• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen ferrothorn vs lilligant

eh?

• ferrothorn

Votes: 4 28.6%
  • lilligant

Votes: 10 71.4%

• Total voters

KorpiklaaniVodka

KID BUU PAWAA
    Years
    ferro is a grass/steel pokemon with access to a very good support movepool plus a decent attack stat combined with high-powered moves to destroy the opposition.

lilligant is a pure grass pokemon with quiver dance, sleep powder and enough special attack to threaten opposing teams after one boost or so.

which one do you prefer and why? what's your opinion on the other?

though be honest, admit ferro is better in competitive

Last edited:

Dragon

lover of milotics
    Years
    Competitive wise, I'd choose Ferrothorn because his utility and bulk makes it really reliable to pivot switch into a lot of pokemon. Lilligant I would choose for my own personal preference because I do love the artwork, and it's actually quite strong using moves such as Sleep Powder, Quiver Dance, and Giga Drain.

Good stuff!

Years
    As our multi-section modlord said, Ferrothorn is better from a competitive aspect but I personally love Lilligant's design better. She also has some really good tricks up her sleeve, such as Sleep Powder, Quiver Dance and also, unlike most Pokemon with the Own Tempo ability, can actually make use of the ability well thanks to Petal Dance's confusion side-effect being blocked by the ability. Oh, and she has Giga Drain for good damage and healing as well.

So looking in the big picture, both Grass-types have their positives.

Last edited:

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
    Years
    In my Unova Grass Monotype Lilligant was the star of my team and I really like her design too.

Ferrothorn was useful in the aforementioned Monotype and got some use but the design doesn't impress me.

I give this one to the Flowering Pokemon.

Drayton

Chilled Dude of The Elite Four
    Years
    • He/They/Them
    • Seen Feb 21, 2024
    Ferrothorn was decent at OU tier with various movepool at it's disposal and it could use curse to power up Gyroball also can spore it with leech seed. While Lilligant decent speed and special attack with quiver dance it make very deadly also tatter dance makes every opposing easily confused expect with own tempo

GiovanniViridian

A World Of Pain!
    Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2023
    Lilligant since it was in my B2 team. I loved that flower princess with the deadly Own Tempo + Petal Dance combo.

Years
    Ferrothorn is definitely the better competitive Pokémon, but I kind of prefer Lilligant — mostly because she doesn't show up enough in competitive battles to annoy me like Ferrothorn does. Her having Petal Dance and Own Tempo is pretty cool, too; combine that with Quiver Dance, Sleep Powder and Teeter Dance and you've got something deadly.

FireSnow

Show me that Fighting Spirit
    Years
    I personally am not a fan of either or don't really have a major opinion as I've never used them competitively or in-game. Looking at them both though and having experience battling against ferrothorn competitively, I choose Ferrothorn because I see how useful it is, the great typing and stats and I actually like its design somewhat. Lilligant seems great but that single Grass typing does not do it for me personally.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    oh yeah, that's something that I should ues in my 2nd White playthrough.....whenever the **** I get around to that: Liligant, especially since you can catch Petitilil in White.

I'm not exactly into either of them, but Ferro's obviously the better competitive Pokemon, though neither of them is bad

inksplashed-heart

mimikyu stan
    Years
    • Seen Jul 9, 2021
    In-game, Lilligant is a beast. She sweeps so well Sleep Powder + Quiver Dance (x however many times you want to risk the opponent waking up) + Petal Dance. She took out quite a few Elite Four Pokemon that way.

She just needs to be fast enough to Sleep Powder first.

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2018
    Liligant only because she is such a good pokemon for catching other pokemon

Also I don't like ferroseed/thorn's design

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2023
    I gotta choose ferrothorn! I always loved that little strickler, that thing can be the most annoying Pokemon to go against but can be a nuisance to the other team when you have him. He's one of my favorite Pokemon in Gen 5 and I'd even go as far to say one of my favorite Pokemon of all time. He's not the best looking thing in the world, but hey it's not always the looks that count! However, if ferrothorn went up against lilligant, ferrothorn would probably lose because of quiver dance and hp fire. Poor fella

Adam Levine

[color=#ffffff][font="Century Gothic"]I have tried
    Years
    Ferrothorn is great. It has Iron Barbs, Gyro Ball, great defenses, and a type that tempts many to use physical moves.

Lilligant, on the other hand, is kinda the opposite. Sure, it has Quiver Dance, but what good is it compared to Ferrothorn's great defenses? Also, Sleep Powder doesn't work on Grass-types anymore, so Lilligant falls flat most of the time. Also, it has a shallow movepool compared to Ferrothorn, gaining access to barely any moves that are usable. Toxic? Cliche. Petal Dance? Will it actually even scratch Ferrothorn? Sleep Powder? Even Yawn can top that. is better. Quiver Dance? Volcarona does the same thing.

Arylett Charnoa

No one in particular.
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jan 5, 2023
    I don't play competitive, so I'll go with Lilligant based purely on design. It's such a beautiful Pokemon that really resonates with me. I kind of identify with it and see it as a potential Pokesona. The color scheme also contributes. A combination of green, red, and white is really quite pretty-looking, actually. (See Gardevoir) And it's just graceful and feminine, but not... in that sort of out-of-reach way stoic that Gardevoir is. Lilligant seems more cute and accessible, being shorter-looking and appearing to have more of a spunky personality.

As for Ferrothorn... I don't personally care for its design. I don't hate it... but I don't like it either. It's just kind of "meh." I'm sure I'd enjoy using it in battle though. I like tanky Pokemon.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    I don't play competitively so I can't really say from that perspective but if I had to choose one for my in-game team I'd probably go with Lilligant. Although Ferrothorn has an interesting typing I prefer Lilligant's design.

Back