• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you like Team Skull or Team Aether?

Team skull or team Aether

• Team Skull

Votes: 16 44.4%
  • Team Aether

Votes: 10 27.8%
  • Both

Votes: 7 19.4%
  • None of them

Votes: 3 8.3%

• Total voters

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
Years
  • Team Aether
    *Aether Foundation

I'm not a big fan of either of them, to be honest. Team Skull's idiotic animations just annoyed me - I get how some people find them funny but idk, I'm not into it. As for Aether Foundation, I don't really have much of an opinion. They really failed to leave any sort of impression on me tbh.

Frozocrone

Fighting a bigger fight
    Years
  • Team Skull were interesting, lost delinquents with no purpose in life rallying around Guzma (later in game they've got all sorts of jobs/purposes)

Aether Foundation were pretty meh to me. Lusamine was the only interesting character from it.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • I love both these teams equally! Lusamine and Guzma are the best villainous leaders in years, they're up there with Cyrus for me. Also, while Team Skull are more goofy and to be taken less seriously, I love how the Aether Foundation end up doing a full 180 and turn out to be worse than Team Skull in a sense.

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    Team Skull was great. Especially loved the Pokemon Center in Po Town with the people running it dropping mad bars and healing for $10.

Devil in the Mirror

We Stitch These Wounds
    Years
  • I love Team Skull. Aether Foundation I never trusted and knew they were going to be revealed as being sinister. With Team Skull you pretty much get what you see and most of them were just lost. Guzma was a bad dude but most of the members of Team Skull weren't. So I like them.

User19sq

I gotta go with Skull on this. The Aether Foundation, while full of interesting potential, had most of its monotony invested in Lusamine's family, rather than the whole foundation.

Skull, on the other hand, are funny and have no greater desire than to be thugs, which is refreshing. They even managed to take over Po Town completely. It's heavily implied that each member's just a Trainer who failed the island challenge and had nowhere else to go. Guzma's got it worse, as
    Spoiler:

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
    Years
  • I like that they're a different take on the villainous team, but they don't really do anything. You have to fight them pretty regularly but it feels less like any semblance of a threat and more like a minor inconvenience. They tried to humanize Guzma, which I also liked, but I felt he was introduced far too late for me to actually care.

I like Lusamine's backstory. but in the end, she was more of a victim of Nihilego's toxins more than anything else. Still salty we didn't directly battle her while in the other dimension.

Winter

[color=#bae5fc][font="Georgia"]KAMISATO ART: SOUME
    Years
  • Team Skull didn't leave much of an impression with me. They were this Generation's Team Rocket; the cookie cutter bad guys gang with all the tropes shoved in.

I prefer the Aether Foundation because I love their dystopian cyberpunk aesthetic and their characters are just more evil. Also they have a better base than Team Skull xD

Last edited:
    Years
  • I gotta go with Skull on this. The Aether Foundation, while full of interesting potential, had most of its monotony invested in Lusamine's family, rather than the whole foundation.

Skull, on the other hand, are funny and have no greater desire than to be thugs, which is refreshing. They even managed to take over Po Town completely. It's heavily implied that each member's just a Trainer who failed the island challenge and had nowhere else to go. Guzma's got it worse, as
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

you mean kinda like this little comic? ( actually find it on tumblr)

xXLunaSolXx

Team Skull, yo! I like how they are bunch of thugs who steal and vandalize rather than some "I'm gonna take over the world" fanatics.

Somewhere_

i don't know where
    Years
  • Team Skull by far. I really enjoy their animations and their attitudes. Just the general feeling I get from them. And their music is epic.

Team Aether really only had Lusamane, so eh. They were interesting, but not as cool imo.

tokyodrift

[i]got me looking for attention[/i]
    Years
    • Age 30
    • he/him
    • Seen Mar 8, 2024
    Neither really stood out to me. I really started to dislike Team Skull even more as the story went on, it really didn't seem like they had a purpose aside from rallying around their leader. The cringe worthy animations they had were more annoying then they were funny... As for the Aether Foundation, they felt like a Team Plasma knock off in a way.

Years
  • I acually like them both To start off with Team skull i love They're design and those dance moves they got The only flaw i see with them however is that They don't show up that often which is kinda sad Since i want more backstory on them And why they were created in the first place Since the backstory on that was kinda vague.

And the Aether Foundation the so called rescue pokemon so that they can get a better home Already had Bad vibes with them Already from the first time i met them in game I love how Nintendo Included a villainous team Who was a little bit different than the Previous once To start off they got White clothes and a bright appearance which the other Teams did not have The only problem i have with them though is that they were introduced as villains (aka the first time you get to fight them) much later in the Game just when you are Half done with the game

The leader Lusamine who was obsessed with the Ultra beasts was an Alright villain But i liked Guzma much more than her So overall i like them both as Much.

MadHatter62

The Master of Sticks
    Years
    • Seen Mar 26, 2017
    I feel as if Team Skull is a little late to the game. I think they would've been more relevant with the times 10 years ago when the whole "gangster" fad was in style.

Back