• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: General Roleplay Discussion Thread "the RPD" (archived)

Status
Not open for further replies.

タイラー

Stress
    Years
    • Seen Dec 18, 2014
    lol my schedule will be open for a few months, ima try to be the first one to put up a SU >:D

jombii

[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][SIZE=4][COLOR=#00b05
    Years
    @Kurobat: Welcome back! If you're looking for a new RP that hasn't started yet, then come check out Fire Emblem: The Rift War. As the name suggests, it's based on the Fire Emblem series, but it has a completely original plot in an original world. There's gonna be a lot of action, drama, and fun. Songbird and I are also about to post a reimagining of Vale Institute of Magic. It's a little bit like Harry Potter (magic school), but in a much more realistic and modern setting. And if those don't sound like your cup of tea, then there should be plenty of recently posted RPs, like Tinted, that you could check out.

I'm not really familiar with the series eh. