• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Graphics: Gen VI: DS-Style 64x64 Pokemon Sprite Resource

Years
    • Seen Jan 22, 2017
    Hey all! I'm back to make another submission!
    The current Greninja sprite looks... off.......so I made a new one, which you can see here:

matdemo159.deviantart/art/Greninja-Sprite-64x64-575318580?ga_submit_new=10%253A1448859774&ga_type=edit&ga_changes=1&ga_recent=1

I still can't post links, so make sure to copy-paste the URL, then add the (dot)com after deviantart.

This sprite doesn't quite live up to my own quality standards due to the hands and feet, but I couldn't find a way to make it better. If any of you feel like you could do better and fix them, while still keeping them in proportion, by all means, go ahead.

destinedjagold

I do not exist.
    Years
    • Seen today
    The current Greninja sprite looks... off.......so I made a new one, which you can see here:

matdemo159.deviantart/art/Greninja-Sprite-64x64-575318580?ga_submit_new=10%253A1448859774&ga_type=edit&ga_changes=1&ga_recent=1

I still can't post links, so make sure to copy-paste the URL, then add the (dot)com after deviantart.

This sprite doesn't quite live up to my own quality standards due to the hands and feet, but I couldn't find a way to make it better. If any of you feel like you could do better and fix them, while still keeping them in proportion, by all means, go ahead.

For the lazy...
    Gen VI: DS-Style 64x64 Pokemon Sprite Resource

Your sprite actually looks nice. :3

thedarkdragon11

New World Pirate
    Years

Nice sprite man! I hope in the future you can make one for those Mega Evolutions or Primal Reversions which are not yet made...

Years
    • Seen Jan 22, 2017
    Thanks! Aside from the hands and feet, the tongue-scarf and eyes were really hard to get the shape just right. Hopefully I've contributed to the resource. Maybe I'll work on one those megas next...

By the way, I was scrolling through some of the older posts and saw sprites of a lot of the megas/primals we are currently missing being rejected due to wrong style, poor quality, etc. and was wondering if it would it be ok to use those as a base.

(Please someone fix my Greninja sprite every time I look at the hands and feet I cringe)

guysguysguys this has nothing to do with the thread and I've posted three times in a row and it might seem like I'm spamming (please don't ban me) and this is gonna sound like tumblr and I'm sorry for all that but just... LOOK AT THIS MASTERPIECE

THIS IS OFFICIAL ART I CAN'T STOP LAUGHING

Last edited by a moderator:

thedarkdragon11

New World Pirate
    Years
    Thanks! Aside from the hands and feet, the tongue-scarf and eyes were really hard to get the shape just right. Hopefully I've contributed to the resource. Maybe I'll work on one those megas next...

By the way, I was scrolling through some of the older posts and saw sprites of a lot of the megas/primals we are currently missing being rejected due to wrong style, poor quality, etc. and was wondering if it would it be ok to use those as a base.

I believe it's ok, provided that you will credit the maker of the base used... The sprites that I submitted, you can freely modify them anytime, just please credit those whom I credited (crediting me is obviously unnecessary)...

P.S.: I think you should merge your consecutive posts into one and delete the other two... You can freely edit and delete your posts using the button on the bottom-right of your post...

Last edited:
    Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    @fridave; I've merged your posts. This is a reminder that consecutive posting is against the rules so please try not to do it! If you think you might get banned because of spamming (which you wouldn't be, in this case) before making the post, it's better to use the edit function to add any additional information to your previous one. :)

Years
    • Seen Jan 22, 2017
    @Kirby Thanks. I'll do that

@thedarkdragon11 I did modify the mega Houndoom sprite a while back (I think it's made by MrDollSteak, since I don't see it in the credits) with some minor claw edits and pallet changes to better work with the shiny sprite. Here it is again:

(I can post images now! Yay!)

Last edited:

thedarkdragon11

New World Pirate
    Years
    @thedarkdragon11 I did modify the mega Houndoom sprite a while back (I think it's made by MrDollSteak, since I don't see it in the credits) with some minor claw edits and pallet changes to better work with the shiny sprite. Here it is again:

Yeah. I already saw that one... Maybe you should also try those which are not yet done such as Mega Aggron, Mega Diancie, etc...

Lance32497

LanceKoijer of Pokemon_Addicts
    Years
    I know someone had requested it but rejected, I can't get why Pikachu contest sprites aren't included in this resource and will not be accepted. I think those are, I guess, still part of not just the game but also the series. Anyway this resource is great!

thedarkdragon11

New World Pirate
    Years
    I know someone had requested it but rejected, I can't get why Pikachu contest sprites aren't included in this resource and will not be accepted. I think those are, I guess, still part of not just the game but also the series. Anyway this resource is great!

