• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Diet

KetsuekiR

Ridiculously unsure
Years
  • I come from a nation whose staple diet consists of rice along with three to four side dishes of vegetables and one side dish of fish (or meat but fish over meat). It's not the most amazingly delicious diet ever but it's tasty enough for you to ignore the various health benefits (of which there are many) and eat it for the taste. Which is good because it's pretty healthy. I, personally, love meat so if I could change my diet (which I couldn't with a very dictatorial society here), I'd add more meat over fish (not that I dislike fish but it gets old when you've had fish five days a week ever since you could chew food). I do like the fact that there are plenty of vegetables and it does taste good so all in all, I'm rather happy with the diet I'm on (which is pretty much what the entire country is on) :)

Lucid

Mostly veggies and carbs! I eat a lot of bread and different vegetable dishes. I'll only eat meat like twice a week, same with dairy products, fruits maybe once a week. When I do eat meat, it's almost always very, very rare red meat or sushi or other seafood that's fried or cooked in some way or another. I rarely ever eat sweets, I really don't care for them. I don't avoid anything on purpose, it's all just my personal taste. I do take vitamins tho, because I have obvious gaps in my diet. I have gone months though without eating meat or seafood, just because I didn't want them.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • I am trash and have been eating out way too much this month. I'm normally a healthy eater though, but I've just kinda been like "fuck it" lately. lol

Crystal Berry

[span="text-shadow: 0 1px 0 rgba(0,0,0,0.12); font
    Years
  • In the morning I usually have either a vegetable smoothie made with chia seeds, veggies and wheatgrass / spirulina powder, or a fruit smoothie typically using bananas and other fruits with chia, and other ingredients like cacoa and a high quality multi-vitamin. This smoothie really makes me feel amazing. It's hydrating, overloaded with nutrients and contains lots of potassium and no salt making you feel super amazing. I consider breakfast to be the most important meal of the day so I'd rather have something nutrient dense rather than something salty or highly processed like many others do.

Lunch and dinner are usually something more filling. I will have salad, nuts, beans, dates, meat, and so on but it's really quite arbitrary. I generally try to avoid dairy products although sometimes I will enjoy a little bit of cheese, or Ice Cream. I don't believe we are really meant to consume dairy because we are humans not cows, and because I get calcium from other sources in my diet. I also try not to eat too much red meat or deep fried foods, and recently I stopped taking fish oils after learning a few things about fish and ALA synthesis (I take organic chia and flax seed for my ALA omega 3s). Sometimes I order something super unhealthy from a restaurant like pizza, Chinese or Italian food for lunch or dinner but I only go that route once a week or so.

Sirfetch’d

My diet is a bit all over the place atm. I try to slide in healthy things throughout the day such as fruits, veggies, and high protein snacks such as nuts but when it comes to my meals I am not too good about sticking to eating healthy. I tend to eat a lot of take out or just nasty fried food in general. It's certainly not healthy but it's so convenient. I really need to make more of an effort to change my entire meal plan to a healthier one.

Years

• I don't believe we are really meant to consume dairy because we are humans not cows

Cows don't really consume dairy, though :P They're herbivores and just drink milk when they're babies, just like all mammals (including humans). If at all, we'd be more likely to consume dairy than cows since humans are technically omnivores.
    (Nothing against your general diet choices, though! Eat and drink whatever you like :> I'm just being a smart ass over details)

As for me personally, I don't particularly pay attention to my diet in the sense that I avoid anything in particular.
    I was a vegetarian for about 9 years and have recently gone back to eating meat, though I don't usually use it a lot when I cook for myself.
    I like fruit and veggies so I'd say I get a fair amount of them hehe

For drinks, I usually just go for water, occasionally juice, and lots of tea (especially different kinds of black, green or white tea).

I guess I could cut back on sweets and snacks a little more in order to make my diet healthier .... but to be honest, I don't particularly want to lol It's not like I eat an insane amount of them in the first place

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • I'm on the ketogenic diet because im fat and it works for me. when im off it im still conscious of eating low-carb.

Crystal Berry

Years
  • Cows don't really consume dairy, though :P They're herbivores and just drink milk when they're babies, just like all mammals (including humans). If at all, we'd be more likely to consume dairy than cows since humans are technically omnivores.
    (Nothing against your general diet choices, though! Eat and drink whatever you like :> I'm just being a smart ass over details)

As for me personally, I don't particularly pay attention to my diet in the sense that I avoid anything in particular.
    I was a vegetarian for about 9 years and have recently gone back to eating meat, though I don't usually use it a lot when I cook for myself.
    I like fruit and veggies so I'd say I get a fair amount of them hehe

For drinks, I usually just go for water, occasionally juice, and lots of tea (especially different kinds of black, green or white tea).

I guess I could cut back on sweets and snacks a little more in order to make my diet healthier .... but to be honest, I don't particularly want to lol It's not like I eat an insane amount of them in the first place

Well that's pretty much what I meant. I could have been more specific and said baby cows. Milk contains hormones that aren't best for human consumption, so I prefer to drink nut, soy, coconut, quinoa, and rice milk personally. https://www.onegreenplanet.org/natural-health/how-dairy-affects-your-hormones/

I think it's really cool that you were a vegetarian for so long. I wish I had that kind of dedication. Also your diet seems really nice to me. :)

I'm on the ketogenic diet because im fat and it works for me. when im off it im still conscious of eating low-carb.

