• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

IMPORTANT: Downtime: here's what we know

Zoroark Cutie

The Illusion Fox Skyfarer
Years
  • I'm just wandering, but was this always the limit or was this the result of the site going down?
    Spoiler:

I thought the profile pic limit was 130x130 if you were not a supporter.

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
    Years
  • So since the attachments were worked on does that mean that downloadable attachments are fixed? Like hack roms that some of the pokemon hacks here have?

Years
  • I remember hearing that Platinum Tier supporters' CSS usertitle editing has been broken by the incident, but it appears any form of usertitle formatting has been broken as well so Crystal Tier also has to be aware of that. Hope that it gets fixed soon so just going with unformatted usertitles until then.

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    Not sure, if it was already mentioned or not, but in terms of missing image files: that also includes the newer emblems.

80C

"This is a text filler!"
    Years
    • Seen May 13, 2022
    Oh snap... this means that a lot of rare Hack ROMs made by now nowhere-to-be-found-authors released only with an attachement in the main post are now lost forever.

Natester

Mostly a lurker
    Years
    • Age 38
    • Iowa
    • Seen Feb 17, 2017
    Unfortunately they're gone. Hopefully the original creators of those emblems still have copies around somewhere.

What happens if the original creators of those emblems don't have copies? Does this mean that replacements have to be made?

Oh snap... this means that a lot of rare Hack ROMs made by now nowhere-to-be-found-authors released only with an attachement in the main post are now lost forever.

Yep, unfortunately. Of course, you can try Google although I'm not sure if that'll help much.

Thanks for the update.

Sorry for the data purge.

Explains why my avatar and profile picture are gone.

Actually, not all of the avatars and profile pictures (before March 2015) haven't been uploaded due to the shear size of the backup. Here's why:

Attachments were the first thing we did, so those should be up now. Avatars etc. were surprisingly massive and were taking too much time so we didn't finish them. tbd (to be decided).

Last edited:

Natester

Mostly a lurker
    Years
    • Age 38
    • Iowa
    • Seen Feb 17, 2017
    I noticed that every attachment in the ROM hacking forums (including subforums) are gone. Were they not in the backups?

Last edited:

Natester

Mostly a lurker
    Years
    • Age 38
    • Iowa
    • Seen Feb 17, 2017
    There's only backups if the uploader kept them or if anyone has downloaded the original files but not tampered with them. It seems that they attempted to reupload the attachments, but it failed somehow. They all appear to be 1x1 images.

Oh, so that explains it. Looks like they have to be recoded.

Saintscrew7

Helpful little Angel
    Years
  • Wow!! No wonder I had a WORLD of a problem sogning in.. or in my accounts. Uh... I don't know how to say this... but... I trusted you guys when I first got here and I STILL do!! Don't get discourage you can handle this!! GO PC TEAM!!

ZapdosMan

The Principality
    Years
    • Seen May 15, 2016
    Well I just came on after one whole month, so highly doubt the fact that my information was misused. Well, I will change it anyway.
    Hacking a community as big as this is honestly, a good catch for hackers. Security should be strengthened.

ZapdosMan,

Back