• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you wear a mask when you go outside?

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    i wear my mask when i go out as i enjoy being alive for the most part.

Years
    I do. I'm an essential worker & haven't stopped working due to this. It grates my nerves when people come in with no mask & act as though me asking them if they have one/to put one on is like I'm asking them to chop a limb off.

Years
    yes. in fact i just bought a new cloth black one with palm trees on it. i saw it in the checkout line when i was at the grocery store, the only place i have been going to since the outbreak.

when i'm walking around outside, i keep my mask lowered below my chin so that i can breathe comfortably, but i raise it if i see people coming.

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    Yes. And I plan on wearing one in public for the rest of my life.

Years
    • Seen Jun 30, 2020
    TBH I dont wear a mask when i go out ! i dont believe in the effectiveness of masks . besides i wear glasses and it gets foggy. i have to clean my glasses every 2 minutes if i wear the damn mask !

WizardOfOdd

Kirbmeister
    Years
    I use a mask, I don't really want to endanger people around me. Also it's mandatory to use on public places like mall and grocery store around here, and I'm glad that people obey the mandatory rule. Also because I'm the one running most errands for my entire family which sometimes made me have to go far using my motorbike, I just don't want to risk my family's well-being especially with my mother and father reached their 50s recently

Years
    If I'm walking up and down my street for exercise, no. I won't see other people and on the very slim chance I do, I can get out of their way easily.
    It rarely happens anyway because it's too damn hot right now.

Otherwise, if I'm going out shopping -- the only reason I leave the house anymore -- I put on a mask. It's non-negotiable. Especially now that cases are going up in town. I don't want other people to get sick if I am, and yeah it'd be nice if I didn't get sick either I guess.

Years
    Last Friday the governor passed a state-wide ordinance, so you must wear a mask now if you leave home, it's the rules.

It's a more liberal approach compared to some states. Authorities won't just seize you off the street or fine you if you don't have a mask, but if you try to enter a business without one then they are supposed ask you to leave or that business would receive a citation for not meeting the necessary safety standards. They also must make sure their employees wear masks, which I think is good, because in a lot of busy workplaces like Walmart staff has complained that they want masks, but they are not being provided by the company. I know someone working in fast food right now who left one major chain because nobody had masks and people were coughing around her, and she was legitimately worried about her own well-being. She started working at another restaurant, and went through the same thing.

So I think these regulations are not only appropriate to help protect the health of everyone, but will relieve some of the anxieties many of us have about going back to work.

I think it's not asking that much. You don't wear masks in the comfort of your own home. You don't need to wear them in your car if you don't want, just once you leave it and enter a public area. There are also exceptions if you have a medical reason that would make it hard for you to breathe if your face is covered. Infants and other very small children are also exempt. If you need to communicate with someone who is hearing impaired and reads lips then you can also lower your mask under these circumstances.

Last edited:

Pyrax

Midnight Guest
    Years
    • he/him
    • UK
    • Seen today
    Been wearing one since April - it's a comfy cloth dust mask that I bought in the Philippines. I always wear it whenever I go to the city centre, though I do take it with me on a jog in case I see other people.

Last edited:
    Years
    In all honesty, I don't wear one when I go out, but I live in a small countryside town with a low population, there's almost never a large gathering of people, and I can easily avoid the few people I see when I go out. Perhaps when I return to university in September that'll change though!

DragonKing48

The King Of All Dragons.
    Years
    It's "required" and "mandatory " here, but clearly no consequences so IS it TRULY "Mandatory "???

My idea of that means "obviously with some kind of "or else", but when people are in Walmart freely without them...doesn't really seem to mean much.

I guess it could be seen as "nothing's mandatory if you don't get caught..."

But idfk.

Years
    I haven't had to very often, mostly because I don't go out much.

But, when I do go somewhere and there's bound to be a lot of other people around me, like to the grocery store or other public establishment that a lot of other people frequent, then I will wear a mask.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    I don't wear a mask when I am walking from the house to the car and I don't wear a mask when I am in the car but as soon as I leave my car I put a mask on.

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
    Years
    I don't like wearing those annoying face masks
    they fog up my reading glasses so quickly, make my nose, beard and mustache too itchy

yes, I have to wear them while working, I restock the shelves at the grocery store, its a requirement or can't work
    now it's required to wear them at every public place in Seattle (and pretty much the entire state too)

I'll wear them when I'm in public to keep other's safe, and follow the face mask rules/ordinance
    in my vehicle, in my home I don't wear them, I do keep a few face masks in my vehicle's glove compartment

Years
    if i'm going anywhere where there's a ton of people (supermarkets/grocery stores primarily) then yes, i wear a mask. i don't wear them indoors because it's not really necessary, and i'm debating whether or not i should wear one when going out jogging as i live in kind of a quiet area with not very many people around outside (even pre-COVID it was like that).

Chikara

ʕ´•ᴥ•`ʔ
    Years
    Masks are only required when social distancing is difficult to achieve.

I work in healthcare, so I wear a mask all day while I'm at work(and have since the day I came off of maternity leave)((before, I didn't leave the house for a solid 2 months with a newborn ayyyy)).

I put one on when I absolutely need to, but I take it off as soon as I can without putting others at risk.

Back