• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Graphics: DS-style Gen VII and Beyond Pokémon Sprite Repository in 64x64

leparagon

speed and quality
Years
Unfortunately none... I once opened a thread before for non-Pokémon entities like PokéStar Studios and Dark Rust, but now closed... Either someone has to make another thread for those entities or request to take over that thread...

maybe when we finish the sprites here i can take over that thread. i already made a sprite of dark rust and shadow mewtwo before anyway

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Mar 15, 2024
Not sure if this was mentioned before, but there's somebody who already resized and indexed all icons for the new pokemon minus the DLC.

https://www.deviantart.com/larryturbo/art/Gen-8-Galar-Menu-Box-Sprites-32x32-16-WIP-819999589

This might help, considering all that's left is animating the icons which takes 5-10 for each.

Obviously some do not look that good, and I know you decided to use another set, but we can take the better icon from each, for example I find the Sirfetched in this better.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Sep 12, 2021
There is a way to make Female forms in Shiny? None of Pokemon with female forms have shiny. I really need it and it would be very helpful.

YungZera

Pokémon player, Nexomon Tamer on the side
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Feb 21, 2021
Not sure if this was mentioned before, but there's somebody who already resized and indexed all icons for the new pokemon minus the DLC.

(I had to take out this link to post this)

This might help, considering all that's left is animating the icons which takes 5-10 for each.

Obviously some do not look that good, and I know you decided to use another set, but we can take the better icon from each, for example I find the Sirfetched in this better.

Only issue with this is the fact that It's not in the form of usable icon tables meaning the icons will be static.
But yeah It's a good shout for temporary use until someone FINALLY makes animated icons for the Gen 8 mons
To be fair since there's only been a decent number of Gen 8 sprites since 6 days ago I wouldn't stress, I don't think people will finish spriting Gen 8 until next year.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Mar 15, 2024
Actually I am animating them for my own hack.
I just figured that maybe I should share it here but I don't agree with the dicession to only use the smogon icon sheet, becuse some of the sprites are not the correct size, and some don't match pre existing icons.

here's an example:

The first G-Datmantian is from the smogon sheet, and the second one is using the sheet I posted earlier with some edits, along with 2 Darmantian icons for comparison, all are animated btw.

you can see the first one, even if it looks better, isn't the same style, as it's much bigger and doesn't match the regular form of darmantian.

this is the case with some other icons as well, so I am hoping the thread admins would reconsider this decisson, this way our goals would align and I would be able to post the icons I already animated.

thedarkdragon11

New World Pirate
Years
There is a way to make Female forms in Shiny? None of Pokemon with female forms have shiny. I really need it and it would be very helpful.

Nice to know there's someone who uses the Partner Pikachu and Partner Eevee sprites... Anyway, shiny palettes are automatically swapped once imported to the ROM...

I just figured that maybe I should share it here but I don't agree with the dicession to only use the smogon icon sheet, becuse some of the sprites are not the correct size, and some don't match pre existing icons.

here's an example:

The first G-Datmantian is from the smogon sheet, and the second one is using the sheet I posted earlier with some edits, along with 2 Darmantian icons for comparison, all are animated btw.

you can see the first one, even if it looks better, isn't the same style, as it's much bigger and doesn't match the regular form of darmantian.

this is the case with some other icons as well, so I am hoping the thread admins would reconsider this decisson, this way our goals would align and I would be able to post the icons I already animated.

