• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Don't Tell Me What to Do!

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
  • People boss me around. I'm a bit of a pushover a lot of the time, which causes me to still have some toxic people in my life because I just can't tell them "get the **** out of my face" most of the time. RIP me.

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2023
    I used to be a pushover, then I worked at McDonalds. Sometiems we had chill bosses that didn't give a crap what we did and wouldn't boss us around, but other times we had the most bossiest old lady bosses. All the high schoolers worked at night and we would do our darndest to make their jobs hard. Haha maybe that's why they were so bossy....

I try not to be a bossy person though, people don't like that.

Lucid

Nah, I'm pretty laid back and have no interest in dictating anyone, but I won't let you forget it if I really want something. I'm pretty stubborn, so it's hard to get me to do something I don't really want to unless you bribe or guilt me enough. I don't recall ever really getting bossed around by people I know.

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    I don't boss people around, and people don't usually boss me around, either. Which is good, because I hate it, and I will glare at people who boss me around unnecessarily. At work I don't have to be bossed around, because I know what to do to the point where I'm usually the one guiding others. I guide them, or the big bosses guide me at times, but in general bossiness isn't an issue, thankfully.

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2016
    I'm not a bossy person. People have tried to boss me around a lot in my life but I got to a point where I was like no more. I feel better about it in the long run though it has caused problems in the context that I hate authority figures...makes me feel like an angsty teen sometimes lol.

pkmin3033

I am neither bossy nor a doormat. I will listen to advice if I can see the sense in it, and I will offer advice if asked. But I hate being told what to do, and have never really been one to give orders unless I'm put in charge of something...then I'm an iron-fisted dictator and I WILL be heeded, or there will be hell to pay. But that's to be expected. I have no problem following orders if I'm in a group either...provided the orders aren't ridiculous, anyway.

Nolafus

Aspiring something
    Years
  • I'm only bossy when I have actual authority over someone, but even then I'm pretty laid back with my leading style. Don't get me wrong, if someone isn't doing that well when I'm teaching them how to make coffee, we'll work on it until we get it right, but I won't make them feel bad about it or keep pushing them when they're clearly past the point of being frustrated.

If someone has authority over me, then I'm a huge pushover. I'm one of those workers that'll do whatever the boss asks without a question. Which, isn't necessarily a bad quality as long as the boss is a good one. Luckily, I have a good boss at my work, so I haven't run into any problems.

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
    Years
  • I think it depends on my mood. I'm not going to flat out deny that I've never been bossy with others either. It wouldn't be right. I often do it without actually realizing it as well. ><

Years
  • I'm pretty much a doormat, but I'm working on it. It's just that saying "no" is seen as the worst thing ever in today's society.

Years
  • I'm usually pretty chill and let people tell me what to do especially in a work sense unless its completely unreasonable and i'll tell them my mind but don't think i've ever really been a bossy person I just dont care enough for that.

Rantiki

Champion of SEN Children
    Years
  • I'm not bossy, I'm dominant, a born leader. If someone is submissive and undecided I take the lead which can look bossy *grins*. However professionally at present I am an intern so follow directions and only give my opinion when asked.

However I have found with maturity has come increased assertiveness, self esteem and confidence. For that reason alone I tend to be not a good target for bossy or over bearing people :)

Back