• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you use legendary Pokemon during your main adventure?

Gligar

Bruhfication Sayan
Years
  • I only did it once. With Cobalion in White 2. He is probably one of my favourite legendaries of all time, probably because of the movie, but that was the only time were I genuinely used my legendary pokemon. I usually don't even catch the legendary pokemon, like in Sapphire or in Platinum where I never caught them.

Years
  • I do if I like them.

This means I often use the box legendaries, since they are usually the main reason I choose one version over another; in general, if I'm playing White, it means I like Zekrom and want to have one with me.

Years
  • Pretty much never; last time I used a legend was in White because Victini was too cute<3 and I had just gotten it through an event so naturally I was excited to try it out. The Pokemon I like tend to be really weak so my party can suffer because of it.. and legends make an already-easy game even easier. Training them waits until postgame.

Ice1

[img]http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-xy/icon/712.pn
    Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2023
    I'll use Articuno, if I can get my hands on it, but there are just so much cool non-legendaries to use, so I rather use those.

Years
  • I never use them. I know I used Kyogre when I was a kid, but I dont recall even catching all the legendaries recently. All the birds are flying around Kanto in FR, Dialga and Palkia are chilling in their own dimensions in Platinum, Rayquaza is on the top of the Sky Pillar and will stay there unless I decide to soft reset for a shiny one. I caught only Raikou in Soulsilver.

Legendaries are important in the wolrd, so I dont catch them and leave in the PC. I might do it later, but for now they're free :D

Years
  • Unlike with competitive battling where Ubers such as Mewtwo and Rayquaza are banned, there is really no rule that states you shouldn't use legendaries. I tend to use them to take advantage of my freedom, but never bad ones like Regigigas and post generation 1 Articuno.

Years
  • I don't think they're "bad" to use, and I don't mind if others use them on their teams, but I don't tend to use them on my own teams...

Mostly because by the time I do get to the point where I can catch legendaries (I don't have any special ones or anything), I've gotten more than attached to the pokemon I've actually been training for the past while, so the thought of switching any of them out for a legendary is...weird. Just too weird, I don't like it. So the legendaries get boxed. :D

Years
    • Seen Mar 29, 2015
    Not since gen 1 with mew and mewtwo. Ever since then, I don't use legendaries. Period.

Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2015
    Nope. Not for any other reason than I usually have a full team I'm attached to by that time - honestly, I just very rarely use late (or even mid-) game pokemon in general. Despite Absol being one of my favourite designs in Pokémon, I didn't actually use one until ORAS because I never caught one before I had a full team of 6 that I was accustomed to.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • In Gen 1, I always used an Articuno in my team. And I used an Articuno during the Elite Four and did not regret ever since. But I was young thenx xD and today I still consider using it.

I think that's the only time I used a legendary. I used a Lugia for my Silver playthrough, and I felt guilty and wanted a challenge, so I boxed it instead.

Charlie Brown

[font=lato]coolcoolcool[/font]
    Years
  • I just box them straight away. I don't like a lot of legendary Pokemon in the first place, and I prefer to use other Pokemon anyway. A lot of the time I don't really bother catching legendaries though >__>

AquaMarine8

One less, one less problem~
    Years
  • Aside from when I was a kid and didn't even know how to build a team, no, I don't. I don't see anything wrong with it and I think it's fun (I may do it in the future), but I do think it makes the game too easy. I'd rather just have a team of balanced, regular Pokemon.

Wicked3DS

[b]Until the very end.[/b]
    Years
  • I never use Legendaries during a playthrough, it's just not as fun since they're usually really high-powered. I prefer training normal Pokémon.

Mister Coffee

Blathering Fool
    Years
    • Seen Nov 7, 2020
    Is it weird to feel like, using Legendary pokemon is like cheating on an already easy to beat game?
    I pretty much never use the Legendary pokemon, I used to when I was much younger, but not much since then. Plus the really awesome Legendary pokemon lose a lot of their appeal to me when I know that three or more of my friends who are playing the exact same game as I am, all have Legendary pokemon stocked in their teams, and they all are played the same way and they always wreck everything. It feels, less special. Plus with how easy it is to acquire most of the Legendary pokemon, every one can get their hands on one, which makes them feel less unique.
    Plus just playing with most of the Legendaries ruins the atmosphere of a lot of the games for me. A lot of the most recent Legendary pokemon that you can catch are omnipotent beings, and you're telling me that I caught it in a Pokeball? Yeah, because that makes sense.

I think the best Legendary pokemon are the ones that are not presented as being omnipotent and are near impossible to get like any event pokemon, such as Mew. The Legendaries that fall under those two categories seem more like trophy pokemon, and because they require a decent amount of effort to get your hands on, they would actually be interesting to play with, in the game and against other people.

I generally prefer to box Legendary pokemon almost immediately, however I will admit... I often like to have one Legendary pokemon maxed out to 100 with flying capabilities for the purpose of EV training when I start prepping for competitive play.

Years
  • I'm on the same page as almost everyone else -- I usually just box my legendaries. As of late, I don't even try to catch them! But a few years back I actually did use legendaries quite a bit, but it was almost always post game.

Back