• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you still have my game from 10 years ago?

Mawa

The typo Queen
Years
  • Let's be honest, we probably all lost a game. Maybe you swapped the case with another game, someone took it from you or maybe your parents gave them away? Which game did you lost that you want back the most?

I want Okami again :(

Svartulv

the black wind howls.
    Years
  • I'm in the other end: a former high school classmate lent me a Wii game "for a week or two, until you pass it". I found it boring after the first 1.5 hours, left it at home, never returned it, and that was... 5 years ago, more or less. I'm not a bad persoon :c I'm just forgetful. I doubt I see him again, but if I do, I'll return it.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
  • I'm in the other end: a former high school classmate lent me a Wii game "for a week or two, until you pass it". I found it boring after the first 1.5 hours, left it at home, never returned it, and that was... 5 years ago, more or less. I'm not a bad persoon :c I'm just forgetful. I doubt I see him again, but if I do, I'll return it.
    Considering he never said anything, he probably didn't like the game either.

So no harm no foul...?

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    I'm in the other end: a former high school classmate lent me a Wii game "for a week or two, until you pass it". I found it boring after the first 1.5 hours, left it at home, never returned it, and that was... 5 years ago, more or less. I'm not a bad persoon :c I'm just forgetful. I doubt I see him again, but if I do, I'll return it.
    This is the deal with me too

He let me borrow TES: Oblivion and a couple of other games....and I'm still "borrowing" them years later lol.

And then on the flip side I let one of my cousins borrow this DS Action replay we had and haven't seen that in quite a while. Think he said he might've lost it. Oh well.

Mawa

The typo Queen
    Years
  • I "borrowed" a game from a friend (5 years), a game he 'borrowed" from his cousin, like 10 years ago.

Me: I still have our Pokemon Snap!
    Him: Oh keep it. Not even mine

XD

Reunilu

of the Eastern Skies
    Years
  • Lost my copies of PMD: Explorers of Time and Pokemon Platinum a while ago. Had some really fond memories of those since they were the first two video games I ever owned. ;_;

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
    Years
  • Guess I'm the odd one but I AM one that has never lost the game =D
    Or I did and don't know about it =D

On the other hand, I started buying physical games only 5 years ago and I have all of them in my shelf (with Vita games on special one since there's too many of them xD)

Years
  • Man I've had some bad experiences with losing games.

Back when GBA first came out I had just gotten the Glacier colored one and two games being Super Mario Advance and Jurassic Park 3: DNA Factor (which was a great game). I was in the Boys and Girls Club once and some kid wanted to try out the system and Mario game. I was only 10 around the time and let him play for a little and walked away to go tell something to someone. When I came back I couldn't find that kid and couldn't even remember what he looked like. I never saw him again and didn't get that GBA back either. I was crying like a baby in there when I realized he stole my system and I freaked out when my mom had picked me up and she was so mad when she heard what happened.

Another time was when I was about 18 or 19 I think. I had HeartGold for about a couple months and didn't even get past the whole Kanto part before having my DS stolen with the game inside because I left it on my bed in the dorm rooms. I always think I knew who stole my DS and confronted him and never actually got it back. I had seen him playing a black DS lite once that looked a lot like mine but I couldn't prove it because I never got close enough to be able to tell whether it had any of the marks I know only my DS had. I was so pissed because I was always so careful with my stuff and not forgetting. Then this one time that I leave it on my bed for literally 5 minutes and then remembering and going to grab it only to see it gone within a short time just got me so angry. I was so mad that I straight just sold my entire collection of about 20 games at the time because I figured I wasn't even gonna be able to afford another for a long time anyway.

I've done my share of crappy things to people too as a sort of evening the score with the world. My first copy of Diamond I had I stole from the cousin of one of my friends because I couldn't get one at launch. So hey I guess things did even out eventually, but that's just part of how things are.

pastelspectre

Memento Mori★
    Years
  • i've actually haven't lost a lot of games, despite me moving around so much from city to city or state to state. i think the only game i lost was hamtaro ham ham games, and i never saw that again. i think i also lost another game, pokemon diamond. i probably lost it during one of the many moves i did when i was younger. oh well. other than that i actually haven't lost a lot of video games i think?

Years
  • I haven't really lost any games, but during my break from Pokemon, I gave my copy of Emerald too a friend (worst mistake I've ever made) but after a couple of years I asked for it back and thankfully he still had it :)

Years
  • My mum sold my Paper mario thousand year trap door to buy my nephew an camera.
    That's such a crappy thing to happen. I remember when the PS1 came out my dad was so hyped to get it that he sold the Super Nintendo and all the games to get one. I was so angry and sad that I refused to play that PS1 for a while. Then I got into it a bit and also got an N64 for my birthday and was pretty happy again. But I will never forget how disappointed I was to see him box up my favorite system and games to go sell them all for this new one.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 22, 2024
    Oh, I didn't just lose a game, I lost the entire DS Lite. To this day I'm not sure how I managed that without noticing, but my best guess was it fell out of my bag at the cinema that day? That was one of my favorite consoles and the one I spent the most time on in my childhood (maybe next to the SP) so it hurt quite a bit at the time. Game inside was The World Ends With You, which I missed for a very long time, but I bought a new copy a couple years ago and played it again. Still pretty good.

Hands

I was saying Boo-urns
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen yesterday
    My friend's friend had my disc 1 of Final Fantasy 8 for 6 years.

Back