• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

DON'T TOUCH ME!

Lucid

But no, gtf away. Especially when it's someone in not super close to, I'm not a really affectionate person, especially not in public.

Her

Years
    • Seen today
    Unless it's a younger sibling, I really do not care for physical contact in the slightest. I'm not a physical person, I prefer to interact emotionally and through my voice. This has been heightened in the years since I started having sex and my subsequent extreme distaste for it. I'd rather just not be touched at all.

Years
    Count me in as one of those that I don't like people touching me unless I know them well enough. I guess I don't mind the occasional hug from others, as long as it's not a usual occurrence. And definitely as long as it's not just sprung on me randomly.

Otherwise, don't touch me, don't poke me, I will probably glare at you if you try to initiate physical contact, I have a bubble don't you dare enter it.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
    Don't fucking touch me. I will run far away or back into a corner and hide from people who try to even hug me. I dislike physical contact so much, oh my god. Stay away.

I won't even shake hands with someone; I have it that bad.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    For the most part no I don't like it. But to be socially acceptable I just deal with it when I have to do it. I love intimate contact though. Cuddling, kissing, and having someone's body thrusted up against me are all welcome :)

Sun

When the sun goes down...
    Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    It depends who, otherwise I don't like any physical contact as much as possible.

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    If we're friends/close. Sure. Don't mind any physical contact at all.
    Strangers though? Depends I guess. "Physical contact" is so broad that I can't really say no.

That said because of my skin condition I'm far too self conscious about my skin, so direct contact there I'm not particularly comfortable with. Fine with it, but uncomfortable.

Somewhere_

i don't know where
    Years
    I dislike physical contact. I do not mind hugs from IMMEDIATE family, but I feel awkward with like aunts and uncles, grandparents, cousins, etc hugging me. I also dislike pats on the back from peers, and stuff like that. Ill high five someone, but that is it.

I will shake hands with someone, but I am a little self-conscious about it. I always try to make sure its firm because I dont want to be embarrassed by a wimpy hand shake, especially with adults and teachers.

Outlier

I crave affection so yes I do like to hug, cuddle and touch if I'm comfortable with the other person. Of course they have to be willing too which is why it doesn't happen often lol.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    I love physical contact. Obviously I don't want a ton of strangers touching me. But physical contact is really important to me. Especially in my relationship. It's my primary means of affection. The secondary is verbal.

maccrash

foggy notion
    Years
    for people who say they refuse any physical contact: how awkward is it for you when someone goes in to, like, shake your hand or something and then you just stand there not reciprocating? do you actually have to explain to them "I can't do physical contact?" does that put people off? this is so foreign to me.

as far as how I think of physical contact, it kinda depends on the person. like, if it's just familial pleasantries I don't love it but I recognize that it's just kinda something you have to do and accept it as such. if it's one of my friends and they're like IDK slapping me on the back or something I guess it depends on if it is painful. case-by-case basis. put me down under "it's okay."

Years
    I mean, I'm a dancer so physical contact is something of a given to me now. I used to be really against it as a kid (autism and all) but because of what I do it has grown to be a normal part of my life now and eventually this extended to things like hugs with close friends or romantic contact.

bill flibby

Chase is my favorite
    Years
    I used to not like touching people, but as I grew older one of my younger sisters, in particular, liked to sit on my lap/against me any time I visit home. That, and I've had a few late night drunken escapades, meeting new, strange people. I've discovered I'm quick to throw my arm around someone if we're hitting it off. And my current roommate is a very touchy-feely guy.

So, no. I don't have a problem being touched. Used to, but don't anymore.

Universe

all-consuming
    Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2016
    to answer the topic this time: i'm very receptive to physical contact unless i get a vibe from someone that makes me uncomfortable.

i'm really used to hugs and cheek kisses as greetings, so close contact with strangers isn't abnormal to me either.

Back