• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you turn the air blue?

Margot

some things are that simple
    Years
    • they/he
    • Seen Apr 16, 2022
    I've been told to make a swear jar one or thirty times.

Gabri

m8
    Years
    Fuck no, of course not. Why the fuck would I do that? That shit's just fucking rude.

Spoiler:

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
    Years
    I'll admit, I do swear every now and then. The most that I do ever swear is when I'm angry or in a bad mood. Other than that though, I can usually keep it to a good minimum as well. My mom wouldn't let me swear until I was an adult. After that, she stopped caring about it. She's heard me swear a few times like "dammit" or "shit", and she's overlooked it. Other times, she's tried to joke with me about it by pretending it bothers her too. Lately, she just doesn't seem to care because she knows I'm practically an adult now anyway.

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    I remember in high school when I swore around my friends they were shocked. Now I do it all the time. I don't do it to sound cool, I do it for emphasis.

Years
    I swear, but its usually to the surprise of everyone around me, because I'm usually quiet until it happens.

Bay

Years
    I would swear inside my head often and swear aloud when I'm not out. Funny enough, I make sure to not swear at work but I heard one of my older co-workers swear occasionally, like when there's a paperjam lol.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Not super much o: rather, I'm the one who reacts and kicks people out of skype chats when others swear a lot c:

Years
    Yeah, cursing has become a terrible habit of mine. I mostly blame it on all the stuff on YouTube and Tumblr that I see, and being badly influenced for most of my life. It's terrible, yeah.

Spiff

love child
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jun 30, 2023
    sometimes I swear so much that it belittles the words and everyone around me gets numb to it, so once I have to legitimately express my feelings I have nothing left in the toolbox rofl. I really overplay my swearing game

Aurora

seven years here and i finally figure out how to d
    Years
    I swear pretty often. I try to keep curse words out of forum posts but in live chat / real life I'm prone to cussing.

Patatas Fritas

bajo el mismo sol ღ
    Years
    I go through stages where I'll swear a lot and where I wont swear at all. I don't really like hearing myself swear and I'm also too concerned about what people will think of me so I generally avoid swearing in public and I'm the one that will tell people to stop swearing if they're swearing around me in a public.

I mean, unless I'm drunk.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Man, I swear like a drunken sailor. Really, it's not obvious here. But I do swear a lot more outside the screen, but I don't care. It's just how I am, people should try to make me swear less instead!
    I have a hard time believing that XD You are so sweet! Wow.

If there was a hall of fame for excessive swearing I would long since have been inducted.
    Ok, I totally believe you though. You're the king of that hall.

Problem in Swedish is actually that there aren't any really ugly bad swearwords. Most have to do with satan in one way or another. Fucking christian jäkla skitjävel land. Pretty interesting actually, how fuck is a swearword in English but only a verb in Swedish. Shit isn't at all as bad in Swedish to say either. It's a very casual word. Tbh Swedes say "fuck" because it's the ugliest thing we have. Yea.

Gabri

m8
    Years
    Most have to do with satan in one way or another.
    Spoiler:

Fucking christian jäkla skitjävel land.
    I shoved that into google translate and took the translation back into that phrase trying to make sense of it. Failed miserably. But swears don't have to I guess :P

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Spoiler:

I shoved that into google translate and took the translation back into that phrase trying to make sense of it. Failed miserably. But swears don't have to I guess :P
    Ahahah.

I'm a bit surprised it couldn't translate it tbh d: basically I said "fucking christian devilish shitdevil country" and that was the ugliest I had. I rreeeeally hope the swear censor catches all my fucks in these posts ._.

Gabri

m8
    Years
    Ahahah.

I'm a bit surprised it couldn't translate it tbh d: basically I said "fucking christian devilish shitdevil country" and that was the ugliest I had. I rreeeeally hope the swear censor catches all my fucks in these posts ._.

Tried it again and turns out that translate was tricking me. It assumed I meant jävla instead of jäkla and translated accordingly. With your original exact wording it gives me "Fucking shit bastard damn christian country.", with devilish as another translation for jäkla... eh. Not much of a difference. It was previously giving me the same thing but without the "damn" and I wasn't really making sense of it.

Funny thing, I don't think I've seen swears being mostly devil-related in the languages I know :o At least in Portuguese it's not a big deal at all.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Yea I have no idea why there's such a focus on that, Sweden is the second least religious country in the world according to a study hahha. I guess it's historical, oh well.

I'll invent my own swears if necessary (8

Back