Maybe because they are just Event-exclusive Pokémons just like Spiky-ear Pichu, Pikachu-colored Pichu, Special Vivillons and Eternal Flower Floette... Even Vivillon and Furfrou forms and Inactive Xerneas are not planned to be included so I think it's just fair...

Maybe soon we can make another thread for them or post them in Quick Resource thread should someone make or recolor sprites for them...

Years
    • Seen Jan 22, 2017
    Yeah. I already saw that one... Maybe you should also try those which are not yet done such as Mega Aggron, Mega Diancie, etc...
    Didn't you submit mega Diance and a few other megas a few days ago? Speaking of which, I wanted to say a few things. For starters, they look really good! But then there's the big problem. I think the hardest part of making a mega sprite is that almost every mega has extra appendages and other oddities that make them take up more space: M-Alakazam's spoons, M-Tyranitar's horn, M-Medicham's ribbons, etc. Because most of the non-mega sprites are already 64x64, taking up all of the available sprite space, making a mega sprite while keeping the size of the main body consistent is really tough. I'll use your M-Alakazam sprite as an example: because you have to leave room for the spoons, the body gets shrunk down as a result, and M-Alakazam look much smaller than regular Alakazam.

EDIT: So I looked up Alakazam's size, and it turns out that Mega Alakazam actually is a foot shorter than normal Alakazam! That aside, my point still stands.

thedarkdragon11

New World Pirate
    Years
    Didn't you submit mega Diance and a few other megas a few days ago? Speaking of which, I wanted to say a few things. For starters, they look really good! But then there's the big problem. I think the hardest part of making a mega sprite is that almost every mega has extra appendages and other oddities that make them take up more space: M-Alakazam's spoons, M-Tyranitar's horn, M-Medicham's ribbons, etc. Because most of the non-mega sprites are already 64x64, taking up all of the available sprite space, making a mega sprite while keeping the size of the main body consistent is really tough. I'll use your M-Alakazam sprite as an example: because you have to leave room for the spoons, the body gets shrunk down as a result, and M-Alakazam look much smaller than regular Alakazam.

EDIT: So I looked up Alakazam's size, and it turns out that Mega Alakazam actually is a foot shorter than normal Alakazam! That aside, my point still stands.

Thanks for the tips! Yes, I did a Mega Diancie before but my sprites are still subject for QC and of course, MrDS' judgment... It also still has no back sprite (somebody did contribute a front and back sprite before but in wrong colors and size, hence, not accepted)... Anyone can still contribute better sprites...

About Mega Alakazam, yes I find it hard to find out what should be his size because aside from it should be smaller, it is usually sitting in its available poses and if the spoons should also be included in its size... :3c

Years
    • Seen Jan 22, 2017
    I think a guy named capylus submitted a mega Alakazam sprite a while back and although it was the wrong style, it had a really simple but effective way of making sure the spoons didn't take up half the sprite: put the spoons behind M-Alakazam's head. If you can resize your M-Alakazam to be about 56x56 and put the spoons at the top of the sprite with M-Alakazam overlapping, I'm sure it would look AMAZING. If you don't want to edit it, I'll take a crack at it (I suck at re-sizing though)

Lance32497

LanceKoijer of Pokemon_Addicts
    Years
    Maybe because they are just Event-exclusive Pokémons just like Spiky-ear Pichu, Pikachu-colored Pichu, Special Vivillons and Eternal Flower Floette... Even Vivillon and Furfrou forms and Inactive Xerneas are not planned to be included so I think it's just fair...

Maybe soon we can make another thread for them or post them in Quick Resource thread should someone make or recolor sprites for them...

*sigh* but do you know or have those sprites? 64x64 and indexed sprite of 5 contest Pikachu

thedarkdragon11

New World Pirate
    Years
    I think a guy named capylus submitted a mega Alakazam sprite a while back and although it was the wrong style, it had a really simple but effective way of making sure the spoons didn't take up half the sprite: put the spoons behind M-Alakazam's head. If you can resize your M-Alakazam to be about 56x56 and put the spoons at the top of the sprite with M-Alakazam overlapping, I'm sure it would look AMAZING. If you don't want to edit it, I'll take a crack at it (I suck at re-sizing though)

Yes he did... Actually, the Mega Alakazam sprite that I recently submitted is based from his sprite (except for the face and spoons)... Though I did resize the body not in 56x56 canvas... Maybe I'll try next time as I'm busy...

*sigh* but do you know or have those sprites? 64x64 and indexed sprite of 5 contest Pikachu

I saw sprites in Google Images but not in 64x64...

Years
    • Seen Jan 22, 2017
    I downloaded, the entire sheet of Kalos Pokemon, and I noticed that some of the sprites differ between the individual downloads and the complete set. (e.g. Meowstic's backsprite.) This should probably be fixed.

What could this be? ;)

Last edited:
    Back