• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Dynamic Emerald Attack Rombase

Status
Not open for further replies.

LCCoolJ95

Limited Capacity
Years
  • In the file where you have to change the indexes for Pokemon like Aegislash and Arceus, Giratina does not have an index number to replace. For Giratina Origin, it exists. But Giratina Altered, does not.

Also, I'll test this with an expanded Pokédex to see if some things need work.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 12, 2021
    Just add a define "GiratinaIndex", I forgit it at the time
    Also, when you test with pokedex expansion, make sure the free ram I used and the ram used by the dex don't overwrite each other otherwise weird things will happen

pokefreak890

The One that will make everything great
    Years
    • Seen May 18, 2023
    I think that fire red port is called MRDS decap and attack rombase or my patch since it has most of this stuff and I'm trying to add most of if possible

LCCoolJ95

Limited Capacity
    Years
  • Uh...where did the movesets go? Actually, where did everything go? Abilities, moves are gone. When I select a starter, the game resets. I put the data at 1FCFFFF, since x30000 bytes is needed.

Trainer 781

Base on the features, This is quiet amazing dude... Good luck on this rom base dude...
    Thanks! I do need a lot.

I can see that you've corrected it:) Will a firered port be available after finishing the project?
    It depends how things go in future.

Uh...where did the movesets go? Actually, where did everything go? Abilities, moves are gone. When I select a starter, the game resets. I put the data at 1FCFFFF, since x30000 bytes is needed.
    In third point of notes. I have stated that use an offset less than or equal to xFD0000 for time being. Also, I forgot to mention one thing. The offset must end with a 0,4,8 or C.

LCCoolJ95

Limited Capacity
    Years
  • So I put this file at FD0000, and I load the game, and THIS happens:

Not only that, but look at this:
    6a111e8a1da5d7216e67b11eb46a865a_1024.png

The left is the original game before the patch, and right is after, and apparently the game is pointing to this game. Also abilities apparently have no pointers. I did everything right, but the game refuses to work. God, it would of been so much simpler if this was just a simple IPS or UPS patch like Mr. DollSteak's ROM base for Fire Red instead of doing it this way. Not only that, but this patch doesn't like expanded ROM space? Really? That would of been the smart thing since other programs utilize space at or below FFFFFF. I'm just going to stop dealing with this until there's a better patch for this that uses the same location I used, FD0000.

Years
  • So I put this file at FD0000, and I load the game, and THIS happens:

Not only that, but look at this:
    6a111e8a1da5d7216e67b11eb46a865a_1024.png

The left is the original game before the patch, and right is after, and apparently the game is pointing to this game. Also abilities apparently have no pointers. I did everything right, but the game refuses to work. God, it would of been so much simpler if this was just a simple IPS or UPS patch like Mr. DollSteak's ROM base for Fire Red instead of doing it this way. Not only that, but this patch doesn't like expanded ROM space? Really? That would of been the smart thing since other programs utilize space at or below FFFFFF. I'm just going to stop dealing with this until there's a better patch for this that uses the same location I used, FD0000.
    Looks like you just need to replace the FFs at every 4th byte with an 08...

Trainer 781

Which patcher are you using? I just patched it with the same offset and it was working correctly.
    And the jirachi guy also got it to work. Also, I didn't see the change in bytes you showed when I patched this base.

As for the problem following with the procedure. A patcher is not the correct way to handle this base. I have already stated that I'm going to make an automated installer for this base to support files beyond the 16 MB limit. Though I will make an additional patch available for time being for testing.

Years
    • Seen Nov 12, 2021
    Yeah an automated installer might be better, but in the meantime you can either use the japanese patcher I provided in the link I gave you few month ago or use lips cutting the rom and the patch into two part (I wouldn't advise the second solution though)

LCCoolJ95

Limited Capacity
    Years
  • Well, it works now, I think. Good. But, Mega Evolution doesn't work. I am using G3T. I press Start to activate it, right? And I use FC for Mega Wish, FD for Primal, and FE for Mega Item?

Trainer 781

Well, it works now, I think. Good. But, Mega Evolution doesn't work. I am using G3T. I press Start to activate it, right? And I use FC for Mega Wish, FD for Primal, and FE for Mega Item?

I'll look into it.

Tailwind was seen working properly. But when I used Tailwind, the figure at 0x0203E34A is 04. If I fled the battle, the figure is also 04. If I wined in the battle, it is 03. Then the move turns would be continued in the new battle until it is really ended.

Yeah, that is the reason. For some reason that routine responsible for clearing these things is not working. I'll try to fix it ASAP.

Years
  • Yeah, that is the reason. For some reason that routine responsible for clearing these things is not working. I'll try to fix it ASAP.

I'm very sorry, it is actually my own mistakes and there is no any problem in the clear ram end battle routine. Because I was only moved directly the data of Tailwind effect and end turn stuff of Tailwind into my hack rom and I have had missed out the clear ram end battle routine.

Last edited:

Trainer 781

Well, it works now, I think. Good. But, Mega Evolution doesn't work. I am using G3T. I press Start to activate it, right? And I use FC for Mega Wish, FD for Primal, and FE for Mega Item?

I can confirm it works.
    At the end of, the "pokemon.ini" file of the Customization folder in G3T insert:
    Code:
    FC=Mega Evolution Wish
    FD=Primal Reversion
    FE=Mega Evolution

If that doesn't work. Then try editing evolution in a Hex Editor.

Years
  • This project is fantastic, now wait for any people add with this all pokemon , 4 - 6 gen.
    You could not only with the ASM add slots for adding these new Pokemon with empty slots?

Years
    • Seen Nov 12, 2021
    This project is fantastic, now wait for any people add with this all pokemon , 4 - 6 gen.
    You could not only with the ASM add slots for adding these new Pokemon with empty slots?

It was a part of the plan, and it also is in the planned features. It just takes a huge amount of work to code this in asm and/or C.
    I'm sure it'll be done in the future, but it might take a while.

Years
  • Exellent news, and it will be almost a version of the newest games to the GBA style. Once you're done, I recommend doing two versions, one with only slots to add new Pokemon (containing only up to 3 gen without modifying them), for people who want just as I add and use the maximum possible slot. And another with all Pokémon up to 7 gen (I think until the end of the year this project has finished and already can use the Pokemon of the new gen) and leave with the maximum capacity of pokedex.
    I know that to make a base of this magnitude would be needed too much space, how to leave the largest possible space to actually a rom hack?
    I would like to expand over 32MB?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back