• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you customize/decorate your devices?

Years
  • Don't think I've seen this asked too often, so...

Do you guys decorate/customize your devices? Such as putting stickers on a laptop, adding a charm onto your cell phone, buying keyboard cases? Maybe you can share pictures? Do you customize/edit them for looks or to keep your devices safer/cleaner (such as keyboard cases, phone cases, etc)? Or both??

Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2023
    Adding stickers to devices seems tacky to me. I like to leave it as is. Although I like having a phone case.

Last edited:

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2024
    I usually don't. The only thing I have for decoration is an Apple logo sticker that my brother stuck onto my laptop :p

Years
  • I bought a case for my tablet, just some plain denim-looking thing, mostly to protect it rather than to look good. Although I did like the look of the case, thus why I picked it out in the first place. Something that did what I wanted it to do, without looking too gaudy. :')

But that's really the extent of it, I've never been big on accessorizing my things.

Years
  • I like to keep all of my devices as is- I've never even had a case for my phone, since I find a majority of them look tacky. The only thing I have that has anything on it is my 3DS, which has a vinyl sticker on the bottom. The only reason I put it on in the first place was because it was supposed to be easily removable, which I quickly found out was a big fat lie, so now it's on there for good :/

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2024
    It's more for protection than anything because I get stuck with things that have little to no customizations and cool things like Apple products.

Dter ic

Fire Emblem....[b]HEROES[/b]
    Years
  • I have a simple hard shell cover for my phone but other than that no other physical customization. However as I'm on Android I've customized my homscreen which looks something similar to this and have a custom icon pack installed.

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
    Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2018
    Okay, I must post a pic of my 3DS XL because I just recently got my case for it and I love showing it off.

Spoiler:

Aside from that, though, I have a few stickers on my laptop but that's pretty much all I've done as far as device decorating.

Years
  • Aside from having cases for my mobile devices, I don't really customize them. Although if there is one device that I do have customized, it'd be my New 3DS XL, which has a Pikachu charm attached to it.

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Online now
    I usually don't. But since the New N3DS gives you the option to exchange parts of its case and I happen to have a replacement, mine is now running a Xenoblade theme.

Life

[FONT="Poiret One"][color=#aaaaaa]Perception of Re
    Years
  • Other than an Astro Boy sticker that I stuck to the back of my laptop and my MANY iPhone 4S cases, nope. I've always wanted to get a decal for my PS4 but I'm not sure.

Okay, I must post a pic of my 3DS XL because I just recently got my case for it and I love showing it off.

Spoiler:

Aside from that, though, I have a few stickers on my laptop but that's pretty much all I've done as far as device decorating.
    OMG, I'm so jealous. :O
    It looks so cute. :D

Kotone

someone needed a doctor?
    Years
  • Okay, I must post a pic of my 3DS XL because I just recently got my case for it and I love showing it off.

Spoiler:

the cuteness..

well my old 3ds had a cute owl sticker on it. i like adding wallpapers and cute phone cases on my iphone if that counts? my new 3dsxl doesn't have any cute decorations since it's got a monster hunter logo on it!

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • For smaller devices, I get cases. I have a rubber pink case on my phone in case I drop it. I have a decorative casing on my 3DS (Kingdom Hearts!) but I also keep it in a heavy blue zip carrying case as well. I have a pink Hori hard case for my Vita. I've got another pink zip for whatever miscellaneous DS besides my 3DS that I'm carrying around that week. I have another pink AC pouch (seeing a pattern?) for a 3DS XL but I don't have one so I just use it for my PSP.

I used to put stickers on things--my DS Lite has a Cherrim sticker and my DSi has a Whimsicott sticker--but I don't lately because my consoles just aren't very sticker friendly. Or at least, not for the somewhat clear stickers I was using. :x My 3DS has that KH casing on it which makes stickers pointless, my NA 3DS is too dark for stickers to look anything but tacky, and so on. It's a shame, because it took me so long to get over my aversion to ever using stickers and now I don't feel like it's worth it to use them even though I want to. :P

Morkula

[b][color=#356F93]Get in the Game[/color][/b]
    Years
  • I have cases for my phone/3DS/etc., but I don't put stickers on any of my devices. I prefer a clean look.

Otamajakushi

Kuuuuuuu ku ku ku...
    Years
    • Seen Feb 18, 2017
    I don't. I have special edition 3DS XLs, so I like to actually show those designs. For those, I just got those clear HORI cases.

For my other devices, I tend not to case them. For my phone, I got a simple case; I ended up getting the blue leather case from Apple.

Altius

Flygon Fan
    Years
  • Never liked the idea of decors I'm afraid.

I do prefer flip cover cases for my phone. Tried a Speck Satin case on my MacBook and the bottom nearly got burnt or something... So the laptop is now naked, or with a simple pouch if I need to bring it out.

mannakete

exec hymme Holy=Judgment sos yor
    Years
  • I had stickers on my old laptops but they got worn out so I don't have any on this laptop. (They were Pokemon and Dragons)
    My 3DS has stickers though. I have a Dialga on the back, a Colette Brunel sticker from a friend and a Kuroko-bird on the front. I want to get a clear case for it eventually.
    My phone has a clear red rubber case and a Sorey charm from an artbook order. Ok and one of my old GBA SPs is FULL of Neopets stickers. It looks like a 9 year old's gba.

Years
  • On my original 3DS XL (which sadly broke physically at the hinge), I had an Apple sticker on it as well. I literally only did that to distinguish my 3DS easily from my friends' 3DSs.

Years
  • Not usually. tbh I'm a terrible person and don't usually get cases for my electronics at all. My phone has a case, but it's just a minty green slightly sparkly case I bought off of Amazon. It's mostly so it has a little bit of padding on the off-chance I drop it.

I'll get the New 3DS next week which does swappable faceplates... I've ordered the ORAS plates, and ngl I'm debating spraypanting over the Isabelle plates it comes with, mostly to tide me over to see if there'll be news about North America faceplate releases. Also because doing a DIY project sounds fun right now.

...also my monitor has a silly sticker on it and I can't even remember why. I think I put it on during one of my semesters at college?

Spoiler:

Oh my god I don't care if I'm 25/26 I would totally rock that cat case.

So much piiiiink! That Kingdom Hearts case is super cute.

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
    Years
  • I have stickers on my laptop, actually. They're just random ones I got from different places. ^^ As for my phone and iPad though, the only thing I really do is change the lock screen/home screen every now and then.

My iPad does have a black (real) leather case on it as well. I changed it from a survivor case to the current leather one. The leather one can hold three of my most important cards (IE. Two insurance cards and my state ID card). My phone is pink(ish orange), and it has a pink case on it. It was actually a case my mom had for old 5C, since that's what my current phone is still.

My PS Vita has a case for traveling. It can hold all my games, plus the Vita itself. I got it because I didn't have anywhere else to put my games to be honest. XD

I don't really have pictures because I don't make a habit of taking them. :c

Back