• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Drug usage

Her

Years
    • Seen today
    I don't think I'll be trying any drugs as I just don't think they're for me and I am certainly not one to succumb to peer pressure, but I'm curious as to what you guys have tried/what you have done while on them/recommendations/etc. I'm around/friends with people who use various hallucinogenics frequently, but I'm a bit (supremely) tired of them and would like to some other perspectives. mfw i'm asking about drugs on a pokemon forum

If I were to try anything, I imagine it'd probably be like... marijuana and some kind of shrooms. Stuff that would give me an 'experience' but won't give me a collapsed nose or the like. I'm really not interested in any hard stuff.
    While I'm aware of how the levels of thc in the marijuana + your overall sensitivity to the drug affect your experience, is there an average level of thc I should aim for?

What's the safest way for a first time user to take shrooms?

For those of you who have done Harder Stuff, what have you done? What were your experiences?

Super Skitty

Up up and away~
    Years
    • Seen Mar 15, 2016
    I've always avoided it because the idea of a chemical taking my self control away from me, and potentially changing who I am afterward is terrifying. If I were going to do any substance enough to get drunk or high, it would probably be pot. It's legal where I live, and honestly not as bad for you as alcohol(which I haven't tried either). This might not be the ideal place to get info on drugs though. lol

Circuit

[cd=font-weight: bold; font-style: italic; backgro
    Years
    I've not had any contact with drugs myself, but I'm around them a lot (living in Berlin gives me frequent access) and some of my friends frequently smoke pot and the like. I've seen heroin needles laying on the streets and stuff, so I know it exists here, and where to go if I want to try and acquire some, but I doubt I will ever try anything besides marijuana, if that. I'm adverse to drugs; I sincerely dislike the idea of the effect they give, but I don't fault others who use them in a harmless way. I might one day try pot, but that would be it I should think. (I do get drunk quite often, so I doubt I'm in the green to treat drugs with the adversity I do)

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
    Years
    I've never been one to do drugs myself, but my father has lived in Colorado for the past 14-15 years and has done pot since he was 15 (happened to live where it got legalized). His girlfriend and their friends all did pot, and every so often when they'd run into a hard drug addict you'd get a passe reaction out of them, that usual marijuana elitism.

On the east coast, my aunt's boyfriend did pot and my cousin's best friend surely has as well. The former smokes everyday like my dad and the latter idk, so...

as far as specifics go my father had a toolchest that he kept all of his stuff in. There was quite the load of pot in there, and I found some on top of the spare fridge. I know nothing about what to do with any of it. Hard drugs can die.

Spiff

love child
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jun 30, 2023
    I don't think I'll be trying any drugs as I just don't think they're for me and I am certainly not one to succumb to peer pressure, but I'm curious as to what you guys have tried/what you have done while on them/recommendations/etc. I'm around/friends with people who use various hallucinogenics frequently, but I'm a bit (supremely) tired of them and would like to some other perspectives. mfw i'm asking about drugs on a pokemon forum
    hell yeah dude, having an open eye is a beautiful thing. There are a lot of things out there to experience, and honestly how can you know they're not for you if you literally haven't tried any. That's how I used to be

If I were to try anything, I imagine it'd probably be like... marijuana and some kind of shrooms. Stuff that would give me an 'experience' but won't give me a collapsed nose or the like. I'm really not interested in any hard stuff.
    ohhhh how exciting. I don't know that you'd want to start with shrooms honestly, I mean they are kinda intense. When we go out in the forest and do shrooms we sometimes tie ourselves together so we won't get separated. yeah

I'd recommend lsd, it's a very clean and pure trip if that makes sense. It's not so much a visual trip as it is a mental trip -- I always get something out of it anyhow.

They are other options like salvia or dmt. They are a lot more intense, like a lot more, but they only last a little while, like 15 minutes.

While I'm aware of how the levels of thc in the marijuana + your overall sensitivity to the drug affect your experience, is there an average level of thc I should aim for?
    haha what? I mean I'd go for a joint/blunt. You don't get a ton of thc that way and it's super smooth, so it's good for beginners. More expensive tho

What's the safest way for a first time user to take shrooms?
    Make sure you take it in a place you're familiar/comfortable in, also make sure you have nothing to do that day and possibly the next day too. and lastly be sure to be around people you trust and are comfortable with. Any bad vibes can get carried into the trip and that's no bueno

