• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Essentials Modular Battle Scene (v18 + v19)

Pokeminer20

PDM20, Coder of Chaos!
Years
  • Greetings, PDM20 here for another weird script. this time it's half cosmetic half functional. With the release of V18 we were told 'with some coding knowledge one could program in a higher number of battlers' so I did that. I've gone and modified the game to allow for those higher number of battlers (5 battlers per side is the limit) . simply download the Graphic Pack and place the text from the .rb file into your game's script editor, or if you're using a github build, slap it into a subfolder with other custom scripts. instructions on how to use are presented in the blurb at the top of the script itself. have fun!

Version 2 has plugin support for ZUD and EBDX, this does NOT mean I have made ZUD and EBDX natively compatible. you'll have to pick one or the other.
    v2.0.2
    here is a screen shot of a 3v5 just to show what happens:
    unknown.png

Last edited:

YashPokeFan123

#PokeFan
    Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2023
    Greetings, PDM20 here for another weird script. this time it's half cosmetic half functional. With the release of V18 we were told 'with some coding knowledge one could program in a higher number of battlers' so I did that. I've gone and modified the game to allow for those higher number of battlers (5 battlers per side is the limit) . simply download the Graphic Pack and place the text from the .rb file into your game's script editor, or if you're using a github build, slap it into a subfolder with other custom scripts. instructions on how to use are presented in the blurb at the top of the script itself. have fun!

v1.0
    unknown.png

Cool

Years
    • Seen Apr 24, 2024
    Greetings, PDM20 here for another weird script. this time it's half cosmetic half functional. With the release of V18 we were told 'with some coding knowledge one could program in a higher number of battlers' so I did that. I've gone and modified the game to allow for those higher number of battlers (5 battlers per side is the limit) . simply download the Graphic Pack and place the text from the .rb file into your game's script editor, or if you're using a github build, slap it into a subfolder with other custom scripts. instructions on how to use are presented in the blurb at the top of the script itself. have fun!

v1.0
    unknown.png

Wow, you're amazing, let me ask you a question!
    Do you know the battles of the anime, that for example, in Brock's gym it was only possible to use a Pokémon?
    How do I get the trainer to use only one Pokémon during a battle, for example 1v1? Even if the player has more Pokémon on the team?

Pokeminer20

PDM20, Coder of Chaos!
    Years
  • Wow, you're amazing, let me ask you a question!
    Do you know the battles of the anime, that for example, in Brock's gym it was only possible to use a Pokémon?
    How do I get the trainer to use only one Pokémon during a battle, for example 1v1? Even if the player has more Pokémon on the team?

instructions on how to set the battle rule is in the scripts instruction. that or just use the normal battle methods.

Pokeminer20

PDM20, Coder of Chaos!
    Years
  • Update to v1.1:
    Changelog:
    - fixed an error relating to the core of the script
    - modified positions on battlers sprite.

Zeak6464

Zeak #3205 - Discord
    Years
  • Greetings, PDM20 here for another weird script. this time it's half cosmetic half functional. With the release of V18 we were told 'with some coding knowledge one could program in a higher number of battlers' so I did that. I've gone and modified the game to allow for those higher number of battlers (5 battlers per side is the limit) . simply download the Graphic Pack and place the text from the .rb file into your game's script editor, or if you're using a github build, slap it into a subfolder with other custom scripts. instructions on how to use are presented in the blurb at the top of the script itself. have fun!

v1.0
    unknown.png

LMAO this has to be one of the best things i have seen in awhile :D

YashPokeFan123

#PokeFan
    Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2023
    Code:
    # When progress is made increase the value of the game variable that VarNumber is set to. More below
    VarNumber = 50
    $screens = []
    fileName = "screenNames.txt"

def getVals(filename)
      f = returnReadFile(filename)
      f = f.split("
    ")
      for i in f
        i = i.split(":")
        $screens.push(i[1])
      end
    end

class IntroEventScene < EventScene
      TICKS_PER_PIC         = 40   # 20 ticks per second, so 2 seconds
      TICKS_PER_ENTER_FLASH = 40
      FADE_TICKS            = 8

def initialize(pics,splash,viewport=nil)
        super(nil)
        getVals(filename)
        @pics   = pics
        @splash = $screens[$game_variables[VarNumber]]#splash
        @pic = addImage(0,0,"")
        @pic.setOpacity(0,0)    # set opacity to 0 after waiting 0 frames
        @pic2 = addImage(0,0,"")   # flashing "Press Enter" picture
        @pic2.setOpacity(0,0)
        @index = 0
        data_system = pbLoadRxData("Data/System")
        pbBGMPlay(data_system.title_bgm)
        openPic(self,nil)
      end

def openPic(scene,args)
        onCTrigger.clear
        @pic.name = "Graphics/Titles/"+@pics[@index]
        # fade to opacity 255 in FADE_TICKS ticks after waiting 0 frames
        @pic.moveOpacity(0,FADE_TICKS,255)
        pictureWait
        @timer = 0                          # reset the timer
        onUpdate.set(method(:picUpdate))    # call picUpdate every frame
        onCTrigger.set(method(:closePic))   # call closePic when C key is pressed
      end

def closePic(scene,args)
        onUpdate.clear
        onCTrigger.clear
        @pic.moveOpacity(0,FADE_TICKS,0)
        pictureWait
        @index += 1   # Move to the next picture
        if @index>[email protected]
          openSplash(scene,args)
        else
          openPic(scene,args)
        end
      end

def picUpdate(scene,args)
        @timer += 1
        if @timer>TICKS_PER_PIC*Graphics.frame_rate/20
          @timer = 0
          closePic(scene,args)   # Close the picture
        end
      end

