• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Every Moved?

Pikachuie

Go Seahawks!
Years
  • Well my parents are splitting up and I get to move in with my mom and her boyfriend and two dogs jubba (his ex stole him so we are looking for him) and smokey a 15 year old mini doxie and his 2 cats, but i've never moved in my life (Yes i've lived in the same house for along time) and at first I didnt want to but I just got back from spending the night and it was good (Would have been better if i had a tv and a bed not a air mattress but meh) but I want to know if you guys have moved and whats it like but first i want to say i'm going to be a GODDESS i get the router in my room, I need a Budtter stick (I dont call gold gold i call it budtter and yes it may be mispelled) with a smokey on it :P but yeah thats really all and for the first time i get my own computer! Well yeah i dont knwo how to end threads O_O

Sirfetch’d

I have only moved once and that was just moving into a new house on our same property, so I don't really know what the feeling of moving is like. I assume it is hard at first, especially if you have to leave friends or family behind.

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
    Years
  • I moved a lot when I was in the eighth grade. I should have stayed back, but I didn't. We finally settled where we live now though after my dad bought our house. After that, we haven't moved since.

Moving is hard though. It was hard for me when we moved during my eighth grade year because it screwed things up for me. :/

Urugamosu

Happy, and Searching.
    Years
  • I've moved almost every year till I was 10, then every 3 years until now. I has made it hard to make friends, but hey. Other than that, it is pretty nice to see new sights and experiences.

Elixir.

Fly Away
    Years
  • I moved only once when I was 6 years old, and I've been at the same house since. I'm pretty content with my current house, but my family plans on moving again as soon as I go off to college next year.

Broken_Arrow

Paper Plane
    Years
  • well,i'm sorry to hear about your parents separation

Moving can be good can be bad depends on how your life gonna be...eitherway don't be afraid sometimes taking risks open lots of new ways to see..Good luck with that and all the best for yous ^.^

Years
  • Lesse..

I've moved three? times. My first move was big: from Russia to the US when I was 7 or 8. We moved to Brooklyn so that was my first real impression of America. I remember liking my area as a kid but now that I'm older I realize it wasn't the best of places, haha. After that we moved to another Brooklyn apartment about ten or fifteen blocks down.. a bit better and more quiet but generally the same. Third time was the charm though, since parents got a house down in Staten Island. I love it here despite the crazy drivers. |3

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I've moved only twice in my lifetime. I was born in a place called Elmhurst, which was a part of Queens. At the age of two, my parents moved us to a house in Ozone Park that had a lower rent, because they were having financial issues. When I turned seven, my sister was born, so my family decided to get a bigger house. They've managed to find a nice-looking place in Long Island, and so we've immediately moved there. This place is very peaceful and quite. Plus, most of the neighbors are extremely friendly. I love it. :) I'm not sure if we'll ever have to move again, but I hope not!

Pikachuie

Go Seahawks!
    Years
  • Yeah i think its gonna be fun it sounds like my moms boyfirend is much like me :P I kida dont want to but its gonna be fun so i just say meh to it :3

New Eden

Ascension to heaven
    Years
  • I have moved...a total of two times already. I was raised dominantly by my grandmother until I was 13 or so where I lived with my mom and my then step-dad until I was 14 where we moved into this house shortly after. Soon my mom and I are having it sold and moving to an apartment as temporary residence until my mom can find a townhouse for us to live in until she's ready to move out of the state. The whole time though I've lived in the metro area of the state, so I don't know the full moving experience, at least yet.

Nolafus

Aspiring something
    Years
  • My dad was in the military so I've moved just about every two to three years up until high school. It's hard leaving all the friends you've managed to make behind, but you have to pick yourself up and believe that you'll make new friends in this new world.

On the bright side, I got to see a lot of cultures from a variety of places. Everywhere from summers with 120 degree summers (Fahrenheit) to a place where we got three feet of snow on a mild winter. It was neat to see how different the people acted on different parts of the same country. Spending a week in the car moving, however, wasn't so neat.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    I can't remember when, but I moved into the house I grew up in, which was my grandparents' house.
    Then when I was in Kindergarten, we moved to Virginia.
    We moved back before the year was up.
    We moved to an apartment across town when I was in fourth or fifth grade.
    We moved back before middle school started.
    After my senior year of high school, we moved into a temporary house for about a month, until our new apartment was ready.
    We moved into that apartment in October 2010.
    Then I moved out on my own last May.

Before that, I can't remember. I know I moved at least twice before that, but I don't know where or from or why.

Foxrally

[img]http://i.imgur.com/omi0jS3.gif[/img]
    Years
  • You don't seem to sad your parents are splitting up so that's good (I guess?). Me and my family have moved a lot over the years, we've been to at least 3-4 different houses, in Sharjah, Abu Dhabi, Al Ain, and finally setting in Dubai. (they're all cities of the UAE, BTW)

But yeah, moving is a little hard if you like your current house, but it can also be fun as you get to rediscover your stuff :D

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
    Years
  • I've moved houses quite a bit. According to what I remember, I stayed at this linked house which is faded from memory, and then moved to a condominium. Stayed there for about 5 years, then moved to a semi-dee. Stayed there for another 5 years or so then finally settled into this bungalow where I currently live for about 2-3 years now. All of those moves were within the same state, just different areas. Moving wasn't a difficult experience for me as I just move to a different house but go back to the same school, so I need not lose any friends. I love the feeling of moving though! I love living a new lifestyle in a new house, discovering new places, making new friends with the neighbours. My current neighbours are from the UK/U.S., so it's pretty awesome! n_n

Last edited:
    Years
  • Back before I was 5 years old, my family had to move out of our current house so that repairs from flood damage could be fixed. The repairs were quite lengthy, so it took up to a year for the repairs to be completed. While the repairs were occurring, we were living in an apartment complex.. and when the repairs completed we had moved back in and I've lived in the same house since.

Honest

Hi!
    Years
  • Oh wow, I just realized two years since I'd moved from my old apartment passed by 10 days ago. Heh.

I've only ever moved once in my life. I used to live in a small apartment in Astoria, NY, but my father wanted to move to something bigger, and we inevitably did. Practically live on the border of NYC right now.

Years
  • I did move house once in my life, around when I was 7 I think? We didn't move that far, just the next suburb down, and I have been living at my current address for 14 years now. The unit block I used to live in got damaged by hailstones so that's why.

Pikachuie

Go Seahawks!
    Years
  • You don't seem to sad your parents are splitting up so that's good (I guess?). Me and my family have moved a lot over the years, we've been to at least 3-4 different houses, in Sharjah, Abu Dhabi, Al Ain, and finally setting in Dubai. (they're all cities of the UAE, BTW)

But yeah, moving is a little hard if you like your current house, but it can also be fun as you get to rediscover your stuff :D

I just dont let it bug me that my parents are splotting up but I get to go to my dads house like every day because my mom works near were we my dad lives so yeah not to bad :P

zakisrage

In the trunk on Highway 10
    Years
  • I've moved several times. Until I was four my family lived in Sur, Lebanon - located about forty miles south of Beirut. Then we moved to Lakemba in Australia (which sucked). When I was seven, we moved again to Auburn (which was a bit better). When I was twelve, we moved to Newcastle. Dad says we're not moving again. That makes me happy - I think I've found the right friends.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • Moved a lot when I was younger, due to my dad changing jobs and job locations and family emergencies. Eventually we've settled in this small town no one knows about, and living there since my junior year of high school. It was hard back then. Almost every year I have to start over and make new friends. :(

Back