• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

First Game

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    What is the first Pokémon game we have ever played? Do we still play it to this day? Do any of us still have the cartridge?

Years
  • My first one was Diamond. I got rid of it when I was not as into Pokemon, then I got Platinum and SoulSilver. Several years later I got White, which I think I lost. Then I got back into Pokemon I got black and black 2. Then all of gen 6.

Fannie

Don't let my milk go lumpy
    Years
    • Age 32
    • UK
    • Seen Dec 31, 2016
    The first game I owned was Yellow but Blue was the first I played. It seduced me with it's pixels. Mmmmm...

Reactions: EC
    Years
  • For me it was Ruby. I got it for my 11th birthday alongside a GBA SP and I literally played the heck out of this game, because I had been a Pokemon fan for years and had never played an official Pokemon game until that moment.

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    First game I ever played was gold, I still have it and as far as I know it still works. I never play it anymore though I rather play hg in its place.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • My first game was Blue which I still have the cartridge for. Haven't touched it in years so I can't exactly say for sure it even works anymore.

Sirfetch’d

My mom bought me Blue as my first game! I wasn't even sure what Pokemon was but my mom thought I would like it and was she ever right! Though I don't think that she had the slightest idea I would be playing it nearly 20 years later.... I no longer have the game as I believe it completely stopped working. I am looking into investing in an unopened one to display where I can always hold on to a piece of my life.

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
  • First one I played was Yellow! The first one I owned was Blue. I still have my old Blue cartridge and even the Game Boy Color I played it on, but I can't get past the main menu--it just glitches out after that. I haven't even played any 1st gen games in a while, so once they come out for the Nintendo E-Shop, I'll be playing them for the first time in, gosh, decades o.o

Vindra

Years
    • Seen Sep 4, 2017
    My first game was Blue. I don't remember how I even got it... I think it might have been a birthday or Christmas present, because I certainly wouldn't have had money to buy it myself. I have misplaced the cartridge for the time being but I think it's around here somewhere... Not sure if it still works though, it's been so long since I played it!

Drayton

Chilled Dude of The Elite Four
    Years
    • He/They/Them
    • Seen Feb 21, 2024
    The first game was Gold/Silver and played it, but sadly couldn't finish because I wasn't very much understanding the mechanic in pokemon;

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2024
    Red was my first game I ever played. Sadly though I haven't had it in forever but I'm really excited to play the old games as I've been wanting to do so for awhile now.

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
    Years
  • It was Pokémon Yellow for me, albeit it was when I borrowed it from my cousin's Gameboy Color, and I haven't played it for quite long now, given that it's not my belonging.

Sirenita55

Team Popplio!
    Years
    • Seen Aug 9, 2018
    Pokemon Red! Best Christmas present ever :) I do indeed still have my cartridge!

Years
    • Seen Jul 2, 2023
    My first game was Red. I bought it for myself in August '99, and I still have the cartridge. The battery still worked as last I checked, though I believed I dumped my team into storage on Stadium or Stadium 2, as I thought those cartridges would hold out for longer. I still play it occasionally, but I haven't done much with it since I finished Stadium and Stadium 2. I'm looking forward to re-downloading it on Saturday, though!

Back