• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

elheroeoscuro reporting for duty!

Status
Not open for further replies.

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
    Years
    Yo!

Spoiler:

If anyone doesn't know me my name's Matt. Above is a picture of me, guy on the right. I joined in 2009 and just recently got back into Pokemon with the release of X and Y. I used to be really active in the Trade Center and had one of the biggest threads there for a time, but I'm happily glad to say that I'm finally branching out into the other forums and to be honest disappointed that I didn't do so earlier.

Love music, football, women, and adrenaline rushes. Just recently got into a lot of great anime like Space Dandy and Noragami. Currently in college and was studying to become a Registered Nurse until I changed earlier this spring. Most likely now will duel major in Human Services and International Affairs and hopefully one day go into the Peace Corps. Also really into video games (pff who isn't), and my systems include Xbox 360, PS3, PS2, Wii, N64, SNES, Nintendo 3DS/SP, Game Boy, and Sega Genesis!

As stated before I'm a huge music buff. Arctic Monkeys, The Black Keys, The Colourist, Walk the Moon, Panic! at the Disco, Phoenix, John Legend, Mat Kearney, The 1975, Passenger, and Childish Gambino are only some of the bands that I listen to. If you want any good suggestions on what to listen to, I'm your man!

I've also got a blog here on PC called the Daily Bloggity! It's really a consistently nonsensical blog where I write about whatever's on my mind during the day. Things you can find in there include my art, interviews and podcasts with fellow members of the community, great new music, reviews, and a wide slew of other topics that are posted everyday at 5PM Eastern Time! So, if you're looking for a good read, I suggest you check that out!

I'll treat this like an AMA. I'm not afraid to answer any kind of question you may have for me, no matter how odd - it doesn't even have to relate to anything I posted above! No secrets from me! (:

Last edited:

El Héroe Oscuro

Years
    Oh hey, people actually responded haha :3

Are you at work/school atm? How's that working out for you?

Describe yourself: five words.
    I'm currently in school - a sophomore at Northeastern University - but I am currently in a leave of absence. In January I decided that Nursing just wasn't for me, and because it was too late to switch into any other classes I decided instead of spending a wasted $50K (-_-) that I just take the time off to decide what kind of major I did want to go into. Now, I'm finalizing the process in which I'll be declared as a Human Services major. Same thought process in which I can dedicate my life helping others, but I don't have to be in a hospital (:

Because I am at home, I have two jobs: one is at a Dunkin Donuts, and the other is at a local movie drive-in. Dunkin Donuts just sucks cause the customers treat you like crap (I'm staying with it because of the hours), but working at a movie drive-in is awesome. I love getting out early and just climbing onto the roof of the concession stand in which I work in with a radio and just watch the movie from up there. It's a cool gig cause I get to see free movies whenever I want, and also helps me when I need to take a special someone on a date :3

Helpful, optimistic, gullible, hard-working (I'll just count those as 2.) I always try to put my all into what I do, but sometime's it's enough as I feel I might have been a little mentally impaired by a few concussions I suffered my senior year of high school. It's not too bad, but sometimes it hurts to think (yeah, I know, that's bad). But hey, I try.

What made you decide to become a nurse? My older sister has been a nurse for a few years and she loves helping people, but she clearly doesn't have the patience for it XD
    Haha I don't blame her, it's a long path to follow before actually becoming a Nurse xD This may seem like a long-winded explanation but it's justified:

I was born prematurely - about a month and a half to be precise - and without today's technology I probably wouldn't be here today. I had a lot of lung issues at the time. Thanks to the people who nurtured and took their time to bring me back to health, I was able to recover. However, not everything was perfect. I had a lot of hearing problems growing up, as every time someone would speak it would sound like they were talking to me underwater. Because of that, I was a very quiet kid as I didn't really have no one to talk to, and as a result I ended up going through the "star program" my first years in school, which essentially is the special-needs program. However, like the people before, the teachers and faculty there helped me overcome my problem and helped me become more outgoing and put me on pace with all the other kids. So essentially, the reason why I chose a career like Nursing was because I wanted to dedicate my life helping others the way others have helped me; I wanted to do something where I could give people the chances and opportunities to better themselves and make something of their lives as I was blessed with. This is where part 2 comes in:

My grandfather was an Army medic during World War II, and was actually there on the beaches of Normandy on D-day. He's a huge inspiration to me, as I take a lot of my quirks from him, and for that reason I actually have a dog tag of his that I wear around my neck every day. I wanted to be like him, and although I didn't have the tenacity or bravery that my grandfather had in joining the Army, I decided to follow a similar path by fighting on the home lines in the hospitals as a Registered Nurse. Although I'm not currently a Nurse anymore, I still feel like I'm following his mission of helping others - just in a different major.