def openSplash(scene,args)
        onUpdate.clear
        onCTrigger.clear
        @pic.name = "Graphics/Titles/"+@splash
        @pic.moveOpacity(0,FADE_TICKS,255)
        @pic2.name = "Graphics/Titles/start"
        @pic2.setXY(0,0,322)
        @pic2.setVisible(0,true)
        @pic2.moveOpacity(0,FADE_TICKS,255)
        pictureWait
        onUpdate.set(method(:splashUpdate))    # call splashUpdate every frame
        onCTrigger.set(method(:closeSplash))   # call closeSplash when C key is pressed
      end

def closeSplash(scene,args)
        onUpdate.clear
        onCTrigger.clear
        # Play random cry
        cry = pbCryFile(1+rand(PBSpecies.maxValue))
        pbSEPlay(cry,80,100) if cry
        @pic.moveXY(0,20,0,0)
        pictureWait
        # Fade out
        @pic2.clearProcesses
        @pic2.moveOpacity(0,FADE_TICKS,0)
        pbBGMStop(1.0)
        pictureWait
        scene.dispose   # Close the scene
        sscene = PokemonLoad_Scene.new
        sscreen = PokemonLoadScreen.new(sscene)
        sscreen.pbStartLoadScreen
      end

def closeSplashDelete(scene,args)
        onUpdate.clear
        onCTrigger.clear
        # Play random cry
        cry = pbCryFile(1+rand(PBSpecies.maxValue))
        pbSEPlay(cry,80,100) if cry
        @pic.moveXY(0,20,0,0)
        pictureWait
        # Fade out
        @pic2.clearProcesses
        @pic2.moveOpacity(0,FADE_TICKS,0)
        pbBGMStop(1.0)
        pictureWait
        scene.dispose   # Close the scene
        sscene = PokemonLoad_Scene.new
        sscreen = PokemonLoadScreen.new(sscene)
        sscreen.pbStartDeleteScreen
      end

def splashUpdate(scene,args)
        # Flashing of "Press Enter" picture
        if [email protected]?
          @pic2.moveOpacity(TICKS_PER_ENTER_FLASH*2/10,TICKS_PER_ENTER_FLASH*4/10,0)
          @pic2.moveOpacity(TICKS_PER_ENTER_FLASH*6/10,TICKS_PER_ENTER_FLASH*4/10,255)
        end
        if Input.press?(Input::DOWN) &&
           Input.press?(Input::B) &&
           Input.press?(Input::CTRL)
          closeSplashDelete(scene,args)
        end
      end
    end

class Scene_Intro
      def initialize(pics, splash = nil)
        @pics   = pics
        @splash = splash
      end

def main
        Graphics.transition(0)
        @eventscene = IntroEventScene.new(@pics,@splash)
        @eventscene.main
        Graphics.freeze
      end
    end
    You will also need more files:
    • screenNames.txt (Base folder) Contains the data for the screens. It's structured as follows: Progress Var No.:Screen filename. To have more than 1 separate the values with a new line.
    • The screen files in Graphics/Pictures/
    Then each time the game is booted, the title screen will depend on the progress variable. not fully tested

v1.0
    unknown.png

Hey does it support also wild battle like in omega and alpha sapphire wild battle have 5 pokemon

Sir William

Chemist
    Years
    • Seen Apr 14, 2021

v1.0
    unknown.png

Hey man nice script I tried this script and all works well so far 😃 . And I have also tried another masterpiece i.e. Ludicious89 ' s Dynamax and Max Raid Script , so i was just wandering if this script will work with the dynamax script so it would be more close to sword and shield , I mean 1 vs 4 in raid den .
    Well anyway this one is nice script .

YashPokeFan123

#PokeFan
    Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2023
    Hey man nice script I tried this script and all works well so far 😃 . And I have also tried another masterpiece i.e. Ludicious89 ' s Dynamax and Max Raid Script , so i was just wandering if this script will work with the dynamax script so it would be more close to sword and shield , I mean 1 vs 4 in raid den .
    Well anyway this one is nice script .

it think just put it under dynamax script it works

StCooler

Mayst thou thy peace discover.
    Years
    • Seen May 5, 2024
    Well my friend I want to say that in dynamax raid den we can set max party size 1 - 3 not 1 - 5 . So is this possible to set party size among 1 - 5 in max raid den ?
    It's always possible to make two Ruby scripts work together.
    But seeing this code, we'll need a patch, i.e. a third script that blends Dynamax and Modular Battle together, to get 1v5 Raid battles.

Sir William

Chemist
    Years
    • Seen Apr 14, 2021
    It's always possible to make two Ruby scripts work together.
    But seeing this code, we'll need a patch, i.e. a third script that blends Dynamax and Modular Battle together, to get 1v5 Raid battles.
    Well thanks friend so this requires some work lets see if anyone can do it .

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Well thanks friend so this requires some work lets see if anyone can do it .

Its pretty easy to get working honestly, you just need to plug in this line
    Code:
    $PokemonSystem.activebattle = true if @size>=3
    in the def pbMaxRaidEntry, right above the line pbWildBattleCore.

You'll also have to add his changes to class PokemonDataBox to the one found in the compatibility script in the Dynamax plugin.

StCooler

Mayst thou thy peace discover.
    Years
    • Seen May 5, 2024
    Its pretty easy to get working honestly, you just need to plug in this line
    Code:
    $PokemonSystem.activebattle = true if @size>=3
    in the def pbMaxRaidEntry, right above the line pbWildBattleCore.

You'll also have to add his changes to class PokemonDataBox to the one found in the compatibility script in the Dynamax plugin.

I wouldn't have bet it was that easy ^^"

Back