• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Fav Starter?

Favorite Starter?

• Charmander

Votes: 6 7.9%
  • Squirtle

• Bulbasaur

Votes: 7 9.2%
  • Totodile

Votes: 5 6.6%
  • Chikorita

• Cyndaquil

Votes: 8 10.5%
  • Torchic

• Mudkip

• Treecko

Votes: 4 5.3%
  • Oshawott

Votes: 2 2.6%
  • Snivy

Votes: 3 3.9%
  • Tepig

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Chespin

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fennekin

Votes: 7 9.2%
  • Froakie

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Turtwig

• Chimchar

• Piplup

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

_Dud_

I can't C#
Years
  • Squirtle for me. Not only does it evolve to have gigantic water canons, but you can attach "Black Sunglasses" and feel like you have a true member of the Squirtle Squad on your team (bite also does increased damage with them attached)

Mawa

The typo Queen
    Years
  • Even if Grass type is my favorite starters, if I only have to choose one I always choose Totodile <3

khaozz

Peace sells, but who's buying?
    Years
    • Seen Nov 26, 2018
    Cyndaquil line is my favorite, although I'm also really fond of the Fennekin, Torchic, Treecko, and Charmander lines. To be honest, I like almost all of the Starter Pokemon (with Yellow Pikachu and Froakie being the only exceptions).

Years
  • Hope you don't mind IronBot, but I've gone ahead and added the other three starters, since I'm sure more than a few people have one of them as their favorite.

As for myself, I went with Treecko, with Piplup being a close second (if we were going with final evolutions, that'd be reversed). While I'm not a big fan of starter Pokemon, my Treecko from Sapphire is the Pokemon that I've had around the longest, and it's currently living on my HeartGold save. Hard to believe that I've had it for 11+ years, but I'd be devastated to lose it, even if it's just pixels and data, haha.

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    I voted for bulbasaur. I like each stage of its family and it's always been dependable.

runner ups would be torchic, treecko, and fennekin

Jessie

Don't forget to be awesome.
    Years
  • Piplup is my favorite!

I like water types anyway, and it's a cute little penguin. What's not to love? ♥

drfaustfaustus

Not a real doctor
    Years
    • Seen May 15, 2018
    As much as I'm a huge fan of the earlier games, my favorite starter has to be Turtwig. His final evolution, Torterra, really just screams "immovable" to me. Not to mention he's a Ground Subtype, which is my favorite, and he learns Earthquake naturally.

Other than him, though, Bulbasaur and Treecko are really really up there.

Bay

Years
  • Mudkip for me. I used it several times in my Sapphire playthroughs and then in Alpha Sapphire. I pretty like all the water starters, although I tried all Johto starters at least once and they're great.

Runiel

I am male
    Years
  • Charmender is my all-time favorite, its just awesome, especially when it evolves into a Gigantic Fire Breathing Tail On Fire Dragon-But Not Dragon type.
    Honestly, i like all of the fire types, they're usually my go-to pick starter in general, they're just so cool (That's just my personal Opinion)

Years
  • I'm a fire starter lover, favorite being Cyndaquil. Other favorites are Charmander, Torchic and Piplup. Cyndaquil is just so cute with those closed eyes and long snout.

Back