Sorry for the long post, but just speaking the truth. Also, here's a picture of me with him that I absolutely adore haha ;D
    Spoiler:

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
    Years
    Oh my ♥♥♥♥ing god that is so goddamn cute. It truly is an excellent picture, yes. :'D

What do you look for when you watch anime? Is it the ability to make you laugh? Is it the action? The emotioally dramatic moments? Essentially asking what you like about anime. Oh, and you do not have marathoning 200+ episode series, do you? :p

Anyway, moar questions - is it not slightly disheartening to sometimes see your daily bloggity not receive comments? I love your blogs, mate, and I think they deserve much more attention than any single one of my entry or heck even 95% of all entries here of any user here have. They're so well written and so much effort is put into them that it is clearly visible.

Also, tips for a newbie when it comes to the opposite sex?

edit: another question, do you listen to j-pop? That is, download openings/endings from anime and listen to them? I personally find them very catchy even if I can't understand whatever the hell is being spokenn. In fact, I have stopped listening to english/hindi songs altogether lol

Last edited:

El Héroe Oscuro

Years
    What do you look for when you watch anime? Is it the ability to make you laugh? Is it the action? The emotioally dramatic moments? Essentially asking what you like about anime. Oh, and you do not have marathoning 200+ episode series, do you? :p
    Hmm, that's a really good question. I can't really say that there's one specific thing that I look for, as there are so many diverse anime shows out there. I love animes that have comedic value to them like Noragami, Kill la Kill, Bleach (so far), Accel World, Space Dandy etc. and aren't completely serious with themselves. I guess to answer your question I like shows where I can make an emotional connection with the characters, as that's evident of great character design and narration. That's why I loved Sword Art Online so much because you got to know the characters so well, and the relationship between Kirito and Asuna was really played out well. I really wish that anime wasn't budgeted because they could have made a really long run with it.

And concerning the marathoning, I mean I've watched shows that have 200+ episodes. Naruto Shippuden, Dragon Ball, and Pokemon have all been series that I've watched that have episodes reaching that number. The key is moderation; I have a rules that I only watch 5 episodes a day to keep myself from blinding myself by my computer screen. xD

Anyway, moar questions - is it not slightly disheartening to sometimes see your daily bloggity not receive comments? I love your blogs, mate, and I think they deserve much more attention than any single one of my entry or heck even 95% of all entries here of any user here have. They're so well written and so much effort is put into them that it is clearly visible.
    I was curious to see if someone would bring up my blog at some point :3 Yeah, it's a little disheartening to me when people don't comment on it; even more disheartening when someone posts like 10 minutes right after my blog because then most people probably won't see it.But I mean, publicity wasn't really the most important reason why I decided to make the blog. I've always wanted to get into writing, so this is my way in dabbling in it. It also helps me learn a hell of a lot of new stuff that I never would have known (come on, that time travel article? I didn't just pull that out of thin air xD). So I mean - would I love to see more people interacting with my blog? Yes, I think anyone would attest to that. However, as long as one person is reading my blog, than I'll continue making entries for it (:

A little bit of free publicity also doesn't hurt haha

Also, tips for a newbie when it comes to the opposite sex?
    To be honest, just be yourself man. There's definitely a person out there for you, whether you've met them yet or not; and that goes for everyone who's reading this. Don't force yourself to be something you're not as you're going to hate yourself afterwards for doing it. For me, I just stick to three principles: be courteous, have a good sense of humor, and just go with the flow. There's no reason to fret over finding someone, there's plenty of time. The best advice someone had for me is don't go looking for the right person, as the right person will come to you. And that's what happened to me. While we are currently not in a relationship at this moment, I met someone inadvertently at a party one time and we hit it off.

