• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you love your job?

killer-curry

Oro.........?
Years
  • Well.....

Spoiler:

This is me and my job was a shopkeeper assistant of a chinese medical shop. My job is to deal with customers and do some packaging stuff. But from this job, I learn a lot of things from interacting with people to my responsibility. The colleges here are friendly and always guide me to become a better staff.

So what is your job and do you love your job?

Spoiler:

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    I work as a substitute janitor

so no

Danny0317

Fluorite's back, brah
    Years
    • Age 24
    • Seen Nov 19, 2023
    Have an occasional work for parking at a hotel.. Job itself isn't too bad, but holy damn there's some stupid ass people. I've seen a fair share of extremely stupid customers in these last two weeks.. If I'm pointing you to go that way to find parking, why the hell do you go the other way then come back and say there's no parking...?

Eh. The things I do for money.

Alex

what will it be next?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2022
    I love working in Film and TV. I don't love being a freelancer.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    I literally hate my job.

Working on my portfolio so I can finally start my career.

Margot

some things are that simple
    Years
    • they/he
    • Seen Apr 16, 2022
    I'm an overworked and underpaid software engineer. I like my job in theory, in practice though... 12 hour days are kinda killing my love for coding. :( lol

Literally my sentiments. I'm not a software engineer, I'm a media manager, but I've been pulling 12 hour days lately with no thanks or help. I like a lot of aspects of my job, but I don't like my boss man or how he pushes all his work onto me at the end of the day so he can go home and I'm stuck working late for another hour or two. Ideally, I'd love to do marketing for a more creative company and I would like to be in-house. I'm tired of having to cater to over 30 people but act like each account is the only one I work on. Not enough hours in a day.

Years
  • Not really, no. The girls on the first floor are the only reason it's bearable. I suppose I do have good days but answering phones all day on top of being everyone's little assistant is tiresome and definitely a temporary thing to carry me over until I find something in my career field.

I don't plan on getting in on the mortgage business either so I don't care for a promotion (won't happen for years anyway as our company has enough loan processors) and plan to leave within the next few months. Definitely before my birthday in late April. ;(

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
    Years
  • Neutral I guess? Working for my parents' company is something I don't really hate nor love. Freelance design is okay, but I'd rather have something solid.

Universe

all-consuming
    Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2016
    oh yes i love having a job where they send me orders a day late and then yell when they aren't done.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • Yes and no. There are aspects of the job that really make it enjoyable, and then there are aspects that make me hate it at times. I think one of the most important things is the people you work with, I've found that your decision to stay at a job primarily relies on how well you get along with your colleagues.

killer-curry

Oro.........?
    Years
  • Yes and no. There are aspects of the job that really make it enjoyable, and then there are aspects that make me hate it at times. I think one of the most important things is the people you work with, I've found that your decision to stay at a job primarily relies on how well you get along with your colleagues.

No matter how hard the job is, there's always a backup hands behind you :)

Electricbluewolf

Bᴇ pıɟɟǝɹǝuʇ
    Years
  • I do love my job as I run my own dog walking and pet sitting business.

I've worked in retail and even though I did love working with different people, helping in different situations and sorting out orders the company I worked for saw me nothing more as a till lacky. I was frustrated as they offered me full time work when I left college (I was originally a Saturday) and they just ignored me and then said if I couldn't do the hours they wanted they'd drop me.

I thought I hit jackpot when I found a job at a kennels, as animal based jobs are few and far inbetween. They turned out to be the nastiest people I have ever met, the only worry they had was money not the animals, they treated their staff as disposable rubbish (in 6 months they had had 19 different employees, and for a business that's under 10 people all the time you tell me if it was these people's fault) and the owner ended up physically assaulting me when I tried to leave the premises (he had just called me and another girl "stupid immature brats", so what else should I have done)

Glad to say on my life achievements I gladly and angrily told an ex boss exactlywhat I think of them.

So I thought, I'll do it myself. It was slow starting as where I live there is lots of competition but now it's really taken off. I get loads of positive feedback, with one woman saying she never wants me to stop walking her dog!

Back