• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Gender race v12: a new beginning

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today

M$ sure made sure to gatekeep their new OS. My work PC isn't that old and it is still not supported; at least the CPU isn't. I should probably be happy. Then again, Windows 10 just sucks as much.

Glad I'm not actively running Windows at home.

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    Tbf I need a new laptop anyway, but W10 does everything I need.

Win 7 does everything I need if I'm really honest...
    Even Win XP would be enough for most people, tbh. There's a reason why it stuck around for the amount of time it did.
    Kinda wish they'd still support and sell win 7.... 😢
    It was a pretty solid OS. Though, arguably, a lot of that feeling also came from Vista being very bad. It's easy to look competent if your predecessor wasn't up to speed. xD

I think the longest I've used a Windows OS (apart from my work pc which is stuck with Win10) might have been XP. I didn't actually use Win7 for that long. And at the time when Win10 came out it was so unusable that I fully switched to Linux. Win10 has gotten a lot better, though!

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    I nearly said 98 or xp but I didn't wanna seem ancient 🙃

XP was truly revolutionary imo.

How about Win95? That was actually my first computer ever. My father gave it to me after he bought himself a PC with WinME. Unfortunately, it lost its life during a thunderstorm...

Back then video game demos were still a thing. That and weird 90s indie games, as well as even weirder games made by different brands as a means to advertise their product. I've played a lot of bad games during that period. xD

Years

How about Win95? That was actually my first computer ever. My father gave it to me after he bought himself a PC with WinME. Unfortunately, it lost its life during a thunderstorm...

Back then video game demos were still a thing. That and weird 90s indie games, as well as even weirder games made by different brands as a means to advertise their product. I've played a lot of bad games during that period. xD

95 was Pokémon Red/Blue. It was awesome. 98 was Pokémon Gold/Silver... the improvements were very real!

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today

We actually had an SNES. Most of the time we were just playing Super Bomberman 2 and Pokemon Gold on the Super Gameboy adapter...

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    I didn't have a SNES at the time, I had a Sega Megadrive... I regret nothing!
    What games did you play on it?

I remember some relative having a Megadrive. They had a Sonic game, some Smurf game and a game that looked awfully close to TLoZ (which turns out to be called "Soleil" or "Crusader of Centy" and which also seems to be quite valuable nowadays).

Years

Oh my, soooo many! Puzzlers, rpgs, even some sports games believe it or not!
    Spoiler:

I spent an awful lot of time with sonic, golden axe, shinobi and streets of rage though! SoR actually had a pretty big impact on me (long story!) and I'm planning on getting a Blaze Fielding tattoo pretty soon!

Oh and Road Rash was criminally good tbh.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back