As long as you have a layed back attitude about it and don't worry about what other people think of you, you'll be impressing a lot of people. And that comes from personal experience.

another question, do you listen to j-pop? That is, download openings/endings from anime and listen to them? I personally find them very catchy even if I can't understand whatever the hell is being spokenn. In fact, I have stopped listening to english/hindi songs altogether lol
    Just saw this question, and heck yeah man. Whenever I finish an anime or a video game that I like, I always download the soundtrack to that medium. When it comes to that kind of music, I don't really care what they're saying but rather that the beat is intense. I also figured out a way to organize all of my anime/video game music separate from my normal music on iTunes so all of the normal artists don't become jumbled with the Japanese composers. It's my way of keeping this a little secret haha (;

Last edited:

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
    Years
    Lol I personally didn't like SAO that much. Oh, and it was just planned to be a seasonal show. There are those like One Piece, Naruto, Detective Conan etc that are shows which will run as long as there's a manga. They don't generally take breaks. SAO was massively popular so I don't think money is an issue here ahaha. It was just planned to be seasonal. And season two of SAO comes this year, you heard?

And, well, keep at it man. That's a great way to keep yourself motivated - improes writing and helps you come across new info. Nice. And people will eventually comment on all of em. Just keep at it.

@jpop/VG music - ahaha, I see. So you do listen to them, after all! Would you mind if I send you some jap songs and ask what you thought of them lol?

Advise on opposite sex noted.

Anywho, you into games too. What's your all time fave and why? Oh, and is there any character in anime or video games you found yourself relating a lot to?

El Héroe Oscuro

Years
    @jpop/VG music - ahaha, I see. So you do listen to them, after all! Would you mind if I send you some jap songs and ask what you thought of them lol?

Go right for it man, I'm always open to new music (:
    Anywho, you into games too. What's your all time fave and why? Oh, and is there any character in anime or video games you found yourself relating a lot to?
    I've got a tie for favorite :P The first Bioshock game is definitely up there as one of my favorites. I absolutely love the environment of Rapture, and the "would you kindly" plot twist totally threw me for a loop; I couldn't believe what had just happened. Plus the weapons and upgrade system is amazing (loved using the powered up magnum), fighting the Big Daddy's is always a blast, choosing whether to save or harvest the Little Sisters for more Adam was always diffcult, and the Plasmids you use I think was such a unique and intricate way to introduce a new combat system into a game. My only disappointment with the game was the final boss as it was way too easy, but that's only a minor detail.

The other game would probably be Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker. I know a lot of people have issues with the game, but for me it's been the game that I've always had the most playback value. The cartoon version of Link was such a fresh character design when it came out, and I loved all of the new items they had added (aka. the Grappling Hook and the Skull Hammer). Traveling the high seas was a blast, and I loved all of the unique islands that were just waiting to be discovered and plundered. Dungeons were super cool to go through (especially the Earth Temple), and the final battle vs Ganon is absolutely epic. I mean come on, what's more badass then this moment from the game?

Spoiler:

El Héroe Oscuro

Years
    Since we were told we are able to bump our threads, just doing so in case anyone has anything they may want to ask me! And feel free to do so, as I'm an open book and I'm not afraid to answer even the strangest of questions!

El Héroe Oscuro

Years
    hihi

so what made you decide to focus on PC's community in some of your blogs?

Good question! I learned pretty early on that my blog was becoming a pretty popular attraction on PC -self centered much am I right? - so I realized that I had an opportunity to do something really special with it. There were a lot of avenues that I could have taken the blog, but then I realized that the greatest accomplishment that it could have is connect the community into one entity. I felt like there were a lot of accomplishments and stories that were untold by bountiful numbers of our community that were just screaming to be told, and that my blog could become that key that would unlock this blockage. I wanted to foster new relationships that otherwise probably wouldn't have been made - bridge the gap between higher staff and regular members so a feeling of comfort could be fostered between one another.

