• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

7th Gen Favourite Gen 7 Pokemon

Years
My favorite Pokemon from Gen 7 is Wishiwashi. I just absolutely loved it due to its fun and unusual ability and its monstrous stats when it goes to school form.

of course can't forget bewear who was one of the cutest pokemon of alola imo. i wish i have a bewear in real life :(

honorable mention goes to tsareena for its majestic fighting beauty. (tsareena, who was a few levels behind kukui's team, ohko'ed his snorlax with high jump kick)

Kieran

the Blueberry Champion
Years
I have too many favourite from Alola but nobody tops Silvally of course!

Coming in close: Decidueye, Alolan Vulpix and Ninetales, Mimikyu, Kommo-o, Rockruff and all Lycanrocs, Poipole.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 15, 2022
My favorite pokemon would be Rockruff.

Least favorite is the pikipek line. Honestly, compared to the other bird pokemon from almost every other gen I was pretty disappointed with it.

calenlily

Water trainer with a Rowlet addiction
Years
My faves are Rowlet (probably my all-time favorite Pokémon), Decidueye, Cutiefly line, Mimikyu, Salandit line (my first shiny this gen, and it's so pretty), and Dhelmise. Also have a definite fondness for Cosmog and Lunala.
Favorite Alolan forms are Alolan Marowak and the Alolan Vulpix line. I don't like Alolan Diglett/Dugtrio aesthetically, but have been quite pleased with it as a team member.

Years
  • Age 21
  • Seen Jan 23, 2022
My absolute favourite is a three way tie between mimiku disidueye and lunala. Lunala because I'm a sucker for legendarys

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Aug 24, 2021
Togedemaru is easily my favorite. I love cute Pokémon and the Steel type. So making a cute Steel type means it's one I'll instantly love.

I love so many gen VII Pokémon. Others are Rowlet/Decidueye, Litten/Torracat, Oricorio, Cutiefly/Ribombee, Rockruff/Lycanroc (Dusk and Midday), Shiinotic, Stufful/Bewear, Bounsweet/Steenee/Tsareena, Pyukumuku, Mimikyu, Jangmo-o/Kommo-o, Tapu Lele, Cosmog/Cosmoem/Solgaleo/Lunala, Nihilego, Stakataka, and Meltan. Oh and if Alolan forms count, then Raichu, Sandshrew/Sandslash, Vulpix/Ninetales, Meowth, Exeggutor, and Marowak.

Years
Rowlet
Litten & Torracat
Popplio & Primarina
Alolan Vulpix/Ninetales
Alolan Sandshrew/Sandslash
The whole Jangmo-o line
Oricorio, but only Baile & Sensu style, not a fan of the other 2 versions.
Ribombee
Lurantis
Nebby Cosmog

Years
My favorites are Salazzle and Midday Lycanroc. Used both on my first Gen 7 playthrough back when Sun and Moon came out and loved them ever since. Both have great designs and are decently strong as well.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen today
The Rowlet line: one of my favorite starters of all time for its design, typing and concept.
Salazzle: A special attacker with high speed (high speed, in Alola, for real) with an unique typing that makes it great against Steel and Fairy.
Palossand: Loved the sand castle concept. Pretty risky to use but amazing against certain types.
Toucannon: Cool signature move and so fun to use with Skill Link.
Alolan Ninetales: One of the best regional forms.

Years
Ribombee. Cute, fast special attacker (my favorite type of stat distribution). With ket moves like sticky web, quiver dance, baton pass, and pollen puff.

mimikyu. MVP of it's home gen before its ability got a nerf. Fast, strong, surprisingly versitile, and adorable.

primarina. Fairy is my favorite type. Primarina is beautiful and has a cool signiture z-move that looks like a spirit bomb. The idea of singing that controls bubbles is cool. I can see having on in real life.

oricorio. Specifically the ghost and fire forms are great looking.

alolan ninetales. Beautiful. Probably my favorite variant form. And fairy/ice is cool. Way better than original ninetales in appearance.

Last edited:

Raj

Pokemon Master
Years
My favorite from Gen 7 would be Vikavolt, who was just a ton of fun throughout the game.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen today
Torracat. Likes most cat-like Pokemon. Looks tough and confident. Likens it to a fire-type Luxray (another favorite), but with a little less fur gel.

Duck

🦆 quack quack
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Feb 23, 2023
Probably Vikavolt or Incineroar.

Didn't quite play through Gen VII yet (though it's on the list) but I love their designs and using Vikavolt on Sword was fun at least.

Back