• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favorite Quotes

Years
  • Share a quote that resonate with you. It could be a line from a movie, tv show or book, a statement from an important person historic or contemporary, even words of wisdom from someone you know personally.

I'll get the ball rolling with an healthy dose of common sense from Dr. Angelou.

"When someone shows you who they are, believe them the first time." -Maya Angelou

Years
  • I post the same one every time this question gets asked :')

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it." - Evelyn Beatrice Hall

I also like the quote that inspired that phrase

"Think for yourselves and let others enjoy the privilege to do so too." - Voltaire

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • "i'm sexy, even without make up!" - ionia, mother 3

ooh honey, same

Commander Saturn

Information Broker
    Years
  • "It's so hard to forget pain, but it's even harder to remember sweetness. We have no scar to show for happiness. We learn so little from peace."
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Diary

Years
  • "f*ck perfection. just do it everyday"

forgot who said that exactly, but it resonates with someone like me who's too scared to try something out bcs i need to have it done perfectly on the first go (a workout routine, a hobby to pursue, an instrument / piece to learn, a song to make, etc.). i need to make mistakes so i can eventually see something i'm proud of. and that's ok.

Years
    • Seen today
    I just finished Breaking Bad, the protagonist Walter White had so many great quotes.

My favorite being: "You clearly don't know who you're talking to, so let me clue you in. I am not in danger, Skyler. I am the danger. A guy opens his door and gets shot, and you think that of me? No! I am the one who knocks". (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wMEq1mGpP5A).

Years
    • she/her
    • Seen May 23, 2023
    not a serious one but "I will backhand you to Wimbledon" is one of my favourite quotes ever and I cannot remember for the life of me where it came from

Years
  • "your spark isn't always your purpose in life, you silly humans always seem to get that confused"
    Jerry from Soul (2020)

not verbatim but that's pretty much the gist of what he said. made me realize a lot of things.

User19sq

"Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV."

-Morty Smith

an illegible mess.

[i]i'll make [b]tiny changes[/b] to earth.[/i]
    Years
  • "Be so good to everyone you love. It's not a given. I'm so annoyed that it's not. I didn't live by that standard and it kills me. Please, hug your loved ones." -- scott hutchison

User19sq

I didn't think I'd have a favorite quote from 40th President Ronald Reagan, but here it is. For those of you who don't want to click on the timestamped link:

Spoiler:

Setsuna

♡ Setsuna Scarlet Storm!!
    Years
  • I don't know if this really counts as a quote but something I've heard before is that "time will always keep moving and no one can stop it" and it's influenced me in a few ways. I'm a very firm believer in trying to continue to tell people (and yourself) that things will end up alright if something goes wrong, no matter how bad it is, and that's helped me a lot. It's sort of like a message to enjoy what you have, and that the bad things will always pass. It's a comforting thought to me and my experience with that thought has helped me be way more optimistic than the super pessimistic high school freshman I once was.

Years
    • Seen Nov 25, 2022
    Is it okay if I include my favorite bible quote?

"Judge not, and you will not be judged; condemn not, and you will not be condemned; forgive, and you will be forgiven"
    -Luke 6:37

Years
  • "In the past, I have made no secret of my disdain for Chef Gusteau's famous motto, 'Anyone can cook'. But I realize, only now do I truly understand what he meant. Not everyone can become a great artist, but a great artist can come from anywhere."
    - Anton Ego, Ratatouille

nice reminder from Pixar to never underestimate someone's background.

Years
  • "If you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anyrhing" -Unknown
    "fear is a reaction, courage is a choice" -Unknown

Hyzenthlay

[span=font-size: 16px; font-family: cinzel; color:
    Years
  • I've got quite a few! Here are the ones I try to live by:

For attractive lips, speak words of kindness. For lovely eyes, seek out the good in people. For a slim figure, share your food with the hungry. For beautiful hair, let a child run his fingers through it once a day. For poise, walk with the knowledge you'll never walk alone." — Sam Levenson

People even more than things have to be restored, renewed, revived, reclaimed and redeemed and redeemed and redeemed. Never throw out anybody. Remember, if you ever need a helping hand, you'll find one at the end of your arm. As you grow older, you will discover that you have two hands: one for helping yourself, the other for helping others." — Sam Levenson

The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It's the caring that she lovingly gives, the passion that she shows and the beauty of a woman only grows with passing years." — Audrey Hepburn

Years
  • My own quote I made :

"The harsh truth we all must know that some don't accept nor understand is we all have a choice. To stand up once again and fight or wallow in our sadness from the pain we endured. As well as pretty much complaining over and over like a broken record to everyone about our problems not doing what others suggest. Saying woe is me, pity me, help me, why won't you help me? All questions that you know can be a simple fix if you choose to change or willing to try. It's goings to be tremendously difficult to stop the pain we feel in our hearts, unbearable, and drive us mad. However, the process of changing one's self can be done in many ways with encouragement from support but mainly it comes down to your willingness to change. To do something about your problems and the dilemma going on in your life. Though know this before you choose to give up and to give in as well wander in the darkness, swallowed by your pain and suffering. Anyone can overcome their struggles you're currently facing, anyone. Heck, It's not going to be easy just like that a simple quick fix as we all wish magically would happen. The journey will be even more unpleasant since you're in the process of changing. Changing yourself for the better choice to live than suffer in your pain and despair is much better you think and would like that to happen for you? They're ups and downs along of course along the way to the path of healing. Since nothing is perfect nor ever will be. Though it can be done if you choose to get up and say enough is enough and do something about your problems in your life. Try and remember that when your struggling and going through a hard time. Do you want to feel better and be happy, or not? That's completely your choice and up to you and only you. Only you can help yourself and fully change your life. Very harsh as it sounds its thought its the absolute truth. - JLA

Back