• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you like your username?

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
    Years
    Do you like your username? Do you want to change it to something else? What makes you so attached to it?

To those who have changed before: Do you miss your previous one? What do you like about your current username that differs from older ones? Has it changed you and helped you grow as a person?

I don't miss mine. I'm not into visual kei anymore (except for a few bands because they are still my heroes). I like pikadots because for once, it's not about visual kei. It's just about me wanting to be myself, you know? I also like this one because it's not focused on something I'm currently obsessed with. There's a good chance I'll keep it for a little longer, but we'll just have to see.

Aurora

seven years here and i finally figure out how to d
    Years
    I love my current username. It is what will eventually be my real name and a symbol of how I can express myself freely on the Internet. For this reason, all of my other usernames pale in comparison to this one—they were either inferior due to an inclusion of extraneous characters (like .) or just spur-of-the-moment choices that meant little to me.

polymorphism

[SPAN="color: #91D1FF; font-family: Noto Serif JP;
    Years
    I love my current username. It is what will eventually be my real name

Do you like your username?

I hope you do change your name to the best Disney princess.

Yeah I enjoy my username. Starálfur is actually a song by Sigur Rós, it's pretty neat because it has a palindrome in it via the strings. Also it has that sort of Germanic mysticism to it I think (it helps that Icelandic is arguably one of the most unchanged languages in Europe).

pkmin3033

Yeah, I'm happy with my username. I was quite lucky to get it, Meloetta is one of my favourite Pokemon, and I doubt I'll change it again, although I might think of it from time to time. I wouldn't say I was hugely attached to it, but then, maybe I am - I'd have to get it changed and have someone else take it to find out, and I'm not prepared to experiment for the sake of curiosity, haha.

The only complaint I have is that it isn't really as unique or original as my old one; it doesn't have much creativity. I mean, Pokemon forum, Pokemon username. Way to fit the theme. Derp. Just using a Pokemon name as a username doesn't really say much about me as a person, so I suppose it doesn't leave much of an impression. But then, I'm fairly secretive anyway, and if people really want to get to know me that badly, there are better ways of doing it than looking at my username, and really it's a very small, first-impressions type of indicator anyway; my posts speak for themselves. So...eh.

Years
    • Seen Mar 30, 2017
    I guess my username isn't too bad. It's not the most creative names ever. I like Team Magma and The Flash so I tried to put the two together as best as I can. I couldn't really think of a way to add Loki in there

Most of the usernames I've used in the past always had "Raticate" in the name. (Yes, Raticate is my favorite pokemon. Yes go ahead and laugh.) :t020:

Psychic

Really and truly
    Years
    • Seen Apr 11, 2018
    I'm very happy with my username! When I originally joined here "Psychic" had been taken, so I had used a longer username that hardly rolls off the tongue. I've been going by Psychic since 2004, so it was nice when I was able to get it changed here. I have no plans to change it. :)

~Psychic

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Yeah I enjoy my username. Starálfur is actually a song by Sigur Rós, it's pretty neat because it has a palindrome in it via the strings. Also it has that sort of Germanic mysticism to it I think (it helps that Icelandic is arguably one of the most unchanged languages in Europe).
    I forgot to mention that in your welcome thread! I absolutely love Sigur Ros, but Hoppipolla and pretty much most of the Takk album is my favorite. That's why I came to your thread, haha, because I love your username.

No, I specifically requested a username that I absolutely despise, I was getting sick of having a username I liked.
    Are you squidding me?

Fire is hawt. It was fun being Pikachu for a while, but it wasn't as me as other names I've had. I think it's fun to change my username up once in a while since it's just something I am on PC - it's not an online identity I user elsewhere so I don't really need to be unique and easily recognizable. Rather the other way around haha.

If I really enjoy being Fire, I might stick with it. Else, I can probably go back to my beloved adventure in July <3

Sirfetch’d

I waited a long time to be Castform and I don't really want to ever change again. I love this username and it's by far the most fitting identity for me.

Talon

[font=Cambria]Hidden From Mind[/font]
    Years
    I like my current one, but I've thought about changing it. I just don't know what to change it to. Talon is one of my favorite champions in League of Legends, and League is about all I do with my life at this point so yeah.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    I love my username. It fits me well, as people actually associates Ash with me (in a good way!) and I don't have any intentions on changing it. Maybe in the far future, but I really don't see it happening come July or even in 2017, to be honest.

Years
    This name is like my brand, so I will never change it for the forseeable future. At least it's something that looks like was made by myself, as opposed to a name with random numbers thrown onto it.

Universe

all-consuming
    Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2016
    yeah sure. i don't really identify with any name though, they're all awkward to be called. that would be part of why i chose this username in particular, it's nothing specific and yet it suits absolutely everything. that's how i feel all the time anyway-- changing, unified.. a not-very-predictable kinda person.

yeah i made it years ago and it's just stuck... somehow it is weirdly apart of me

i have a funny story regarding your username actually that i never mentioned. when i first saw you a while back your name stuck with me too, even though i was pretty inactive on PC during that time. some while later i ended up naming one of my prettiest horses (that i bought with REAL money) in an MMORPG after you.

Years
    yeah sure. i don't really identify with any name though, they're all awkward to be called. that would be part of why i chose this username in particular, it's nothing specific and yet it suits absolutely everything. that's how i feel all the time anyway-- changing, unified.. a not-very-predictable kinda person.

It also fits in with your love of Steven Universe, which makes it have an even bigger connection with you.

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2016
    Grizz is a nickname I've had since I was in the 8th grade. I used to hate it but it's grown on me so much that this is the screen name I use for 95% of my accounts.

Back