• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favorite pokemon music?

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Aug 20, 2023
    What's your favorite pokemon music? It can be from the anime, the games, anything really.
    I'll do a top 10 list:
    All Music:
    Spoiler:

Years
    Of course the original anime theme is one of my favourites, but the opening from Emerald and many of the route music from Hoenn and Kanto make it on my list. I have a lot of favourite Pokemon music so I'd struggle to make a list but I love pretty much everything from the Generation 3 games.

Years
    • Seen Oct 4, 2016
    The Route 110 theme from Hoenn! Unfortunently I can't link it, but I absolutely love that theme, both the original version from RSE and the new one from ORAS. It just feels like you are heading out on an adventure you know? Which is precisely what the games are about.

I'll mention these two as they're my favorites and I'll say it time and time again:

Both very powerful themes, I have a thing for more emotional music it seems. The Celebi background song gave me goosebumps as a kid.

The early Pokémon US openings were good too. Pokémon Johto and Born to Be a Winner especially. Also adore the Japanese version of the Battle Frontier opening:

And SPURT:

Rica Matsumoto/Satoshi has an awesome singing voice.

Kikaito plush

Angeline plushxKikaito plush
    Years
    I'll post a link to it

tokyodrift

[i]got me looking for attention[/i]
    Years
    • Age 30
    • he/him
    • Seen Mar 8, 2024

I think the original National Park theme has so much emotion to it. It's really nice to listen to especially alone.

I have so many more though lol.

TheLegendaryGuy

The greatest Ash Ketchum fan!
    Years
    Pokémon Music

There has been a variety of music in Pokémon, from the theme songs, to the ones distributed in CDs, to the ones from specific places in certain games(gym battle music of HGSS, for instance) and even the music you heard somewhere in the anime, or in the movies.
    This thread is about, which one of 'em do like the most, and why? The reason could be anything, ranging from nostalgia, to Calm Minding you(lol) to absolutely nothing.
    My personal favourite has been(and will be forever be) the one from Pokémon : The Movie 2000, the music played by Melody on her flute, which brought back Lugia, and calmed the Legendary Birds down, thus, restoring the balance of nature. Reason? I don't know! This music creates a weired sensation inside my heart, something undescribable in words, and I've got no idea what it is.. Wa'bout ya?

tokyodrift

Years
    • Age 30
    • he/him
    • Seen Mar 8, 2024

I can't believe I skipped over this. Literally GOLD.

BubbleBeams

Defeating Champions Since 1999
    Years
    Most of the music in DPPt would easily fit my list for favorite songs, but to point out some specific faves either for the nostalgia or just because I really flat out enjoy the music, I'll post some very memorable ones for me below:

Spoiler:

And a few of my favorites from the Kanto and Johto American soundtracks. Some of these actually bring me to tears because of the nostalgia, ngl:
    Spoiler:

I honestly could make such a long list of videos if I wanted to, haha!

Of course, Lugia's Song is a given for a top slot as well.

tokyodrift

Years
    • Age 30
    • he/him
    • Seen Mar 8, 2024

bumping this because this really truly is a masterpeice and I can't believe I over-looked it

HyperMorian

Busy with University.
    Years
    To be honest, I like every kind of music, whether it has a lot of instruments combinations (I like piano and synth ones the most). Those are just incredibly great.

If I were to make a full list of my favorites, that would be rather too long so I'm just gonna limit it into 5 that I liked the most.
    Spoiler:

I have a lot more including the PMD and Ranger series, but I rather pick the 5 chosen from the core series. I guess that's that.

Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jun 26, 2023
    My favorite is the Floaroma Town theme. I just love Floaroma (✿◠‿◠) It's my favorite place in any of the games and my Animal Crossing New Leaf town is modeled after it.

I also really love Verdanturf town theme cause I mean, come on, it's just beautiful. ♡

Frozocrone

Fighting a bigger fight
    Years
    I like pretty much all the game themes. My personal favourite would probably be just outside the Pokemon League in DPPt (but I pretty much love all of Sinnoh themes, being the game I started with) and a whole bunch of RSE/ORAS themes (including Zinnia battle and encounter, DeoxysSteven, Gym Leader and Trainer).

Favourite anime themes would be a mix of original and dub themes. Dub includes the first theme and XY remix, Orange Islands, both of Johto, Advanced Challenge/Battle, Battle Dimension and Galactic Battles. Japanese language ones include all of the Sinnoh themes and all the XY themes.

Years
    • she/her
    • Seen May 23, 2023
    I love most of the Sinnoh soundtrack! In particular, I adore Dialga/Palkia's theme, Cynthia's theme, Route 211, the gym leader music and the rival theme.

I really like the Pokemon soundtrack in general though. A few of my other favourites are the Gym Leader theme from R/S/E, the FR/LG champion theme, Suicune's theme, Lugia's theme, the Kanto gym leader theme, Hugh's theme and the cycling theme from G/S/C. I'm sure there's more but I can't think of them at the moment.

As for the anime and the movies, I've always liked 'Unbeatable', 'Born to Be a Winner' and the theme for Pokemon Johto. They're definitely the most catchy and uplifting soundtracks for me!

khaozz

Peace sells, but who's buying?
    Years
    • Seen Nov 26, 2018
    One of my favorite themes from one of my favorite side games. I'm honestly surprised this wasn't posted here earlier.

Mister Coffee

Blathering Fool
    Years
    • Seen Nov 7, 2020
    Oh I definitely have a few favorite Pokemon Themes, and most of them are from OR/AS, the music in this game positively blew me away.

My number one favorite will always be the "Spear Pillar Battle Theme" by far the most epic battle music I have ever heard. Plus pokemon that can control time and space definitely deserve such a theme. I fell in love with the theme even more when the theme would also play frequently on the "Spear Pillar" map in "Super Smash Bros Brawl". That map is one of my favorite maps in the game because it plays that theme.
    Spoiler:

My second favorite is definitely Ho-Oh's battle theme. It seriously blew me away in OR/AS, plus I don't know about you guys but Ho-Oh was by far one of the hardest Legendaries for me to catch in this game. It KO'ed my pokemon often, it ate up lots of my pokeballs, and it made me reset out of failure more often than any Legendary I have had to capture so far. The significance of how hard that battle was made the battle theme seem all the more epic for a pokemon that definitely deserved it.
    Spoiler:

My third favorite goes to Wally, he had a good epic battle theme for his final battle. Honestly though, I think Wally's theme was a bit more hardcore than he actually is... lol but it's still a great theme all and all.
    Spoiler:

My fourth favorite goes out to the Legendary Beasts. Every time I heard their battle theme, the Nostalgia just totally welled up in me. Took me all the way back to my memories of playing G/S/C because of that old Game Boy sound it had.
    Spoiler:

Assuming I'm doing a top five here, I would say it's a tie between Zinnia and Cynthia. Zinnia had a spectacular theme as well as Cynthia, where they had themes that I would say defined their personalities within the game. Zinnia's theme sounds wild and adventurous where as Cynthia's theme sounds intimidating and chaotic.
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen today
    Route 216 anyone?

I listen to it whenever I'm working on anything Pokémon related.

Back