• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favorite [Insert music term here]?

Talon

[font=Cambria]Hidden From Mind[/font]
    Years
    Whats your favorite....
    Song?
    Band?
    Instrument?
    Album?
    Or anything else you can think of.

My favorite song right now is Tomorrow by Downplay. I love this song so much, it just sounds so good. Favorite band is Black Veil Brides or Metallica. My favorite instrument is the drums. I love them, they sound so powerful and strong. My favorite album by any band is Sounds Of A Playground Fading from In Flames in 2011.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I have a lot of favorite songs, but at the moment, one of them would have to be Come Clarity by In Flames. I have a lot of favorite bands as well, including Killswitch Engage, Arch Enemy, Deftones, As I Lay Dying, Alter Bridge, All That Remains, Metallica, and Lamb of God. Favorite instrument? Probably gotta be piano, since it's the only one I could play. xD" As for albums, there's thousands. It'd be impossible for me to list them all, really.

PkmnTrainerElio

♥ Jung Hoseok, Kim Namjoon and Park Jimin ♥
    Years
    Me? Well...

Song: anything by One Direction, Justin Bieber, The Carpenters.
    Band: One Direction, Justin Bieber, The Carpenters.
    Instrument: Most of the exotic ones.
    Album: as stated in "song", but, Justin's new "Journals" don't do it for me, but I am no hypocrite about it.

Years
    Whats your favorite....

Song? - There are too many to choose from really, so I'll just pick one that is stuck in my head right now: Dangerous by Within Temptation and Howard Jones

Band? - Again there are just too many, I love so many. Some of my favourites are Linkin Park, Imagine Dragons, All That Remains, Nirvana, Guns n' Roses, Wolfmother, Nightwish, Twiztid, Insane Clown Posse, Within Temptation, Skillet, Thousand Foot Krutch, You Me At Six, Fallout Boy, Bring Me the Horizon, Hilltop Hoods and Evanescence. There are so many more but those will do for now.

Instrument? - Actually the violin. It can create the most beautiful, the most emotional and even the most fierce music if used right. It is truly the epitome of instruments in its sound and versatility.

Album? - Oh God. Too hard. I give up.

I have really eclectic taste xD

Colress Machine

The Colress Machine broke...
    Years
    Song- This changes a lot, but as of now it's Levels by Avicii. It just makes me so happy!!
    Band- Owl City is my favorite band of all time. He's sort of like my default go-to band. I also really love Parov Stelar and Caravan Palace. Electroswing is awesome!!
    Instrument- I absolutely adore the Steel Drum. I could listen to someone play it all day.
    Album- Ocean Eyes by Owl City has remained by favorite album for almost 5 years. It'll take a lot for someone to beat it. c:

Apollo

怖がらないで
    Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2017
    Song: Even if we broad it down to a song of a specific band, it would still be too much. I stick to one, and it constantly changes depending on how I feel. Currently it's When We Die, by Bowling For Soup. It's a serious song, compared to most of their comedic songs they have, which I like. I watched the music video, and it almost made me shed to tears. Not to mention how the tune and the song itself was really sad -- yet brought an optimistic vibe to it as well.

Band: Too many again. I like rock, punk rock, pop punk...those sort of bands. These include blink-182 (which stands on my first), Bowling For Soup, The Click Five, We The Kings, All-American Rejects and basically much much more!

Instrument: I don't know. I'm not instrumental or whatever. But I would go with a violin. Like what gimmepie said, it creates lots of sounds and produces different vibes depending on how you use it. From an elegant classic to a hyper rock ...thing, the violin will always have something for you!

Album: Take Off Your Pants and Jacket (blink-182). The songs are among my favorites. I also like Neighborhoods (blink-182)

Last edited:
    Years
    Song:
    At the moment, it's Marionette by a Korean girl group named STELLAR. Never heard of them before hand and they apparently debuted in 2011...

Band:
    Going to make a mention to another Korean group and that's INFINITE. Their dance songs are nice to listen to and the choreography that goes along is always amazing. One of the most synchronized groups I've ever seen.

Instrument:
    I played the flute back in middle school, but I wouldn't say it's my favourite. The violin and piano would be my favourite instruments; they sound beautiful together and I'm very envious of people who can play either.

Album:
    I've never been a big album person, to be honest...Mainly because I tend to like only 1 or 2 songs on an album that consists of mainly original songs separate from singles \: So I don't really have an answer for that category.

pompayyy

Forever and Ever
    Years
    SONG: As of now, it's Elephant by Tame Impala. Expect that to change daily.

BAND: Pink Floyd or The Who (with The Velvet Underground and Yes tying for 2nd)

INSTRUMENT: Electric Guitar (specifically Fender Stratocaster)

ALBUM: As of now its Pink Floyd's "The Wall". Likely subject to change though.