Her

Years
    • Seen today
    hell yeah dude, having an open eye is a beautiful thing. There are a lot of things out there to experience, and honestly how can you know they're not for you if you literally haven't tried any. That's how I used to be
    I simply have no interest in the slightest in taking any, plus I don't care to be around my friends when they are on stuff anyway. Open minded about them doing what they want but have no desire to partake in it myself. But I've never been one to issue out absolutes, that could very well change in time.

ohhhh how exciting. I don't know that you'd want to start with shrooms honestly, I mean they are kinda intense. When we go out in the forest and do shrooms we sometimes tie ourselves together so we won't get separated. yeah
    I definitely wouldn't start out with them, god no. I know enough to know that they're not a starting point for these sorts of things. I just think they'd be something I could handle (after previous experiences w/ drugs beforehand, obviously) that has a lower risk of aftereffects.

I'd recommend lsd, it's a very clean and pure trip if that makes sense. It's not so much a visual trip as it is a mental trip -- I always get something out of it anyhow.
    Dunno, I've always heard nightmare stories of LSD, tbh! I think I'd have to observe people first before I even considered trying it.

I'm on a rather high dosage of SSRIs and probably will be for a long time, would that effect anything?

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    Blah. I don't have any advice for shrooms. I've never tried it. I have some for marijuana since I've actually smoked a few times, but if you're more interested in shrooms, that won't help you.

SiriusAlpha

One and only
    Years
    • Seen May 28, 2015
    Marijuana lowers your IQ, so when I say that people who take marijuana are stupid I mean it in a completely literal sense. Smoking also causes lung cancer and it's not just harmful for you, it's harmful for everyone who inhales around the person smoking. So there's a mini-PSA so that you won't wreck, screw up, do anything to your life without knowing the harmful effects.

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
    Years

Anyway, +1 to LSD > shrooms. Don't take shrooms until you're used to substances pretty much hijacking your head. With LSD I feel much more in control and less scared of the unknown than I do on shrooms.

Spiff

love child
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jun 30, 2023
    Oh Harley just relax and Take Drugs.

I'm on a rather high dosage of SSRIs and probably will be for a long time, would that effect anything?
    It shouldn't but I would look into it more if I were you. I feel like that would influence say an ecstasy trip moreso.

Universe

all-consuming
    Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2016

I'm a medicinal user (year+ no break), so let's see if I can help.

Average levels of THC to aim for are really tricky, due to the sensitivity variations in you and THC variations in the actual product itself. If you are smoking to get stoned and feel relaxed, go for high THC levels and high CBD (indica strains). If you are trying to get "high" and energetic, go for high THC levels and low CBD (sativa strains). There's a sweet spot right in the middle for the hybrids, but usually you wanna be familiar with how the two strains affect you separately first. But just know that it's always better to smoke less and get higher, so definitely go for more potent stuff always. Get that smoke over with in one hit, you'll thank me later.

On that note, be weary, because although marijuana isn't seemingly painful to take, it's actually pretty wrecking (since you mentioned the collapsed nose thing). If you hit it well you are most definitely gonna cough up a lung for a minute, and spit for a while too afterwards. The coughing can even get bad enough that you might vomit, if you make the mistake of holding in too much for too long. My advice to avoid hard coughing and motion sickness is to not be encouraged by anyone telling you to take in a lot with one go-- you will literally wreck your body. Take in smaller hits and don't hold them in too long, especially when you're a beginner. If you don't hurt your body you'll hurt your head because you will trip hard, son.

Tl;dr be easy with your smoking, gauge yourself, and don't underestimate weed's power, that's all. Aim high, always aim high. Hope this helps! damn that's long sorry

Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2016
    Marijuana lowers your IQ, so when I say that people who take marijuana are stupid I mean it in a completely literal sense. Smoking also causes lung cancer and it's not just harmful for you, it's harmful for everyone who inhales around the person smoking. So there's a mini-PSA so that you won't wreck, screw up, do anything to your life without knowing the harmful effects.
    Not to get into a thing, but do you have reputable sources for the IQ thing? Because although I've seen a few studies that try to reach this conclusion (and I use that phrasing deliberately), I've seen far more that refute those studies.

Last edited:
    Years
    Basically, with most things I go through this mind set.

Want do I want in life most.
    A dream job? A family? Travel the world? Ect.

Does this [insert activity] necessarily affect that, could it, and to what extent?

Marijuana, which I have never done, isn't by any stretch of the imagination worse than alcohol, but I simply won't do it because it's a risk (for sure I loss of job, possible jail time/fine, + criminal record). Maybe a possibility if legalized.

Harder drugs, not caught = financially taxing, possible loss of productivity, restrict dating partners to other drug users (current bf would not go for it), possible health issues (given my heart condition), death, ect.

