can keep ignoring the marketing as it is but that doesn't change what it is. The games are currently being marketed to contain a new world. We, for the first time ever, had an actual hint at a new game in our games and that hint said we're going to a new region. Now we have a set of games boasting that they contain a new world. This is what you call a coincidence. This may have been planned out and right now the only hints that exist point towards new region with Hoenn like story.

As mentioned earlier, "new world" can mean pretty much anything. It could easily mean a simple change in perspective of experiencing an older region (which would be accurate, since to my knowledge the Hoenn games are currently unplayable on the Nintendo 3DS), which would be true, seeing as Hoenn hasn't been on the 3DS at all (whether in its original form or within a new era).

I don't see any confirmation that whatever the things gracing the covers of Pokemon OmegaRuby and AquaSapphire are "new forms" of something old (Groudon and Kyogre), either. For all we know, they could be an as-of-yet undiscovered Pokemon that happens to possess the ability to transform into things that merely resemble Groudon and Kyogre. If the things on the OR/AS are "new forms" of Groudon/Kyogre as you say, then the boxart of OR/AS by extension is referencing Ruby/Sapphire in some form, seeing as how Groudon and Kyogre debuted in Pokemon Ruby and Sapphire Versions. And unless I'm mistaken, I see the words "Pokemon" and "Ruby"/"Sapphire" on the cover of OR/AS, so I would think they reference "Pokemon Ruby" and "Pokemon Sapphire" in some manner. In any case, the marketing is essentially too vague at this point, so we could easily be revisiting Hoenn or exploring somewhere entirely unrelated (the latter of which would be asinine IMO, especially considering the amount of fans vocalizing that they want to revisit Hoenn specifically).

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
    They have "Ruby" and "Sapphire" in the title names. If they were making games that weren't based off of these two, there is no way that they would use Ruby & Sapphire it their titles. It would only cause more confusion and Game Freak definitely wouldn't do that on purpose. I bet that the "new world" is just the new graphics, but I obviously could be wrong.

Also, I think I might just be dumb, but I just assumed that the box art was a more dramatic drawing of the legendaries like this, instead of new forms/Megas:
    Spoiler:

Although of course since Megas exist and we don't have access to all of them yet, they could be new Megas, sure.

Back