• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen GARBODOR WANTS REVENGE.

Do you like Garbodor?

• Yes

Votes: 13 65.0%
  • No

Votes: 7 35.0%

• Total voters

KorpiklaaniVodka

KID BUU PAWAA
    Years
    GARBODOR WANTS REVENGE.

Garbodor is a Pokemon that nobody seems to like, due to his design and awful movepool. I wanna ask you guys if you share the same thoughts, because I sure don't.

I used to hate him until recently, when I found out how cool he actually is. Garbodor has a mighty STAB Gunk Shot that will penetrate anything that doesn't resist it, considering Garbodor has a decent base 95 attack stat. For God's sake, it hits harder than Electivire's Wild Charge, Gyarados's Waterfall and Sawsbuck's Return. Of course, I can hear you "but it only has 70% accuracy! (or 80% if you're playing XY)"... however, that doesn't really seem to concern me. Also, Garbodor can use Drain Punch to hit Steel-types that give him some trouble, and launch Spikes and Toxic Spikes to your opponent's field to put further pressure on him/her. And even special attacks aren't useless on him, since Thunderbolt was actually one of the main reasons he got banned from PU. Then 75 base Speed is not awful in-game nor competitively, considering you guys like Emboar and Reuniclus... which are much slower.

Then I warmed up to its design as well, since it feels like a new, original concept (unlike Eeveelutions). Garbodor is a Pokemon that heavily contributes to the overall sanity of the Pokemon world.

What do you think about Garbodor?

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    tbh I think Garbodor, as well as Trubbish for that matter, are pretty adorable and I had fun using him back when I did my Hall of Fame Challenge in White. I think his name was Cutie even, haha.

pkmin3033

I have nothing against Garbodor in particular. It's not as worthless or ugly as some other Pokemon I can think of in the fifth generation - the elemental monkeys, Throh and Sawk, the lazily recoloured Kami trio - but it's not as awesome as, say, Golurk, or Lilligant, or Meloetta. It's a comfortable "in the middle" Pokemon for me in that I like its design and think it's fairly creative, but it isn't something I'd really stand up and proclaim as one of my favourite Pokemon ever, or use unless I was feeling a little crazy.

In short: I've seen worse than Garbodor, both in and out of the fifth gen.

Years
    Its a steaming smelly pile of filth and rubbish. So no
    Judging by its face even it hates itself.
    Trubbish is as bad it looks like a dog poo bag, Yuk!!!
    I also doubt that if pokemon was real any trainers would have one, in fact the local environmental health authority would be doing their best to keep them out of the way of the public!!!

KorpiklaaniVodka

KID BUU PAWAA
    Years
    I also doubt that if pokemon was real any trainers would have one, in fact the local environmental health authority would be doing their best to keep them out of the way of the public!!!

If Pokemon was real, I would seriously sue the autorithies if they dared to ban Garbodor from the public. They would need to understand that Garbodor is a freakin' Pokemon just like Eevee or Weavile or Scizor. Not only would they commit a double standard, but they would also hurt Garbodor's image even more.

pkmin3033

If Pokemon were real, I'd expect Garbodor would be both widespread and actually fairly popular to a point; as it eats waste, it would be extremely useful at landfill sites...or for bin men. Of course, if there was one wandering around on the streets there would likely be hell to pay, but economically speaking it's a very useful Pokemon to have around.

Years
    If Pokemon were real, I'd expect Garbodor would be both widespread and actually fairly popular to a point; as it eats waste, it would be extremely useful at landfill sites...or for bin men. Of course, if there was one wandering around on the streets there would likely be hell to pay, but economically speaking it's a very useful Pokemon to have around.

Yes quite so, thats assuming that the waste conversion was environmentally friendly (i.e When Garbodoe eats rubbish, it doesn't expel harmful toxic fumes or high levels of Co2 etc).

Years
    Turkey from Marriland's Black Wedlocke. That is all.

To put that in a bit of perspective, a Garbodor was shoehorned onto his team after his Carracosta suddenly died on Route 10, and he REALLY didn't want to use it, but he knew it was what he needed for Marshal since his team was horribly weak to Fighting. Once the time came for Marshal, Turkey managed to solo him and not even need Rest for it (which he forgot to get before entering the Elite Four), and with Shauntal she managed to knock off two of his Special Defense boosts with her very first Pokémon, but his partner, Chickadee the Sawsbuck, helped quite well. And with N and Ghetsis it held up quite good too - it may have succumbed in the latter fight, but Chickadee went on a serious rampage and tore through Ghetsis' remaining team members.

