• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you look at the keyboard when you're typing?

iRawr-x

Water PokEmon LOvver
Years
  • I do not look at the keyboard, although I do make mistakes quite often. And been like this since 5th grade.

Percy Thrillington

The Mad Hatter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    Nah, I've been touch-typing for the last three or four years now. Although I may steal a glance at the keyboard if it's dark and I'm tired.

Arsenal1

I'm probably younger than all of you and no, I am very fast and I have memorized the keyboard by heart.

Corvus of the Black Night

Wild Duck Pokémon
    Years
  • No, because I remember locations by how relative they are to other locations. I may look at the keyboard to see where my hands are, but most of the time I'm looking at the text I'm typing.

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • Most of the time I'm looking at the screen when typing. However, there are times when I might make a slight mistake in my typing where I look at the keyboard for a few seconds. So, you can basically say I do both at times. Though, the screen is where I keep my eyes at most of the time.

In middle school from seventh grade till most recently in the 11th grade now I've always had some kind of computer class. So, I've learned through different programs to help me concentrate more on the computer screen rather than on the keyboard itself. Not to mention, I use the computer quite freuqently, so I'm always practicing at it.

Manaphy1128

We're Making Gods
    Years
  • Most of the time my sight is split between a blurry overview of the keyboard and the computer screen. The only time I fully look down on the keyboard is when typing in the dark.

piece of something

not what you're thinking
    Years
  • Most of the time I'm looking at the screen when typing. However, there are times when I might make a slight mistake in my typing where I look at the keyboard for a few seconds. So, you can basically say I do both at times. Though, the screen is where I keep my eyes at most of the time.

this.

the keyboard is like a part of my body now. i can use it almost without thinking about it.

wee187

Beat 358/2 Days on 10/5/09
    Years
  • It depends. I know where all the keys are but sometimes I look just to make sure I'm accurate.

Yuoaman

I don't know who I am either.
    Years
  • Nope, sometimes I look when I'm reaching for those keys that are too far away to just blindly jab at with my pinky, like the = key...

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2013
    Yup. I can't type like regular people. :( I still don't always know where all the keys are, haha. Not only that, but I always make mistakes when I type, so I need to look down and make sure my fingers are on the right keys.

Ineffable~

DAT SNARKITUDE
    Years
  • I look back and forth. I don't really see the need to type without looking at the keyboard. I can type almost as fast as the average person who does that. I haven't technically memorized the letters, but my range of vision is wide enough that whenever I think about a letter, my eyes automatically shift to it. I am mostly a visual and kinesthetic learner. My tactile learning skills are absolutely terrible.

Years
  • Do you look at the keyboard when you're typing?

I think in my case, looking at the keyboard is worse than not looking at it XD
    Its funny watching people that can't type without looking type on my keyboard because they just sit there pissed off XD

Back