Awesome! I have tried this diet when I was once overweight and I can confirm that it is very effective (it helped me fight those evil cravings ;w;). Low carb diets have also been proven to reduce waist circumference and lower cholesterol levels. As long as you make the right food choices and make sure you're properly controlling your carb intake (not going too low especially for too long), I would recommend this diet to a lot of people. (High quality Multi-vitamin, Lean meats, legumes, nuts, seeds, and consuming lots and lots of veggies :)

Last edited:
    Years
  • Oh god, my diet is coffee, and that's it, I rarely eat any actual food, sometimes I'll have cookies or noodles but I just drink coffee.
    I used to eat a lot, so I'm a bit overweight, but now I guess I'm just not motivated to really eat anything.
    This looks bad I'm sure >o<

Years
  • Well that's pretty much what I meant. I could have been more specific and said baby cows. Milk contains hormones that aren't best for human consumption, so I prefer to drink nut, soy, coconut, quinoa, and rice milk personally. https://www.onegreenplanet.org/natural-health/how-dairy-affects-your-hormones/

I think it's really cool that you were a vegetarian for so long. I wish I had that kind of dedication. Also your diet seems really nice to me. :)

Alright, then I just misunderstood you a little, my bad! :>

Honestly, being a vegetarian wasn't hard for me at all. I hardly ever missed eating meat and was perfectly happy with all the alternatives you get nowadays. To be honest, the hardest part was feeling like a terrible guest because people were always being considerate and getting me vegetarian versions of whatever they were making haha
    I went back to eating meat just because I thought I might try eating it again since it had been quite a long time ... at the moment I'm enjoying the occasional meat or fish but I also think I could go back to being vegetarian without much trouble :)

Your diet seems pretty nice too! I love smoothies hehe

Crystal Berry

Years
  • Alright, then I just misunderstood you a little, my bad! :>

Honestly, being a vegetarian wasn't hard for me at all. I hardly ever missed eating meat and was perfectly happy with all the alternatives you get nowadays. To be honest, the hardest part was feeling like a terrible guest because people were always being considerate and getting me vegetarian versions of whatever they were making haha
    I went back to eating meat just because I thought I might try eating it again since it had been quite a long time ... at the moment I'm enjoying the occasional meat or fish but I also think I could go back to being vegetarian without much trouble :)

Your diet seems pretty nice too! I love smoothies hehe

That is all very interesting! :) What got you into vegetarianism in the first place? :)

Years
  • I tend to snack on everything late at night, and most times it's very unhealthy things. I try to not snack as much, or at least not anything unhealthy, which we always have too much junk food in this damn house.

Years
  • Oatmeal mixed with protein powder, a glass of milk, fruit, and a hard-boiled egg is my breakfast, every day. Lunch, Lunch+1 and Dinner (maybe Dinner+1) depends on whatever I feel like having. There's usually a main protein source and a main carb source, and they're of roughly equal size, for example: 2 fish fillets/half a chicken breast/6 meatballs or chicken nuggets/a nice slab of cold cuts/a fistful of ground pork or beef plus around a fistful of noodles/rice/pasta/2 slices of bread. I add veggies and other healthy things if I'm not lazy enough. I add powdered parmesan cheese on everything savoury because I love it.

Sometimes I get all nostalgia mode and make peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, or eat applesauce. But that's once in a blue moon. Sometimes I binge on cookies, but that's also not a usual part of my diet either.

Staple drink is water. If I haven't eaten enough in the day, I have milk. Sometimes I have alcohol, but it's not even once a month since I've been needing my brain function turned up all day for the past while. Maybe once I get a regular job I can afford to drink haha.

pkmin3033

My diet isn't particularly brilliant; I have little in the way of variety, and not enough of it. I suppose if I could change one thing - and I'm working on it - it'd be the amount that I eat, and maybe it'd be a bit healthier too. At the moment I need to have the highest calorie foods I can get my hands on to make up for the quantity...and my thoroughly infuriating metabolism.

I am an extraordinarily picky eater, though; I flat-out refuse to even try a lot of things, and unlearning this behaviour - which started when I was about six - has been both painful and difficult. Food is a bit of an awkward area for me.

There are a lot of strawberry things in my diet, though. I LOVE strawberries.

Years
  • My diet isn't great but it's not particularly bad either. I don't really set myself specific mealtimes either mind you, I eat when I'm hungry.

I tend to eat a lot of carbs and protein since I'm extremely active because of my work/hobby so I need a lot of high energy stuff like that. I also tend to avoid foods that are particularly sugary or acidic since my family have a genetic issue with our teeth.

I generally don't find it too hard to stick to my "diet" but I do binge on foods I've missed sometimes.

Years
  • I try to avoid soda drinks, so I drink water or juices. I eat cereal every morning then the rest is random. I rarely eat fruits and veggies.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    This is a typical day for me in which I work.

Diet

I drink black iced coffee or hot.
    I drink water.

That's it.

Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2023
    Oatmeal for breakfast when I go to school, random cereal when I'm staying home.
    Meat for lunch like chicken nuggets or pepperoni pizza rolls or sandwiches.
    Full meal for dinner like chicken and rice, steak and potatoes, or take out. Sometimes take out is lunch.

I mostly drink water. Juice with a meal, and soda if there's no juice.

I eat a lot of snacks in between like tortilla chips, potato chips, crackers, peanuts, etc.

Crystal Berry

Years
  • I have a healthy recipe for anyone who's interested!

It's a smoothie and requires a blender. You will need: 1 or 2 frozen bananas, a tablespoon or more of cocoa powder or cacao powder, some vegan milk (I use almond or soy), and some peanut butter or any other type of nut butter works fabulous too! Blend together and enjoy :) Actually tastes like a peanut butter cup smoothie, only far healthier! It's seriously so good and super healthy too! :)

Back