• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Favorite Gen 2 Fire type.

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Feb 13, 2018
Typhlosion. It's not as versatile as part Dark Houndoom (Who is my other fav), but Typhy has powerful moves like Fire Blast and high enough Speed and Special Attack that allow him to use them semi effectively.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 37
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 27, 2023
Ho-Oh and Entei are my favorite gen 2 fire type. They are beautiful strong legendary Pokemon that are fun to have on your team and I also enjoyed watching them in the anime.

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen yesterday
My favorites are probably the Cyndaquil line, specifically Quilava.

Years
  • Age 122
  • Seen Jan 27, 2019
Top favorites: Ho-Oh for being a worldly legendary and one of the best. Entei for the same reasons. Houndour and Houndoom for being some of the best designed gen ii pokemon. Cyndaquil line for being memorable starters that many people grew fond of as children and as adults I'm sure.

The rest of gen 2 fire types which I still like: Slugma and Magcargo for being made of lava and being hotter than the sun's surface. Magby for being cooler in design than its evolutions.

Last edited:

Vini310

Just a Player
Years
Typhlosion (thought this may have something to do with the fact I chose Cyndaquil in HG), especially because, to cover his weaknesses, all you need is Thunder Punch and Earthquake.

Palmer-Granate

The Champion Jester
Years
Aside from the obvious bias towards Typlosion, Entei and Ho-Oh, I'll go with the Magcargo line, Houndoom line and Magby.

I know I've covered the entirety of Johto's fire types, but I like em all. Magmar was always one of my favourite Fire types in Kanto, so although weak in battle, Magbys design is superb. Houndoom, from what we see from Johto's Rocket Leader and Karen, Houndoom is a force to be reckoned with and wish they allow the opportunity to catch Houndour early on, like around Goldenrod, for instance. There were so few additions to Gen2 in terms of fire types, Slugma just happened to fall right in.

icycatelf

Alex
Years
Ho-Oh for sure. It was my favorite Pokémon prior to Gen. 4 and the phoenix is still my favorite mythical creature.

Excluding Legendaries, Quilava (though I don't like any of its Gen. II sprites).

LatchoDives23

Official Nicktoons Fan of the Boards
Years
I've always liked the Cyndaquil line, but I do prefer the Totodile line.

That said, I always choose Cyndaquil when playing GSC because the Physical/Special split hasn't happened yet.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Online now
Houndoom for me. Fire/Dark is a good typing, and it learns some epic moves by level, like Flamethrower and Crunch. Back in the day, all Dark type moves were special, so I could just go to town with its level-up movepool.

Shame it's not obtainable before the Pokemon League in GSC.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
Quilava is my favorite Fire Type overall so I definitely have to say it.

Years
Ho-Oh! I love its design and rich history, one of my favorite legends overall. Also +1 to Cyndaquil line :>

Years
Cyndaquil, Quilava and Magby. I'm not really a fan of Typhlosion as it doesn't fit right with the rest of the line in my opinion. I've been fan of Magmar since Gen I and was so happy to learn there is Baby Pokémon for it.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 24, 2023
I love Typhlosion since Cyndaquil is one of my all time favourite starters, but overall I'll need to say Houndoom. Absolute unit.

Back