• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Famitsu's 'Special Pokémon announcement!' May 21st!

Natester

Mostly a lurker
Years
    • Age 38
    • Iowa
    • Seen Feb 17, 2017
    Pokemon Super Mystery Dungeon has just been announced. Serebi and Bulbagarden has confirmed it although Pokemon Company USA has yet to confirm it, although they'll probably do it rather soon. I think this is the game that was supposed to be announced today. Release date for the USA is in winter 2015 (possibly December) while in Europe it'll be in early 2016. Japan, as usual, gets it early (Autumn 2015).

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    ^lol, looks like we got something after all then

Years
  • Pokemon Super Mystery Dungeon has just been announced. Serebi and Bulbagarden has confirmed it although Pokemon Company USA has yet to confirm it, although they'll probably do it rather soon. I think this is the game that was supposed to be announced today. Release date for the USA is in winter 2015 (possibly December) while in Europe it'll be in early 2016. Japan, as usual, gets it early (Autumn 2015).

Oh wow... I wonder if this'll be something that will feature more Pokémon than Gates to Infinity did. Likely so, it could incorporate new Pokémon and possibly be something like that one, but hopefully deal with some of the things people didn't like there.

Years
  • I had a feeling it was going to be a spinoff, but it's kinda sad that in an era of worldwide releases we are now reverting back to the old region-by-region releases. As expected, my region (Australia is counted the same as Europe) is last which means we have to face tons of spoilers from those Japanese and American players who are getting the game before our region.

Years
  • I've heard people saying they'll be burying their heads in the sand if this PMD game turns out as bad as Gates To Infinity. I never play the spinoffs (that included PMD series) but the fact it's reverting back to the region-by-region release is not good because what I enjoyed about worldwide releases was that we could all enjoy the game at the same time and not be worried about a certain region throwing tons of spoilers on the internet.

I have noticed the gaps between Japan, US and Europe/Australia's releases are quite big this time around, with the latter being last which is a huge slap in the face because that means we'll be forced into avoiding the internet due to Japanese and American players leaking spoilers that will be ruining the experience for those who want to do a blind playthrough.

Seriously, to anyone who is in the region that has to wait the longest for the game release, I do feel for you.

Natester

Mostly a lurker
    Years
    • Age 38
    • Iowa
    • Seen Feb 17, 2017
    I've heard people saying they'll be burying their heads in the sand if this PMD game turns out as bad as Gates To Infinity. I never play the spinoffs (that included PMD series) but the fact it's reverting back to the region-by-region release is not good because what I enjoyed about worldwide releases was that we could all enjoy the game at the same time and not be worried about a certain region throwing tons of spoilers on the internet.

I have noticed the gaps between Japan, US and Europe/Australia's releases are quite big this time around, with the latter being last which is a huge slap in the face because that means we'll be forced into avoiding the internet due to Japanese and American players because of the spoilers that will be ruining the experience for those who want to do a blind playthrough.

Seriously, to anyone who is in the region that has to wait the longest for the game release, I do feel for you.

It's not as big a gap as Pokemon Diamond and Pearl, which was released in Japan on September 28, 2006, while America got it on April 22, 2007, almost 7 months later. Europe got it on July 27, 2007, which is about 10 months after Japan got it!!!

Years
  • It's not as big a gap as Pokemon Diamond and Pearl, which was released in Japan on September 28, 2006, while America got it on April 22, 2007, almost 7 months later. Europe got it on July 27, 2007.

I still think that was drastic, considering Europe had to wait 3 months longer than the US. This is why I despise region-by-region releases, and why I think the worldwide release for XY and ORAS (barring Europe though since they had to wait a week later while Japan, US and Australia got it at the same time) is the way of the future. Still, international regions waiting longer than Japan is not good.

Oblox

Pokemon Breeder
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jul 9, 2021
    Lets hope this isnt the only announcement for this year as it would be sad to let the anniversary slip by without something else to show for it. A remake for Kanto would be better than this.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • So the announcement was actually for a new Mystery Dungeons game? Took them long enough, but I'm more concerned about the lack of a new Pokémon Ranger, since that spin-off skipped Gen V.

Candy

[img]http://i.imgur.com/snz4bEm.png[/img]
    Years
  • Not a new Pokemon Ranger game. I am disappointed. :T

...nah, new PMD game is a really great news to me. Now if only it'll be as good as PMD Explorers...

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • So the announcement was actually for a new Mystery Dungeons game? Took them long enough, but I'm more concerned about the lack of a new Pokémon Ranger, since that spin-off skipped Gen V.
    I wonder if it's because they lack ideas for one. Irc in an interview Masuda mentioned that the reason Gen V didn't have a stadium like home console game was because they lacked ideas. Similarly they also skipped Mega Flygon in XYOrAs due to not liking the design.

Btw has there ever been a main game and a spin off that have come out around the same time? If not then I think we won't get a main game even in Winter.

Pyrax

Midnight Guest
    Years
    • he/him
    • UK
    • Seen today
    ...Frankly I'm impressed Game Freak even decided to make a new PMD, considering how much of a disaster Gates to Infinity was. Granted I didn't buy GtI, but after reading numerous reviews, I'm glad I didn't.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • It's the 5th entry for the PMD series, but we've only had 3 Ranger games with the last being released 5 years ago. I'm looking forward to another Mystery Dungeon, but it would be nice to see an updated 3D version of Ranger too.

Years
    • Age 27
    • OH
    • Seen May 10, 2024
    Honestly, I've never liked Pokemon Ranger, so I'm rather relieved that it's a Mystery Dungeon game. I can at least tolerate those games, and I liked Rescue Team and Explorers of Darkness.

Years
  • Yeah, i'm on board with this too.

But if they don't have another main series game before the end of the year, they might have it next spring like they did every one of them between Emerald and BW.

Years
  • Well, that may be weird, but I think the reason why Gates to inf was so bad is... XY. Those games had to represent a revolution and created such excitement that Gates to inf didn't have to eclipse them, especially with the poor after game that XY proposed. You could say "why did they produce them, then ?" : because they have to keep a certain rythm.
    Doing a game without much passion isn't Chunsoft, for me. They didn't have much choice but they didn't give us a totaly empty game though, it has good points :
    - the weather ! How much I wanted to see the weather scroll (oups, right term ?) continuously since la Forêt Givrée (sorry, don't have the English name) ! ;)
    - those doors that hide entire corridors, great idea.
    - dungeon graphics that are just super.
    They included those good points and some others to show us that they still can do great things. Because hey, they know that include all pokémons is one of the most important things they have to do, they aren't dumb... Thats why I am sure that this Mega mystery dungeon (or super where you are), will be great : there isn't the expectation XY generated ;) (sorry for my English, I am French :p)

Z25

Team Player
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Aug 27, 2023
    The one thing I hope that's going to be included in this new PMD game is better Pokemon selection when you take that personality quiz. I'm sure like 95% of you in this thread are moaning and groaning about how bad GTI was already, but to add to that, I just feel the overall selection was very poor and could've been done a a lot better. Snivy's movepool was pathetically small and getting through bosses proved to be a major pain. >.>

That being said though, would anyone take a guess at what the possible Pokemon might be that we'll end up with via the personality test?
    I want every option throughout each series but don't think it will happen. But i they did this, had a linger and good story like GTI, and kep everything else from GTI, then it could be amazing!

Years
  • Was anyone else kind of hoping for a Pokemon Z/X2 and Y2 announcement? I still hope Nintendo announces one of those two for the upcoming holiday season.

Back