• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

DON'T TOUCH ME!

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
Years
  • to answer the topic this time: i'm very receptive to physical contact unless i get a vibe from someone that makes me uncomfortable.

i'm really used to hugs and cheek kisses as greetings, so close contact with strangers isn't abnormal to me either.

^This

In Argentina, any old stranger would kiss me as a greeting. After that, there is little contact that can disturb you.

Fun story: there is this old school mate who, every time he touched me, made me feel so uncomfortable it was as if he was burning the contact area. He was also clingy as hell u_u

Last edited:
    Years
  • *_* I obviously would not do well living in some places then, ah ha.

for people who say they refuse any physical contact: how awkward is it for you when someone goes in to, like, shake your hand or something and then you just stand there not reciprocating? do you actually have to explain to them "I can't do physical contact?" does that put people off? this is so foreign to me.
    "
    See, I don't like contact, but I can still do handshakes. That for whatever reason doesn't actually bother me too much, maybe it's because usually the other person isn't normally getting right up in your face as well when it's happening. I really don't know how to explain it.

Not that I get very many handshakes in the first place, but yeah. That's a major exception that I never really think about.

Sirfetch’d

*_* I obviously would not do well living in some places then, ah ha.

See, I don't like contact, but I can still do handshakes. That for whatever reason doesn't actually bother me too much, maybe it's because usually the other person isn't normally getting right up in your face as well when it's happening. I really don't know how to explain it.

Not that I get very many handshakes in the first place, but yeah. That's a major exception that I never really think about.

Maybe I'm weird but I prefer hugs to handshakes :( Idk why but I always feel more awkward shaking someone's hand as opposed to giving them a friendly hug haha

Years
  • Maybe I'm weird but I prefer hugs to handshakes :( Idk why but I always feel more awkward shaking someone's hand as opposed to giving them a friendly hug haha
    Well, it might be me being the weird one, since I absolutely used to love giving out hugs when I was a kid. To the point where my parents scolded me once for hugging the real estate lady when she was leaving one time...lol. Then I just stopped that habit for whatever reason and now I don't tend to give them out and I'm picky with receiving them, I dunno why.

Whereas a more impersonal handshake is like...okay, that's just fine.

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
    Years
  • I'm not a touchy-feely kind of person, but I do enjoy a hug or two on occasion with people I'm comfortable with. The only times I dislike being touched are when people touch me unexpectedly or in places where I'm ticklish.

Years
  • I consider myself a really cuddly person haha
    I love getting hugs and kisses from friends and I also really enjoy intimate contact. However, I'm often quite hesitant to initiate it myself because I know a lot of people aren't too comfortable with it and I worry about making it awkward for them
    If you're a friend and asking for a hug? Hell yeah I'm in!

dad

big poppa
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jun 13, 2018
    if i know you then yeah, i'm a hugger. i like long hugs and if you smell nice don't expect me to let you go. on the flip side, if i don't like you and you ask me "where's my hug" i'll be looking with you and you prob won't get one from me.

Gandhi Savage

[FONT=Maven Pro][COLOR=#00AAFF]OJAMA DELTA HURRICA
    Years
  • I'm really fine with it, and especially love hugs (no clue why). I'm like the least sexually driven person as well so it kinda confuses me haha!

Ullion

[color=#00cc99][i]Simic Synthesis[/i][/color]
    Years
  • Maybe I'm weird but I prefer hugs to handshakes :( Idk why but I always feel more awkward shaking someone's hand as opposed to giving them a friendly hug haha

I find it hard to know when it's appropriate to shake hands or hug - or neither. I'm very... oblivious to subtleties. Personally I prefer shaking hands, but if its a friend and I don't want it to seem forced/formal I would rather have a hug? But I feel awkward when I hug someone, it just registers as weird in my head. x.x

When I'm simply talking to someone or whatever and physical contact isn't needed or isn't relevant, I get pretty upset when people touch me. I got in a conversation with some random guy in a bus station, and every line he spoke he had to tap me on the shoulder for some reason. ><"

I do also play basketball, so physical contact is a given. Hell, I invite it. I love bruising pushing people around and/or bruising them despite being the scrawniest kid to ever play the sport. :3

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen today
    for people who say they refuse any physical contact: how awkward is it for you when someone goes in to, like, shake your hand or something and then you just stand there not reciprocating? do you actually have to explain to them "I can't do physical contact?" does that put people off? this is so foreign to me.
    As someone who doesn't like any sort of physical contact, I will still shake hands. I'm fine doing that, but it's a very quick handshake. I don't like it to linger, so it's a quick shake and done.

Probably because I didn't grow up in a household where physical affection was a thing, I just don't like touching anyone. Even people I know well, I just don't feel the need to hug them. If someone does touch me, then I get this weird feeling on my skin like they're still touching me, and it doesn't go away for hours or until I wash the spot. Since physical contact makes me feel that way, I avoid it.

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    I'm curious if there's a cultural thing here going on, at least when it comes to having physical contacts with stranger.

I'm an Arab, so I'm pretty much used to coming in contact with plenty of strangers for as long as I remember. Shaking hands and then kissing each other in the cheeks are pretty much customary greetings here, sometimes hugging (if it's a family situation), regardless if you knew them or not. When I moved to Ireland I barely even shook hands haha.

Years
  • Well who is it? If it's a hot grill then heck yeah they can touch anywhere they want {:3}, but if it's like a guy then no... just no.

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
    Years
  • This is not what i expected from that title but...
    Im fine with it i actually embrace it i rather have someone holding my hand, have their head on my shoulder, or poke me than do nothing at all haah i never realky was one of those people i guess

Melody

Banned
    Years
  • To be honest; I am very receptive to touches if they aren't startling. Hug me, kiss me, cuddle me, hold my hand and anything that you want; I love all forms of contact, both innocent and very intimate...just so long as I see them coming.

I've had people touch me suddenly without announcement without declaring that intent in their actions somehow and it just makes me all "dfjsdflkfasdflkjhvn" for a moment. Not good; since suddenly being touched is like setting a live wire to me. I enjoy it but I do have a stronger reaction to it, and thus do appreciate the moment I register it coming so I can prepare for it; or back out if it's bad for me.

It's not bad if I initiate the touch; though I will admit to WANTING such contact. I want to hug people. I want to kiss people. I want to cuddle them! But I do try to respect other's wishes, and don't normally by default try to do it...but I only would if I knew them well enough anyways. I like to think I act a lot more personable and close to people online, but this is only because it's easier for me to come to know someone and be more comfortable with them

Wicked3DS

[b]Until the very end.[/b]
    Years
  • First of all, I like hugs, so I have no problem with that. Someone I don't know touching me a bunch when we first meet would be weird, but I really don't mind for the most part.

Dracowyn

Hell's Traffic Accident
    Years
  • I love hugs and love to give them. Which becomes worse if I've been drinking, so if anyone doesn't likes hugs, don't come close to me if I'm drunk.

However, I hate physical contact from people I don't or barely know. Like those people who put their hand on your shoulder when saying something to you, ugh.

I don't like people I'm not close with messing with my hair either, not even the hairdresser.

Last edited:

Yukari

I love hugs. A lot. But that aside I really don't like any physical contact.

EmeraldSerenade

babyboy
    Years
  • The only person who can touch my butt is the guy I'm seeing.

Lmao jk, I do like hugs, but only from close friends. I'll give people I barely know hugs sometimes, but it can be kind of awkward for me.

Back