That's why I'm really excited about the podcast series that I just started. It allows regular members and staff members to communicate on similar topics in a judgement free zone and find interests with one another that we might otherwise not find in a forum on PC. I want regular members to know that it's perfectly alright to talk to staff members and that a colored title should not make them feel intimidated by them in any shape or form. Don't get me wrong, the staff do an excellent job with communicating with lower tiers of members. I'm just trying to help a little bit. Furthermore, PokeCommunity is a humongous community; there are so many unique individuals that it's impossible to meet every single person on there. I want my blog to become a tool that bridges this gap between one another, and in turn continue to make PokeCommunity a place where people want to continually come back to so they can build on their relationships and friendships that they've made with other members here.

El Héroe Oscuro

Years
    Dude. Why do you look so cool?

No, but seriously, what kind of games do you like?

It's just the beard, trust me (;

I like all games! I wouldn't really say that I have a particular favorite genre of games. I can say though that I have a preference for third person shooters/hack n' slash games like Vanquish, Dead Space, Tomb Raider, and Dark Souls. I've also recently been gravitating into a bunch of RPG games which I'm really liking, especially Bravely Default! I like it when games like BD give you the option on how to customize your battle's skills/class so you can play the game how you want to play it; the game isn't set on such a linear path in how it needs to be played out, I suppose.

Also just any game with a kickass OST. That's one of the main things I look for in a game ~

Years
    What do you think is the best thing you've featured or written about in the Daily Bloggity?

And on a more musical note, what do you think is the coolest-looking album cover artwork of all time and why?

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    maaaaaattttttttt

What's the worst game you've ever played?

Have you ever listened to Kings of Leon?

What kind of scrubs do you think you'll get when you become a nurse?

If you could dye your hair any unnatural color, what would you dye it to?

El Héroe Oscuro

Years
    What do you think is the best thing you've featured or written about in the Daily Bloggity?

The best thing that I've featured in the Daily Bloggity would probably have to be the Meet the PC'ers portion of the blog. Before the first Meet the PC'ers came out, I think it is safe to say that my blog wasn't exactly the most popular one out there. I would have maybe 20 visitors per blog entry and maybe 1 to 2 comments every three that were published. However, when I first published that first entry, I think that was when the activity for the blog started to become a tad more mainstream. Viewership and comment activity drastically went up and I honestly have that to thank for that. Not saying that I'm not proud of a lot of other things that I've published, but I definitely have that to thank for the current success of the blog.

What was the best thing I've written though? Personally, I just love going back to my first blog entry, which you find right here. I like to go back to that entry from time to time because I like to see how much my writing and presentation has improved since then, as it's essentially a feat in progress that I like to evaluate myself on. Since then my styling has improved as well, which is probably one of the most proud things I am about - learning how to CSS properly. And I don't see that stopping anytime soon as well; as I continue to learn more and more how to utilize CSS to it's potential, you'll see a trickle effect as it's applied to the blog.

I guess I didn't really answer that part of the question. However, I will say that the entry that I had most fun writing was this one, the time travel entry. I had come up with this principle of an idea but didn't have any clue as to how it may be done - or even if it was possible in that manner - so I found a lot of enjoyment in researching the matter.

Hikamaru said:
    And on a more musical note, what do you think is the coolest-looking album cover artwork of all time and why?

Hm, that's a tough question. To be perfectly honest, I wouldn't say I've actually given this much thought. As I actually buy physical CD's instead of digital ones - and considering I own over 100 CDs at this point - you would think that I would have taken the time to evaluate them more. However, by briefly skimming through my collection, I would have to say I really dig Eminem's Marshall Mather's LP 1 + 2, as both albums feature his house where he was working in Detroit as a cook - 19946 Dresden Street - which essentially a feature a pretty startling turn of events of how so much can change in just a short amount of time. Here are the two album covers by the way:
    Spoiler:

What's the worst game you've ever played?
    Another pretty tough question. I don't think there have really been any games that I've actually hated, but I have been quite disappointed by a lot recently. Probably one of the biggest disappointment's was Luigi's Dark Mansion for the 3DS. I was such a huge fan of the first game for the Gamecube, as it was my first game for the system and I remember it scaring the living daylight out of me. Nintendo had given the ghosts in that game a lot of personality in it, as each "boss" ghost was a different member of this giant ghost family, so each was specially designed in it's own unique ways. In the 3DS game though, Nintendo reverted to a bunch of generic ghosts that don't really have that much swag like the old game had. I only played about half way through it, but the bosses in it just downright suck: for instance - if you haven't played it before - you fight a possessed staircase as one of the area's main bosses. Like...really Nintendo? (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Jak said:
    Have you ever listened to Kings of Leon?
    I have! And actually, I've seen them live in concert! (: I believe I saw them in...'09 maybe? I honestly can't remember, but they are amazing live! My favorite songs by them are "Sex On Fire," "Use Somebody," "Back Down South," and "Closer." I haven't had much of a chance to listen to their album Mechanical Bull - or rather I just haven't really cared that much to listen to it - but I'll get to it eventually.

