• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

ERMAGERD I'M A MOD NOW! ^o^

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
  • Spoiler:

Can we just take a moment to appreciate how adorably horrendous I was?

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Spoiler:

Can we just take a moment to appreciate how adorably horrendous I was?
    Incredibly adorable! xDDD

I didn't even understand when Went tried to tease me into it ._. He sent a PM from an alt account (with a name that he knew would make me think of him tho) where he asked if I would like to be a mod at his roleplay forum, and then a link that he said was to his profile on that forum. But the link led to Went's profile page on PC. And I was so confused and somehow thought that the link automatically let to a staff member because it was illegal to advertise other forums via PM or something lmfao so I got scared and didn't even reply. Later I think he PM'd me on his usual account and cleared things up? I was so boring anyways ;;

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • I don't remember getting modded all that well, honestly. It was a decade ago next month so that's not surprising. I was asked by Kwesi over AIM where I wanted to mod and I got to pick a few forums. It was a very, very different procedure back then, haha.

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
    Years
  • Actually, I'll admit I was a little excited at first, though it wore off fast. Not that being a Moderator is disappointing, it's just one of those 'wow that's great!' and then you're accustomed to being a Mod so you're simply content with it! :] Anyway, I was just asked for my Skype contact and asked on there; there was no PM involved. My experience was pretty neutral in circumstance.

Sweets Witch

I just love ham jerky.
    Years
  • I'd be pretty giddy, to be honest. Back in the day it was a dream of mine, although I was extremely immature and not fit for the position. But I really like seeing people get modded, especially if I know them fairly well like Anna. There isn't, and to my knowledge hasn't been, a single mod on this site who doesn't/didn't deserve the position.

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
    Years
  • Well, I'd be extremely excited...but then confused. I'll be like "WOOOO...wait, how the hell do you moderate this place?" Having to learn how to do mod duties would be long for me, since I've never really been entrusted with that power..

Her

Years
    • Seen today
    I'd imagine that I would be a lovely addition to the staff team, so long as I am able to keep my naturally arrogant/cattier aspects of me under control. That's not self-promotion, I know far better than to drop hints about my desire to be modded/remodded and act like I'm mod-in-waiting, lord no. That would be, uh, childish.
    But I would be very excited if I got one of those mythical PM's that invite you to the mod team! I'd probably message Andy and Sydian and they'd be like "OHHHHHHH MY GODDDDDDDDD HERE WE GOOOOOOOOO" and naturally I'd graciously accept and what not. Both of us would probably gossip instantly and I'd go on about how it's time for the staff to welcome the presence of Mariah Carey into their forums, it'd be wonderful. My ideal forum will always be General Entertainment, but nowadays I tend to post more in CC&P/D&D/the MIC so any of those places would be ideal.

Years
  • I'd literally jump with excitement, because I've never modded on a major forum like PC and it would be a great test for me. I have modded on a few small inactive forums in the past, so at least I do have what it takes to be a staff member. I heard some people here got modded in really funny circumstances thanks to hstaff playing tricks on them or something. As for the ideal section I'd mod, I'd probably pick The Welcome Lounge since I've had a talent for greeting the newbies as of late, but Fifth Generation and Fourth Generation look like fun sections as well since I loved the games from those generations.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • I was unable to articulate anything. Leafy and Went kept saying things and I seemed to lose all ability to respond to any of it. I flailed a bit. Kept pressing my hands to my face and tugging on my hair like 'what is this emotion and what do I do with it??' Also running through my head was 'why is this a thing that is happening I am and always have been a little **** and they all know it'.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    I'd feel relieved, actually. It would prove that I have been a good member to this community; doubting that I am has been a concern of mine over the years.

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
    Years
  • I'd probably feel incredible for a brief moment, having been given the honor of even being offered the duty. I mean, I'm certainly no one in line for a mod-ship anytime soon, lol. Logically, the only section I would mod would be the RP Corner, considering that's where I spend 90% of my time on PC.

The thing is, I'm not that active. My activity always seems to be decreasing, actually. If I were offered the position, I'm not sure if I would rightly be able to accept it. Although, if I were offered it in the first place, chances are I would have become more active. Still, I don't think I'm mod material. I'd probably suck at it. >.>;

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen yesterday
    I went digging for the conversation I had on MSN when I was modded. My reaction was...underwhelming when compared to others. Everyone else freaks out, running around houses and fainting. I said:
    I would be honored to mod that section. I'm exceptionally glad that the staff has agreed with this.

I was also teased by the admins. The conversation started out with me being told that certain members were complaining about my position, and I thought I was going to get banned from the forums. Then the admin said that it was staff complaining I wasn't a moderator, and I was like "Oh."

Treecko

the princess without voice
    Years
  • Being a mod on a forum is something that's become a dream of mine in recent months, so if I were modded on PC, I'd scream and jump for joy. I might be a bit confused too since I hear the h-staff here like messing with people when they tell them they're gonna be a mod, but I'd be really excited and would most likely accept the position. I've never modded a forum before, so it might take time for me to adjust to all the responsibilities but I feel I'd be able to handle it once I'd get use to it.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    i was excited and i couldn't eat my sausage that day. i remember the whole day but don't wanna ore y'all with details. idk i didn't scream or anything i just kinda was like wowww all day and thus can remember every single detail of the day pretty much, even though it was almost three years ago.~

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
    Years
  • I honestly thought there was a new staff member and came looking ;;

I was really excited. They outright promoted me without asking but Gav dropped a hint so I was anticipating it sort of. And when it did happen it was just utter chaos; loads of VMs and so much attention omg. XD; But yeah, the excitement wears off after a while. You get habituated to it, like Dave said. 8) It's a lot of fun though, people. You all should become staff at least once. :p

Cassino said:
    I'd feel relieved, actually. It would prove that I have been a good member to this community; doubting that I am has been a concern of mine over the years.
    You're a good member in my eyes. Dunno if that means much.
    Edit; this post is gonna look so weird when I get demoted in a day or two haha

Back