• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Sword & Shield] Galarian Forms wasted?

SceptileActual

Sceptile, The Forest Pokémon.
    Years
    The newly released leak confirms a galarian Mr Mime and a Darmanitan, which genuinely look horrible and not really remotely funny. Hopefully there are other galar forms that weren't wasted on hardly used/meme Pokemon. So far the only half decent galar form is Zigzagoon with the furry KISS Obstagoon, Ponyta and Farfetch'd. Galar Weezing and Stunfisk don't need an explaination.

But I don't know, thats just my opinion.
    Galar Flygon?

Attachments

• Galarian Forms wasted?
      galar.png
      523.4 KB · Views: 13
    Last edited:

PageEmp

No money puns. They just don’t make cents.
    Years
    I admit the new set of regional forms isn't as good as the gen7 guys, but I'd say it's not bad overall. I have many complaints though, specifically NORMAL/DARK AGAIN? WHY? I wanted anything BUT Dark! I'm sorry, but when I see something like this, I want to see something new. If we get a 3rd Normal/Dark regional variant of a 2 stage route 1 Normal mon once again that's immediately becoming one of my least favourites. It's just like with Fire/Fighting, except I thought they would have learnt from then.

So overall in regards to gen8 regional forms, I think there is 1 specific line I find to be amazing, another 1 or 2 decent, but almost everything else is just average or just bizarre.

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
    Years
    Other than Galarian Ponyta line I don't like any of them.

Giving Stunfisk and Mr Mime Galar forms seems such a waste and another normal/dark rodent isn't good either.

Kieran

the Blueberry Champion
    Years
    Welp people are going to be complaining one way or another. Remember when people were complaining about the UBs back in SMUSUM, they still grew on us end of the day.

I love the Galar Corsola and it's evolution definitely, as well as Zigzagoon line and I think the Galar Ponyta is cute.

To me if I don't like a Pokémon then I'll simply not have them in my team, I don't get complaining because it's not going to change anything.

pkmin3033

I'm not sure if "wasted" is the term I would use. More like "under-utilised" and "uninspired" because there aren't enough of them to really justify the concept and, surprise surprise, they're primarily Kanto-focused. I would have liked to have seen more, especially with new evolutions (although Mr. Rime can go and die in a fire) so that they actually felt like part of the region rather than the Pokemon equivalent of lazy palette swapped enemies. To me, "wasted" implies that they shouldn't be there at all, and I just think they need fleshing-out.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
    I don't think wasted should be used as above. But also, they aren't that Kanto heavy. I mean there is a number of them, but eh. I don't know why Meowth got yet another form. I think that was probably the most useless and really the only 'wasted' one.

I do think if they are going to include pokemon like Stantler or something, it needed to have a new form or an evolution. It would have been nice to see Sawsbuck, Then again, when was the last time we saw Stantler in the wild? I am kinda excited! But I still think it should have gotten a Galarian form.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 16, 2022
    I just wish there were a lot more of them. A good chunk of 30+ would be ideal

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    I don't think wasted should be used as above. But also, they aren't that Kanto heavy. I mean there is a number of them, but eh. I don't know why Meowth got yet another form. I think that was probably the most useless and really the only 'wasted' one.

I do think if they are going to include pokemon like Stantler or something, it needed to have a new form or an evolution. It would have been nice to see Sawsbuck, Then again, when was the last time we saw Stantler in the wild? I am kinda excited! But I still think it should have gotten a Galarian form.
    I mean, it is an improvement to Alola, which had 100% of Alolan forms given to Kanto Pokemon. But out of any gen, it's Kanto with the most representation, then Unova, then two other regions with only one species each. Three regions still with nothing. It's something, but more could be done. (A certain recent Daily article explores that subject some more. :V)

I do agree that we could have seen more of then (both in gen 7 - why no more in USUM??) and here. Oh well.

Years
    I like Galarian Weezing and Meowth (Not a huge fan of picking up again for a regional form though). I like Galarian Darumaka but my god Darmanitan is such a big disappointment for me, he deserved so much better. Same with Galarian Ponyta, I like it but I'm not sure to like his evolution.

Also why is Galarian Corsola so sad ? 😟

Last edited:
    Years
    solid 7.5ish/10

i like galarian darmanitan and galarian yamask certainly seems interesting. galarian ponyta, rapidash, and farfetch'd are the kind of pokemon im huge fans of. the more i look at galarian zigzagoon, the less i really care for it. same can be said for koffing/weezing, although the design is pretty clever. i feel indifferent towards stunfisk and mr. mime is... meh.

i mean dont get me wrong, i think i like more of the galarian forms more than not, but there were definitely some questionable choices.

Years
    I think they're all fine. I would love to see more (both in Galar and Alola), but what we got is good. Galarian Weezing is still the best design-wise imho, but I love how GF extended Corsola/Mareanie lore with Galarian Corsola.

I support GF's decision to give these forms to less popular Pokémon like Mr. Mime and Stunfisk. When was the last time you've used them?

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
    I am also a huge fan of Mr. Mime and Darmanitan forms, although to be fair, I'd probably hate them if they weren't ice type.

Back