Harder drugs, getting caught = everything listed above, for sure job loss, high chance of conviction, criminal record, loss of family/friend trust, ect.

What can you get out of it? Temporarily elevated mood...until I inevitably experience any of the things above.

I am fine with doing things that are fun and have no real purpose so long as they do not ultimately impede upon my long-term happiness substantially.

Morally, if any activity impedes upon my happiness and/or family/close friends then it's something I would likely forgo. Though, I wouldn't say there is any sort of inherent moral issue regarding drugs, the harder ones, (not necessarily shrooms or marijuana) are likely to inevitable cause unhappiness. Whereas, with regard to legal reasons, shrooms and marijuana use could have some negative implications upon happiness. That said, this is coming from a "square's" perspective.

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    I'm too lazy to read all these comments so sorry if I repeat everything said

Basically I would start with weed. Yeah different strands make you feel different, but honestly I've tried a lot and nothing is that crazy different. From my experience some just make you extra giggly, some make you think, some make you tired, some make you hungry as fuck, or a combo of those things.

I would smoke with a pipe or a joint first. A blunt would be too much for your first time and a bong would be overkill, same as a bubbler. Being you first time I would take one or two hits (bring a beverage lol) and just relax after and wait. Don't keep hitting it because you don't feel high yet.

I like to get high and then go out and do something. I love high shopping, but you may be too paranoid or nervous to do that your first time. I would suggest going to a nature filled area and enjoy it. I love to go to this really woodsy park and just walk around and enjoy nature. You may prefer that than just sitting somewhere, but it's up to you to experiment and see what you like doing best!

Ice1

[img]http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-xy/icon/712.pn
    Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2023

It does, but you have to smoke a looooot of Marijuana to lose those precious IQ's.

As someone who has smoked, weed is okay-ish. I didn't really like it, didn't hate it. It felt a bit funny inhaling, and then it just made me tired, and I decided to not use again after my third time, because that magical grass did fuck all for me. That said, there is nothing wrong with casual use of drugs like Marijuana. Every research paper I have seen that talks about the bad effects of the drug states it's only in extensive use. The only papers I've found that argue that Marijuana is actually harmful are anti-drug sites, that don't cite their sources.
    I don't care if people use drugs, as long as it doesn't become the main part of their personality.

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
    Years
    I'm going to go out on a limb here and state that I'm seriously anti-substance. Use, or abuse, I don't care.

I've seen potheads, functional and not, and I've seen alcoholics, functional and not. I've met hard drug users, and they're not anything worth raising a brow at. I think substance use is for the inferior-minded, the less-capable, and I see it as a lazy and dangerous way of attaining happiness and satisfaction.

My father's a functional pothead and is off the deep-end in denial over some of the properties of marijuana. He's smoked since he was 15 and hasn't stopped since. I have an aunt who is a dysfunctional alcoholic, and I had a roommate who was functional. These people were not fun to live with, and only with the functional alcoholic was it not because of her addiction (abusive daughter).

To be honest I see little merit and little purpose to drugs. It's a way a simpleton can understand getting high when there are much more intricate and rewarding ways to get high without substances. I've tried to make my life revolve around positivity, that's what makes me high - I put a lot of work into ensuring negative things don't affect/consume me instead of drowning them out with a plant or powder. And I'd never lose my health or career over doing something like that.

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    Addiction doesn't discriminate. Anyone can become an addict, and it doesn't take a slow or foolish mind for it to happen.

Harley Quinn, if you do decide to start smoking pot or trying other drugs, just do so safely. Have fun, put on some nice music, and pack some snacks. Treat it more like a notch in your belt rather than a life changing experience.

Years

Just logging on to say that I'd advise against mixing drugs with medication. SSRIs act by increasing the concentration of serotonin in the synapse. Psilocybin is metabolized into a serotonin receptor agonist meaning that it will enhance the activity of serotonin receptors just as your SSRIs are meant to do (although not in the same way). Maybe you could confirm by further research, but it would occur to me, at a first approximation, that shrooms could interfere with the activity of your medication.

It shouldn't but I would look into it more if I were you. I feel like that would influence say an ecstasy trip moreso.

If you're going to make such a claim, it'd be best to back it up with some kind of explanation. In the absence of confirmation and the presence of higher than average risk (considering that you already have a high dosage of SSRIs affecting your serotonin pathways), I advise caution. This is definitely not professional advice, but a simple search on wikipedia would confirm what I'm saying here.

Back