Years
    I have way too many favorites for each, so these are just some highlights from my career in music consumption.

Song: "By the Way" - Red Hot Chili Peppers
    Band: Foo Fighters
    Instrument: Guitar, Harpsichord
    Album: In the Aeroplane Over the Sea - Neutral Milk Hotel

Metricus

The Sympathetic Freaker
    Years
    Song - You Give Love a Bad Name - Bon Jovi
    Band - Led Zeppelin
    Instrument - Electric Guitar
    Album - I have a lot of favorites, so it's hard to pick just one. Maybe Led Zeppelin IV, but I don't know.

Also, Lowvyr, can I say that I love that you have a Korn video in your sig?

stp

ShootThePuck
    Years
    Song: I don't know, I get obsessed with a different song every day. What's It Feel Like To Be A Ghost? by Taking Back Sunday, Sugar, We're Goin' Down by Fall Out Boy, and Grounded by e-dubble are some of my personal favorites, though.

Band: Taking Back Sunday, Fall Out Boy, Linkin Park, Blink-182, Imagine Dragons. I'd list more but I don't have my music collection to browse through on this computer.

Instrument: Piano or orchestral stuff.

Album: From Under The Cork Tree.

Dreg

Done after the GT.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2016
    What's my favorite:

Song? Stairway to Heaven by Led Zeppelin. Probably one of the greatest songs ever released.
    Band? Foo Fighters. Probably the only group that has been good progressively since day 1.
    Instrument? Even though I've never played these, but Timpani drums. Would love to play these.
    Album? Fat of the Land by The Prodigy.

Crunch Punch

fire > ice
    Years
    Favourite...

Song: Eurgh, this changes nearly every day. I guess if I had to choose only one song then it would be Reptilia by The Strokes. That song defines badassery. Suck My Kiss by RHCP and Barely Legal again by The Strokes come very close though.

Band: By no doubt The Strokes. Their first album literally changed my whole perspective in music and they are the reason why I started learning guitar.

Instrument: Electric guitar, with my favourite model being the Fender Strat.

Album: Is This It, Room on Fire, Fever To Tell and ...Like Clockwork. Choosing one was too hard for me >.<

Years
    Whats your favorite....
    Song?
    Band?
    Instrument?
    Album?
    Or anything else you can think of.

Song: "November Rain" - Guns N' Roses. Beautiful song, that you should listen to if you have 9+ minutes to spare. :]

Band: Muse. I first heard them about when they released Absolution (a bit more than 10 years ago), and then really fell in love with them when they released Black Holes & Revelations. Finally saw them live in concert last year, it was the best show I've ever been to (and will probably ever go to, haha)

Instrument: Guitar. My favourite instrument, after hearing a lot of good guitarists through Guitar Hero, friends, YouTube, etc. A big fan of Slash, Tom Morello, Jimi Hendrix, and others. It's weird, though: I'm not a blues fan, but if I could "steal" a playing style/ability from a guitarist, I'd love to be able to play like Stevie Ray Vaughan.

Album: "My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy" - Kanye West, and this one wasn't easy, either. I chose it, because it's the one of the only albums I have where I can't find a song a song on it that I really dislike/won't listen to. For as much of a... 'character', that Kanye certainly is, I'll always look out for his stuff because, IMO, the guy makes great music.

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
    Years
    Song? Prince Loki (It's the tune of Prince ALi from Aladdin) <3
    Band? Simple Plan, hands down.
    Instrument? Bass Guitar
    Album? Anything from Simple Plan, basically.

Yeah, I love this band... so what? These guys are my life, and I wouldn't be here if it wasn't for their music.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
    Years
    Song? Right now it's Worldwide Choppers by Tech N9ne featuring Busta Rhymes, Yelawolf, Twista, U$O, Ceza, D-Loc, JL of B.Hood & Twisted Insane
    Band? AC/DC
    Instrument? Electric Guitar
    Album? Eminem Show

Years
    Song? The New National Anthem by Pierce the Veil
    Band? Pierce the Veil
    Instrument? Piano or Bass Guitar
    Album? A Flair for the Dramatic by Pierce the Veil

Years
    Whats your favorite....
    Song? Castle of the glass - Linkin Park
    Band? Skillet
    Instrument? Drums&Guitar
    Album? This is it! By Michael jackson and Awake and alive by Skillet.

Years
    My favourites:

Song: Lazarus (Porcupine Tree), Still of the Night (Whitesnake) :p
    Band: Porcupine Tree, Pink Floyd
    Instrument: Violin
    Album: Dark Side of the Moon, Wish You Were Here (Pink Floyd)

Back