• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

do you participate in post-game battle facilities?

Years
    i started to get more into bdsp's battle tower after not participating in battle facilities in quite a while! what about you all? do you tend to do them, or ignore them entirely?

Drayton

Chilled Dude of The Elite Four
    Years
    • He/They/Them
    • Seen Feb 21, 2024
    Battle facility isn't my type of tea, I'm not into much competitiveness and more lean towards casual playing.

Years
    I take them on casually, but not all facilities. In Emerald I avoided the Battle Pike like a plague, pretty much just grinding on the Battle Dome nonstop because it was easier lol. In Platinum I focused also on the Battle Hall because I found it easier to win BP. I remember making it to Argenta once, but she wiped the floor with me D:

Lysander

girl power ftw
    Years
    I've been using the Battle Facilities more often in recent years. I've managed to get 339 wins at the Battle Tower on Shield and have unlocked the Master Class recently in BDSP. Also managed to get each Silver Print at the Battle Frontier on Platinum a few months ago. Might consider trying the Battle Frontier on Emerald after I've finished my current playthrough of the game, although the lack of Physical/Special split in Gen 3 might be an issue.

Years
    • Seen today
    If the game at least provides tools to make competitive team building less of a pain in the Nosepass (like Gen 7's Poké Pelago EV training, Ability Patches, or Gen 8's Nature mints), yeah, count me in.

Otherwise, nope. Being trolled by AI trainers with perfect IV/EV spreads and being forced to spend lots of hours on breeding and tedious grinding stuff to build competitive mons isn't my idea of having fun playing a game.

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    I did back in the day. I was real obsessed with the Battle Subway of all things lol.

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    I always really liked Battle Dome in Emerald, and training up my mentee in the Battle Tower (cloning was fun too). Brief forays aside though I only took them seriously in my last two spurts of Pokémon-playing. 2017 I had a real go at Hoenn Frontier for a couple weeks, maybe got 1 symbol. 2020 saves I think I got to battle the Subway Bosses, then when I picked up Platinum recently I've taken it quite seriously, getting about 30 different Pokémon to Silver Print at Battle Tower, and two teams to Gold. Can't get past battle 50 though and I ran out of patience as I was dual-screening it with a Suits binge and they got to the episode where Meghan left. I will get that 100 streak one day though, I'm determined once I fork over for an over-expensive copy of Pearl and complete my National Pokédex, I'm going for a completed trainer card.

Years
    A little, but not massively! I like trying them out just a bit nowadays and don't tend to stick with it actively. Has always been the case for me. I did love the rental Pokémon facility in Emerald though but that was really it out of the ones I enjoyed enough to continuously redo.

If I need things like bottlecaps or anything else requiring battle points I will do the battles required. Otherwise, only initially to try them out. ❤️

Years
    • Any pronoun
    • Seen today
    Depends on the game. Enters them for Battle Points. Tends to not bother otherwise.

Attributes part of this mindset to X/Y. Mixed it up in the Battle Maison a bit. Would gravitate towards the same (or similar) team now, most likely. Sounds unappealing without a good reward.

d4rk

Oh my Arceus!
    Years
    I tried them but the battles proved kinda hard at that time. Would definitely put more effort into it if I could gain exp. points from the battles or Exp. Candies as rewards.

Back