Jak said:
    What kind of scrubs do you think you'll get when you become a nurse?
    Sadly, I'm actually not pursuing a career in Nursing anymore. I opted out of it earlier this semester due to myself feeling unfit to being able to fit the role as a professional nurse, so I ended up taking the semester off to decide on what I wanted to do (which is now Human Services after much thought and consideration.) However, I do have my own pairs of scrubs - light and dark blue - which I wear to bed from time to time as they are super comfortable, and I actually almost bought this for my stethoscope; I really wanted to work with kids so this was and is a must have if you are going to work with them (;

Jak said:
    If you could dye your hair any unnatural color, what would you dye it to?
    Oh lord haha. Probably blue. Although I will say, I don't think any color other than black would really work for me, as my hair is so long at this point because I'm growing it out for Locks of Love. However, when shortened, I could probably rock a blue haircut (*cough* never going to happen though *cough*)

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
    Years
    Will you ever do an interview with me?

Do you think you are charismatic when it comes to the ladies?

Aside from PC Blogs, which part of the forums are you active in?

El Héroe Oscuro

Years
    Will you ever do an interview with me?
    Mhmm! I wan to interview everyone on this site! I go week by week though when it comes to who to interview next, and I like to mix it up so the formula of who is going to be next isn't so consistent (i.e. I won't have two moderators in a row.) Will I eventually get to you? Of course! But the key word here is "eventually," as there are a lot of people who I want to interview.

Avant Garde said:
    Do you think you are charismatic when it comes to the ladies?
    Honestly? No. I've become very promiscuous as of late and as a result have become very desensitized when it comes to withstanding a relationship with a lady. I'm trying to change my outlook but that seems to be the dominating theme when it comes to women, where I'm thinking more of the sexual implications than the long-term relationship point. And I hate myself that I view them in that sense. It's not that I can't get myself a relationship - I'm perfectly fine socially with the ladies and have never had an issue knowing how to flirt with them - but rather I'm choosing not too get one, because I know that in the end I'll most likely hurt them emotionally in an unintended way. Furthermore, my heart is still broken from a girl I truly loved, and that happened three years ago. I honestly don't know if I'll ever get over her, but I feel like I might be so sexually active as of late because I'm trying to fill that void she's left. Either way to sum up, no, I'm not very charismatic when it comes to having relationships with women at this point because my heart is still fixated on a certain individual.

Avant Garde said:
    Aside from PC Blogs, which part of the forums are you active in?
    The three parts of PC I usually hang out in are the Video Games section, the Fan Clubs section, and the Chit Chat Cafe. I've also recently gotten into Forum Games just because of the laid back atmosphere there, but I'm not exactly happy about the direction that the CCC is going in. Too much spam now in my opinion (which I know totally contradicts the idea that they want more spam.)

El Héroe Oscuro

Years
    How many women have you dated/slept with?
    Welp, that's extremely personable haha. But I did say at the beginning of this AMA that I wouldn't hold back on any question. Thinking back, I believe I have dated 6 people and have slept with 8 different people - 2 of which I have dated. I'm very open when it comes to my sexuality so things like "friends with benefits" doesn't urk me in the slightest. Sex used to be something that I viewed in a holy limelight - as I was a good Christian boy back in the day and believed that two people should only have sex once they are married - but now I've dropped those ideals and look at it more as a healthy, sexually stimulating experience for one another that should be done more often (with protection and a level head of course.) However like I said in my previous post, I walk a careful line in that regards because I don't want to be hurting anyone in the end; for friends with benefits to actually happen - which it has on numerous occasions - then we must both be on the same page that nothing will come of it.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back