• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favorite Gens?

Favorite Gen?

• Gen 1

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Gen 2

• Gen 3

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • Gen 4

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Gen 5

• Gen 6

• Gen 7

• Gen 8

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Years
    • Seen Jun 28, 2021
    Gen 3 for me. It felt so complete. Hard to explain, it just had "it". The total package for me.

Rynamite

Teaghlaigh, Dílseacht, Misneach
    Years
  • I was going to vote on either Generation 3 or 4 because I had invested so much time and interest into those generations... But then I saw generation 1, and Secret Agent Nostalgia shot me in the arm with sweet memory vibes and I clicked that instead. There was just so much magic with that one that I don't think has or ever will be replicated :)

Sorvete

Novice
    Years
  • Unova/gen V! III and VI (especially for ORAS) are a close second. Unova is definitely #1 and will be forever, probably. <3

Aaa, I'm glad to see some gen 5 love! It definitely sticks as my favorite gen of all time. I really like gen 7 too, but there are just too many long cutscenes lmao

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • Generation 3! I suppose I have bias, since generation iii were my first Pokemon games, but I've always just enjoyed Hoenn far more than any other region in Pokemon, so it'll always get my vote.

Years
  • 3 and 4 are definitely my favorites. I've got a lot of memories playing the third gen games, and gen 4 brought the physical/special split, which I still think is one of the most important upgrades to the battle mechanics that got me really excited about playing again. It's too bad I didn't like the Sinnoh games, otherwise gen 4 would easily be my top choice.

Lysander

girl power ftw
    Years
  • Gen 4, because Platinum is my favourite game of the series and most of my favourite Pokémon debuted in Gen 4

Years
    • Seen Jun 7, 2023
    Gen 3. Emerald has the best post game and FRLG fixed the unplayable buggy mess that is gen 1.

Years
  • Gen VI. I love Kalos, even though the games felt like a tech demo. But the atmosphere, the Pokémon and places were just so great and though-through. And ORAS modernized already great Gen III games.

Years
  • gens 3 and 4. to me, nothing will beat the moments of playing Pokemon XD/Gale of Darkness/Pokemon Battle Revolution. gen 3 and gen 4 spinoffs were really a highlight during those times.

Years
    • Age 23
    • She/Her
    • Canada
    • Seen Apr 15, 2024
    Generation 4 is superior. I love everything about it, the Sinnoh region itself, the anime, the Pokémon, the games, everything about generation 4 was swell. Gen 5 is my second favourite.

KingsOftheSummit

King of the known land, tactician of war
    Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2020
    Gen 1 is the OG and hard to beat in my opinion. 3 and 5 would be next \m/

Soaring Sid

Now I'm motivated
    Years
  • Aaa, I'm glad to see some gen 5 love! It definitely sticks as my favorite gen of all time. I really like gen 7 too, but there are just too many long cutscenes lmao
    I share the same opinions! Gen 5 is still my favourite and in my opinion, the apex of Pokemon as a game.

Gen 4, because Platinum is my favourite game of the series and most of my favourite Pokémon debuted in Gen 4
    I appreciate it (Sinnoh was my first game), but why does Gen 4 have 0% votes??

Back