• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Game Intro Movies - Which is your favourite?

Years
  • Introduction Movies

film-at-bond.jpg

It's time they didn't go unappreciated - share yours!

Most games have an introduction movie, usually accompanied by backing music. This is responsible for getting you into the right mood for the game and is often the first impression we receive. Which is game has YOUR favourite intro?
    Link a video if it helps. :D

.​

Mine would have to be Borderlands. I'm a big fan of the song and the video itself is so raw and comical. Here's a video - put in your headphones, turn up the volume, set it to fullscreen and off you go. :cer_nod:

A Pixy

Cruel?
    Years

• The song is so hilariously bad it's amazing, the animation and art are nothing short of perfect and seeing the new characters in relation to the old ones (Guile and Abel, Seth and M. Bison, Akuma and Gouken, Chun-Li and C. Viper) was really cool.

Also, you can't break the song's spirit.

Because it's indestructible.

Game Over1375

Hito-Shura is awesome
    Years
  • In my opinion, Super Smash Bros. Melee has the best intro movie EVER! The music is pure awesomeness, and the animations for each of the characters is nothing short of legendary.

Last edited:
    Years

• The song is so hilariously bad it's amazing, the animation and art are nothing short of perfect and seeing the new characters in relation to the old ones (Guile and Abel, Seth and M. Bison, Akuma and Gouken, Chun-Li and C. Viper) was really cool.

Also, you can't break the song's spirit.

Because it's indestructible.
    Is it wrong that I actually enjoyed that song immensely? :P
    In my opinion, Super Smash Bros. Melee has the best intro movie EVER! The music is pure awesomeness, and the animations for each of the characters is nothing short of legendary.
    That's definitely up there in my top 10. :D I loved it. :cer_nod:

Here's another that I'm a big fan of. It's the intro to Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep. That and Borderlands are probably the only two video I watch every time I start the game.

vaibhavAtomic

a legendary legend!
    Years
  • Grand Theft Auto
    San Andreas!
    *excellent music!
    *Good intro!

Assasins Creed
    Brother hood
    Ulitimate graphics!
    Best game!
    dont play it
    you will lose your worlds!

Assasins Creed
    Brother hood
    Ulitimate graphics!
    Best game!
    dont play it

Last edited:
    Years
  • Openings to Civilization IV and Civilization IV: Warlords.

Opening is inspirational and the song performed is quality.

Opening really gives a sense as to what the expansion was about. The music used, ironically, was a love song, though one of the lines, translated from the original language of the song into English, translates as such: "If they do not give you to me, I will tear down the high mountains," so, basically, I guess their implication is that the war in the video was fought over a woman, bahahahaha.

Oh, and the Civilization III intro really gives a sense of progression through the ages.

Another video I like is the Sim City 3000 Unlimited intro video. A very, very amusing one.

Years
  • TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
  • Super Smash Bros. Melee. That got me so hyped to press start and just start playing.

Rare's N64 games had some good intros too.

Uecil

[img]https://i.ibb.co/4jfYrCT/tHdpHUB.png[/img]
    Years
  • Grand Theft Auto

Assasins Creed
    Brother hood
    Ulitimate graphics!
    Best game!
    dont play it

This ^ I totally agree and Fable's intro really grabbed my attention when I first played it:

It was like different stories, but with the same character. Just in one intro.

Always loved this one. It makes me feel nostalgic just watching it.

Last edited:

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • For the longest time, I didn't know you could skip the intro to Tales of the Abyss. But you know what? I didn't wanna skip it... :)

Got me soooo pumped up to play it every time haha. I was really addicted to this game back in January/February and I still can't believe my luck in finding it.

{Swan}

I Never Asked For This.
    Years

• I have yet to see an intro that grabs you quite like Uncharted 2 did. You arrive in the middle of the story, in a train that is hanging over a cliff, and have to climb your way out. It really had me from the beginning, and is also such a great way to really show you exactly what Uncharted is all about. I included the gameplay as well because it is just as much part of it as the cutscene.

After this every time a train was mentioned in the game I'd go "OH GOD, OH GOD, THE TRAIN".

Years
  • Shin Megami Tensei: Digital Devil Saga I is probably my favorite. It's dark and dystopian, yet the song balances it out nicely. Not to mention the quote at the beginning is very... haunting.

Hypno

OT: Eggaro
    Years
  • I don't have a number 1 favorite, but this one so far of the games that I've played on this current gen.

Killzone 2​

Years
  • I almost always find myself watching the Persona 4 opening when I play it. I like the animation and the song's pretty catchy. It's hard to skip!

The other P4 opening bores the everloving crap out of me though. If gameplay footage counts as an opening, anyway.

I also really like the Chrono Cross opening because the music is epic. I was gonna post that too if no one else had. :p

Kotowari

Will be back eventually
    Years
  • Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn (Extended version)

To watch this in a dark room on the big screen with the music loud is just *v* It always gets me eager to play. :'D I wish they would have dropped the artwork presentations and just added more animation. |D

The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess (GC version)

I just love the the feelings that this opening expresses. The Loneliness of Twilight, the eeriness of the threat, the beauty of Hyrule and the serenity of it all. And the wolf cry is just the right finishing touch. :'D

Back