• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you like Parties?

Astraea

The Storm of Friendship
    Years
    Share your thoughts with us all, do you all like to goto parties and yes what kind of parties you enjoy most.

Years
    I don't like parties at all really
    Generally they are full of loud, boisterous drunk people and other assorted people I can't stand to be around. I don't really like large groups of people in general though, I'm much more comfortable around a few friends than having everyone I ever talk to in one room.

Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2023
    I hate parties so much. I don't like having a conversation with a group of friends because my voice gets drowned out. I prefer 1-on-1 conversations which are hard to come by in a party. Plus the loud annoying music that I never like keeps drowning out conversations. I also hate dancing because I feel stupid doing it. I almost never like the food that is being served either since I'm a picky eater.

£

You're gonna have a bad time.
    Years
    Do you like Parties?

Spoiler:

maccrash

foggy notion
    Years
    Do you like Parties?

Spoiler:
    I chuckled. well played.

regardless I agree with what Georgie says in the spoiler up there. I much prefer a nice "social gathering," if you will, with like 5-10 people I like.

Vinny Vidi Vici

Leave Luck To Heaven
    Years
    • Seen Jan 2, 2016
    I guess it depends on what you consider a party. I'm not big on a typical house party where it's all about cheap booze and bad music, but even in those sort of affairs it's not so bad if you can find a quiet corner to chat with close friends, have some wacky conversations with drunken people you don't know and will likely never see again, and just take in the atmosphere. There are worse ways to spend an evening.

When it comes to myself though, I'm not a big party thrower. My idea of a party is just having some people around for drinks and poker.

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
    Years
    I don't like them that much. They are too noisy, and I also can't socialize very well with a ton of people. It causes me to shutdown and want to withdraw. There's just so much going on that I can't process it all at once. X_x

Years
    • Seen Jul 2, 2023
    I hate parties so much. I don't like having a conversation with a group of friends because my voice gets drowned out. I prefer 1-on-1 conversations which are hard to come by in a party. Plus the loud annoying music that I never like keeps drowning out conversations. I also hate dancing because I feel stupid doing it. I almost never like the food that is being served either since I'm a picky eater.
    I feel pretty much the same way about parties. Sometimes the food is ok, but I'm a somewhat picky eater too, I can't dance well, and I have a hard time hearing people when I try to have conversations. I also find that I seem to be worse at blocking out background noise than a lot of other people are at parties, so I feel like I'm the only one having to ask people to repeat themselves constantly. I worry that I'm developing hearing difficulties, but when I've had it tested, it's completely normal, so I don't really know why background noise bothers me so much. Add any amount of alcohol, and my ability to block out background noise gets significantly worse (before anything else is affected at all). So yeah, I'll take 1-on-1 or small group conversations over parties any day.

Years
    Lol no.

Just kidding I love them
    just as I much as I love Zubats in a cave with no repels in my bag, that's how much I love them.

That said, I have a feeling I wouldn't hate it so much anymore. Idk, maybe I'll go to some in a few years and realize how they arent that bad.

Lets face it, most of us asocial, or "asocial" people, or at least socially awkward, at least a bit, and there is no surprise we dont like parties.

Would a zebra rather spend an evening with other zebras on the river bank or with lions...in a lions placeorwhatever

EDIT: this goes for the parties in the clubs where basically you dont know anyone and people are there just to get drunk, so it really depends on what kind of party it is and who I'm with (!!!)

Last edited:
    Years
    I don't really get to go to many parties anymore. But when I do, it's still a nice time getting to see other people and celebrate a happy occasion.

So in other words, yes.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
    I like the parties where all I remember is being depressed and vomiting that one time from too much mixing of colors. But parties where you're sober are alright too I guess.

Do you like Parties?

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    Generally not so much, but I've come around to them. Basically it just depends on who I'm going with. Once I'm drunk I'm probably going to have fun regardless. Lol honestly I really love going to big family parties with my cousin because now we're all old enough that we usually just get drunk and die laughing.

Honestly parties are fun, but they're usually ruined by young drunk men.

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
    It depends on the people who are there. I like having little get-togethers with a bunch of my friends. But I don't really care for parties where I don't know most of the people there. If I was invited to such a party by someone I know, I'll show up, but I usually get pretty bored/uncomfortable after a while and leave.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
    Depends on who's there and whose party it is. I generally don't really like them, but I will go anyway if my close friends are also there.

Years
    Generally I dislike them. The main reason I dislike them is when friends of friends are there. As in, people I don't talk to, but my friends do. If it's just me and a group of my close friends I love it. Also, I sort of have to be in the mood for it. If it's really loud and I'm just not feeling like that, I'll hate it. Also, I get bored after around 3 hours and I'll just leave. So I don't like them that much.

Years
    Just adding to what I said earlier, when I think "party" I immediately think loud obnoxious music, disgusting cheap booze and irritating drunk people and a few hundred other things I hate about large social gatherings.

But "party" can sometimes be used to refer to more formal events too and in that atmosphere I'm perfectly at home and comfortable. Does anyone else find this?

Back