Thanks for the insight... That's a valid concern indeed... The Smogon icons will be used, yes, but as a base (not everything fits 32x32 or pose looks good for the size)... Expect some modifications, even with those which fits the frame limit... We'll also make sure that icons look relative with the existing Gen. 6 style icons...

leparagon

speed and quality
Years

i never said to exclusively use only the smogon icons. to clarify, stick to smogon icons as much as possible but only if it's applicable. for regional variants, i want them to be edited versions of the regular icons but only if it's applicable

leparagon

speed and quality
Years
Don't the female forms have a shiny form?

to clarify what darkdragon said, let's take a look at this venusaur sprite from ChaosRush's gba sprite project
fw3N3GP.png

this format of sprite is the more common one for hacking tools/programs. the first row shows male venusaur. its palette is stored as "colour data". since the female venusaur on the 2nd row uses the exact same colours as the male, and there are no new or additional colours being introduced in the female venusaur, then it recycles the "colour data" from the male sprite. so there's no need to sprite the shiny female venusaur since the hack tool is gonna do it automatically. did you not test out the sprites before? what hack tool are you using exactly?

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Sep 12, 2021
to clarify what darkdragon said, let's take a look at this venusaur sprite from ChaosRush's gba sprite project
fw3N3GP.png

this format of sprite is the more common one for hacking tools/programs. the first row shows male venusaur. its palette is stored as "colour data". since the female venusaur on the 2nd row uses the exact same colours as the male, and there are no new or additional colours being introduced in the female venusaur, then it recycles the "colour data" from the male sprite. so there's no need to sprite the shiny female venusaur since the hack tool is gonna do it automatically. did you not test out the sprites before? what hack tool are you using exactly?

Thank you very much for clarifying this question I had about this.

I'm currently working with RPG Maker XP since it's the most used among the creators of fangames in Spanish (we don't make hackroms at all), and in that program you must place sprite by sprite of each Pokémon, meaning that you have to remove the background so that they are in PNG format so that later it can be viewed in the fangame.

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User
Years
Hi, I wanted to bring up a small observation I had very quickly.
Tsareena's sprite seems to make use of more than 16 colors. I'm not sure if it's a problem with Imgur or if it's the sprite though.
That, and the hair color used for the shiny palette looks noticeably different than the hair color for the shiny palette of Tsareena in games like USUM and SwSh. Or maybe it's just the shade of it, but still, there's a clear difference where the sprite on the main post of this thread has one color or shade, where as the official games utilize a visibly different one.

And that's pretty much it. Keep up the good work guys!

thedarkdragon11

New World Pirate
Years
Tsareena's sprite seems to make use of more than 16 colors. I'm not sure if it's a problem with Imgur or if it's the sprite though.
That, and the hair color used for the shiny palette looks noticeably different than the hair color for the shiny palette of Tsareena in games like USUM and SwSh. Or maybe it's just the shade of it, but still, there's a clear difference where the sprite on the main post of this thread has one color or shade, where as the official games utilize a visibly different one.

And that's pretty much it. Keep up the good work guys!

Thank you for the heads up! We'll look into that alongside a few updated shinies in Gen. 7 after dealing with Gen. 8...

leparagon

speed and quality
Years
That, and the hair color used for the shiny palette looks noticeably different

during gen6 and gen7, the lighting was different so the colours we see on the game-models are inaccurate. so i usually increased saturation by an arbitrary amount to match the DS style. now that gen8 and pokemon home are released, the models and renders are more accurate so i use them for palette ideas now. i changed the palette to be more accurate and it's included below

as for the colour count, as far as i know, imgur doesnt affect it. and when i checked my files, they were exactly 16 colours. either way i updated them

gen7 corrections:
Spoiler:

gen8 updates including some crown tundra leaks:
Spoiler:

i'll try to upload more stuff asap

Last edited:

leparagon

speed and quality
Years
Thank you very much for clarifying this question I had about this.

I'm currently working with RPG Maker XP since it's the most used among the creators of fangames in Spanish (we don't make hackroms at all), and in that program you must place sprite by sprite of each Pokémon, meaning that you have to remove the background so that they are in PNG format so that later it can be viewed in the fangame.

thats a bit odd. usually when people use rpgmaker for pokemon games, they usually use 80x80 (gen4) sprites or 96x96 (gen5) sprites. i think youre the first one ive seen to use 64x64 (gen3) for it. are you sure about using gen3-sized sprites for your rpgmaker game?

Back