After that, I hope to get to use a Garbodor someday, but i've never found room to fit it on my team. One of these days, though.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    From a purely design standpoint, no, I don't like Garbodor. I love Gen 5, I like a lot of Pokemon from it. Garbodor is not one of them.

How it fares in battle is a another story. I've never used one before, so I can't really comment on that side of things.

Drayton

Chilled Dude of The Elite Four
    Years
    • He/They/Them
    • Seen Feb 21, 2024
    The design and stats is ok, but the movepool aside from powerful gunk shot it's just terrible and... Weak Armor just to get some speed with sacrificing defense for that.. nyah

Years
    I like the idea that Trubbish and Garbodor are based on dust bunnies I only wished they made their appearance a little bit more like a bunny. I never had a problem with Garbodor it is not prettiest pokemon but I think a few pokemon look worse than Garbodor, however I like the expression of Trubbish & Garbodor faces.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    I'm indifferent about it. Not a fan, but I don't hate it. I also find that fanart can do wonders about one's opinion of a Pokemon, haha. There's some cute pictures out there.

Foxrally

[img]http://i.imgur.com/omi0jS3.gif[/img]
    Years
    Trubbish and Garbodor are absolutely Garbadorable. Aside from the farting noise they make in Black/White, I absolutely love them. My love for him began when I started playing Trubbish a lot in Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Gates to Infinity. He's just so derpy it's impossible not to love him.

Gligar

Bruhfication Sayan
    Years
    Garbodor looks like a perfect 360 no scope person to me! He just looks so idiotic it makes me actually like him.

After a while, I began seeing trubbish kinda, cute. Now my worst nightmare is to see Garbador as cute. I would despise the day that would happen.

CoffeeDrink

GET WHILE THE GETTIN'S GOOD
    Years
    As a user of the Poison type, I feel like I am obligated to take it in, so to speak, because the Poison type is, I think, the most underrated type in the game. Garbodor has some decent stats and a nice pool of Poison type moves to choose from and I think it could see more use.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I could appreciate the reasoning behind Garbodor, generally speaking.

If I'm not wrong, Garbodor was meant to be the fifth generation version of Muk, and I liked seeing them attempting a throwback like this. Have I personally liked this Pokémon, however? I would have to no on that question, unfortunately.

To me, its design seemed to have been a little over-done, which is one thing that made me keep away from it. On top of that, it wasn't very great when it came to battling, either (for in-game, it's a-OK, but not competitive), which made me dislike the Pokémon even more. It would've been nice if they had put more thought, I feel.

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen yesterday
    Garbodor is one of these Pokes that I don't really care too much. I suppose, if I ever used one, I'd actually start liking it, because that's what happened with most gen 5 Pokemon I used in the past (which also includes the Vanillite line).

Charlie Brown

[font=lato]coolcoolcool[/font]
    Years
    I've never used Garbodor in battle for some reason but I absolutely love Garbodor (and Trubbish). I can sort of see why some people might not be a fan of its design or might think it looks trashy or whatever but I think they both look adorable. There's just something about its smile that makes me like it a lot haha.

Years
    Turkey from Marriland's Black Wedlocke. That is all.

To put that in a bit of perspective, a Garbodor was shoehorned onto his team after his Carracosta suddenly died on Route 10, and he REALLY didn't want to use it, but he knew it was what he needed for Marshal since his team was horribly weak to Fighting. Once the time came for Marshal, Turkey managed to solo him and not even need Rest for it (which he forgot to get before entering the Elite Four), and with Shauntal she managed to knock off two of his Special Defense boosts with her very first Pokémon, but his partner, Chickadee the Sawsbuck, helped quite well. And with N and Ghetsis it held up quite good too - it may have succumbed in the latter fight, but Chickadee went on a serious rampage and tore through Ghetsis' remaining team members.

After that, I hope to get to use a Garbodor someday, but i've never found room to fit it on my team. One of these days, though.

Never forget Turkey. He pretty much changed my whole opinion on Garbodor itself thanks to his amazing performance on the team in the final battles.

Garbodor is still one of my least fave 5th Gen Pokemon because it looked ugly, and its stats were very wonky (having a high Attack stat and not learning any physical STAB other than Gunk Shot) but it does have an interesting movepool. Sadly I never used one on my team because I always had better options.

Back