• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Feedback on The Multiverse!

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
    So I'm enjoying this new forum, but I'm finding that I don't often have the spare time to read through all the posts (some are quite long) and I want to give decent feedback, but I feel like I can't really since I didn't bother reading it all. You feel me?

Oh hell yeah I feel ya.
    I tend to not worry too much about reading all updates as they come out anymore because holy man thats a lot. But rather, I pick a world that I feel is interesting and just. Spend a while reading everything the creator has for it and thinking about it.
    I think too that like. If you read a bit and have questions or feedback about one particular idea, it's fine to skim the rest of the content for additions to that idea and then comment on it? One idea doesn't require a ton of reading. And also imo decent feedback doesn't need to equate to a lot of feedback! Just some pertinent questions and comments on what you feel works well or is interesting?

For me personally I'm not looking for an in-depth analysis of my work. I just want yall to ask questions so I can clarify or expand or change if necessary! And maybe comments about what seems to work and what doesn't. I don't need more than a sentence or two at a time ahaha.

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
    Years
    Personally, I find text that are broken up into many paragraphs relatively easier to read, than just one humongous wall of text

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
    Oh definitely. I also greatly prefer everything to be broken up in manageable chunks of post- like give me an index post with a concise table of contents and then have ya stuff in other posts rather than all in one. Easier for me to navigate and pause between sections etc

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
    Years
    Maybe thats part of the reason why some of the worlds here arent really appealing to me, not because they're bad or anything, but it's too text heavy, and just seeing them makes me check out different stuff

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
    That's legit tbh. Clarity and ease of reading is a huge "hook" along with any content- and one not really mentioned in traditional worldbuilding & storytelling methodology. Because they used to be all just in a book lmao.

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Aug 20, 2023
    So I wonder if this should be like A&D where you can come back and work on your thread anytime, or if threads will expire?

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
    So I wonder if this should be like A&D where you can come back and work on your thread anytime, or if threads will expire?
    Oh god, threads should absolutely not expire. Maybe at some point we're going to have to institute a claise that says non-creators can't revive a thread after x amount of time but. For the trial period here I don't think we should consider that.

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Aug 20, 2023
    Oh god, threads should absolutely not expire. Maybe at some point we're going to have to institute a claise that says non-creators can't revive a thread after x amount of time but. For the trial period here I don't think we should consider that.

Yeah I think only thread creators should be able to revive, or we'll end up with a bunch of threads with questions that will never get answered.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
    I would say other should be able to post/revive up to like two months and creators have no limit but. Like I said we don't really have to worry about that for a while. :)

Years
    Oh definitely. I also greatly prefer everything to be broken up in manageable chunks of post- like give me an index post with a concise table of contents and then have ya stuff in other posts rather than all in one. Easier for me to navigate and pause between sections etc

I wholeheartedly agree with this idea. A large block of text makes me sweat uncomfortably. But I can also sympathize with anyone who doesn't have a nice table with links to each section and post because that's a lot of work (and easy to mess up) and you've got to be pretty dang organized with your ideas to make it work well. I don't know about everyone else, but a lot of what I've done has been kinda write-as-I-go without too much thought to how my ideas are organized. Going back to tidy it up is daunting to say the least.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
    I decided to just have a simple index in my OP that is organized by content type. But none of my posts are really organized ahaha like you said it's kind of write-as-i-go. So like i have two pokedex sections but between them is city overviews and citations so if you just read straight through my thread it's... kind of a disaster.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024

What if we had a subforum for "completed worlds"? Sort of like FF&W's archive but still open for people to edit and post and run events in. So more like the "Games Showcase" in Game Dev, while the main forum and the discussion threads would constitute the "Progressing Games" equivalent.

Obviously it's hard to say when a world is finished or not, and you might never feel like it's totally complete. But if you could go through the 30 days list (or a condensed version) as a check list or otherwise feel like your world is fully functional, you could ask to get it moved to the subforum. Maaaybe in the future with some moderator judgment in between, if that would seem necessary. That would give you something to strive for, a sense of accomplishment, and a little hub for basing events on functional/completed worlds in. Instead of letting the projects you feel like you're done with fade away down the index.

i kind of had this thought and presented it elsewhere, but this is where it should be brought up obviously <3

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
    Okay so would completed games be open for comments and feedback still? Just they'd be able to be seen as a completed resource and the subforum would be made to show threads from the beginning of time?

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Okay so would completed games be open for comments and feedback still? Just they'd be able to be seen as a completed resource and the subforum would be made to show threads from the beginning of time?

I'd personally want my world to be able to be commented on still, if I were to make one. I think that'd be cool. :)
    That's the idea! Just treating the main forum as a nebula where we are the world builders, and the subforum as the open multiverse where we are the gods overseeing our worlds. I never quite knew why we weren't able to comment on completed fics either tbh.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
    I'd like that too, then, if it was still open to comments and updating! maybe not right now, but as we find ourselves with more finished stuff.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    How to define "completed" could be a challenge too though d:

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Aug 20, 2023
    I think when your world has all the essentials, (Geography, Races, History, ect.) It could be considered complete. Of course, you can still post and edit a completed world, to make it "More complete"

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
    Maybe even as little as "I'm done working on this for the foreseeable future and I'd like it archived" could be chill?

Back