• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you like Parties?

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
  • Yes! Who doesn't love a good party The only downer about them is when you're trying to have a conversation and you can't hear the person you're talking to because of the music. Other than that though, they're great.

Ya'll need to get out more.

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
    Years
  • Depends on the type of party! Tea parties are AWESOME! And corporate christmas parties are nice! Birthday parties are usually lots of fun with a group of close friends and family! Summer fireworks parties ftw!

Do you like Parties?

The only parties I tend not to like are ones where people can act to disruptive in (spilling drinks over others or acting really inappropriate) or dirty house parties where I feel like I can't even grab a glass of water because I don't even know if their cups have even been washed (and I have to take off my socks at the end of the night before putting them in my shoes because they are so caked in dirt from the house that I don't want to ruin the insides of my shoes.)

Yep!

Years
  • Like most people here am not to keen on parties. I used to like house parties when I was younger, but now I just prefer small gatherings at friends houses.
    I also hate the idea that people who love social actives think your weird for not liking them

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    Get the pre-drinks on and bring on the party

I've been through my teen years of staying in every night playing vidya, it gets boring. I crave parties and go to as many as possible.

Years
  • I don't go to that many parties. But I love going to them. It's kinda hard in the begining, because I'm fairly shy. But when things get going it's a blast. Hearing different funny and/or interesting stories from everyone is great. Just meeting new people(even if you don't drink) is really fun. But even if I do get drunk it's still loads of fun. Also the music is always pretty good and the person who controls the "music corner" almost always takes requests(if there aren't too many people with many different song requests).

Years
  • I like parties. I love going out and socializing. Parties where you don't know anyone and no one thinks to be nice and include you are super boring I have really lame hearing problems so I hate bars though. And clubs are the worst.

«Chuckles»

Sharky
    Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2023
    I love parties. In my experience parties have been excellent. If there's any police here, I have totally never been drunk, smoked the devils lettuce or taken part in underage consensual dance of springtime.

What's not to love? Music, Food, Drinks, People, Dancing

Evanlyn

Kidneys! I've got new kidneys!
    Years
  • Parties? I don't mind them, I guess. Only if I know someone there, though, because I'm pretty bad at talking to people I don't know. Really bad. Like, I can't hold a conversation.

I also don't like hanging in large groups, because talking in a group for me is just uuuuuggggh.

I don't particularly like large crowds, but if I'm with someone I know, I'm okay I guess.

So in short: Parties are great if I have friends there.

marcc5m

what
    Years
  • I very rarely go nights out, I've been to two parties in my life and at both of them I didn't really know many people so I felt extremely awkward and out of my comfort zone.

I've been invited to a Christmas party this Wednesday that was originally just meant to be all the people in my college class, which was fine, but then another class got involved too, so it's going to be really awkward for me, so I'm still very skeptical about going.

Doesn't help that between the two classes there are only 4 guys lol.

But hey there's gonna be food there! I like food!

Arylett Charnoa

No one in particular.
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jan 5, 2023
    Of course I don't like parties. I'm a reclusive internet nerd who's posting on a Pokemon forum.

I've never understood their appeal, or what the point of them even is. How can you have fun with so much noise and music making your heart beat irregularly? I /could/ understand the appeal if it was just a get-together that was centered on having intelligent discussions with people. But parties aren't really about deep, mentally stimulating chats, are they? They're mostly about messing around whilst your brain is hindered by alcohol. I'd rather not make myself more uncontrollably stupid in front of others. I like more quiet, civilized gatherings. Something with some calm music playing in the background as you have a deep conversation with another person. And all that matters is the two of you talking. More personal, not just jumping from person to person like a maniac. I don't... really have the ability to have fun like that. It's weird, but I just don't feel it like other people do. Probably due to the fact that I'm constantly being assaulted by my nerves in situations with too many strangers. I don't think that helps.

Dancing though? I can understand having fun doing a physical activity. A dance party makes sense to me, even though I don't have much endurance. I like to dance.

Years
  • Of course I don't like parties. I'm a reclusive internet nerd who's posting on a Pokemon forum.

I've never understood their appeal, or what the point of them even is. How can you have fun with so much noise and music making your heart beat irregularly? I /could/ understand the appeal if it was just a get-together that was centered on having intelligent discussions with people. But parties aren't really about deep, mentally stimulating chats, are they? They're mostly about messing around whilst your brain is hindered by alcohol. I'd rather not make myself more uncontrollably stupid in front of others. I like more quiet, civilized gatherings. Something with some calm music playing in the background as you have a deep conversation with another person. And all that matters is the two of you talking. More personal, not just jumping from person to person like a maniac. I don't... really have the ability to have fun like that. It's weird, but I just don't feel it like other people do. Probably due to the fact that I'm constantly being assaulted by my nerves in situations with too many strangers. I don't think that helps.

Dancing though? I can understand having fun doing a physical activity. A dance party makes sense to me, even though I don't have much endurance. I like to dance.

This, is so true haha!!! I think sometimes people feel they are expected to like loud parties for fear of being boring or fear of not fitting in.

Ice1

[img]http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-xy/icon/712.pn
    Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2023
    I like big parties if there are a lot of people I know, because I can interact and just act stupid with people, and people give you space. Also, I can't dance for the life of me, so then I can just do the silly dances.
    My favorite parties however are the social gatherings, as they give you to possibility to meet new people and socialize. So yeah, I like parties.

Back