• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emblem master-list / request thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

tabor62

[b][color=#CADB5A]W[/color][color=#C8DA4F]h[/color
Years
Not all emblems are on the Master list, a large majority of them are "hidden" in a sense, though you can probably just find them by looking through people's profiles. However, why you got it is pretty variable. Emblems aren't always given for the same reason, different staff have different criteria for some emblems.

Years
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
I just got a Manga Maniac emblem and I noticed that it was hosted on Photobucket. Shouldn't all emblems be hosted on pokecommunity.com? I mean, if the uploader or Photobucket deletes the account / album / emblem, it's gone forever. And if the emblem gets too much traffic it becomes unviewable for a month (but it's such a small filesize, so I doubt it will happen).

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
I just got a Manga Maniac emblem and I noticed that it was hosted on Photobucket. Shouldn't all emblems be hosted on pokecommunity.com? I mean, if the uploader or Photobucket deletes the account / album / emblem, it's gone forever. And if the emblem gets too much traffic it becomes unviewable for a month (but it's such a small filesize, so I doubt it will happen).

Agree, seeing as there are already emblems with broken images.

Years
I was just going through this and (whilst I'm not sure if I should be asking here) why is it that only those three, that are not nonsense emblems, are available on request whilst several others, that are nonsense emblems, are not? Perhaps my brain just works funny but that doesn't really make much sense to me.

Oh, and for what it is worth I'm also in favour of fixing broken images.

tabor62

[b][color=#CADB5A]W[/color][color=#C8DA4F]h[/color
Years
I was just going through this and (whilst I'm not sure if I should be asking here) why is it that only those three, that are not nonsense emblems, are available on request whilst several others, that are nonsense emblems, are not? Perhaps my brain just works funny but that doesn't really make much sense to me.

Oh, and for what it is worth I'm also in favour of fixing broken images.

Well emblems work like achievments or trophies in my opinion, they're something you have to earn by being noticed by the staff members or staff member. Nonsense emblems or not, it would be silly if you could simply request something that you have to technically work for. Oh, but don't purposely try to get one by altering your post habits, that's something that's easily noticeable. That's just what I think anyways.

Years
I was more asking why there are any up for request at all if they are like achievements you earn. It seems to me like it is something you would do and then if you achieved it you would notify someone an they would determine if you earned the emblem or not. Rather than just hoping that a mod likes you enough to stick a couple on you.

I have no real problems with how things work now, I'm just trying to work out why they do. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back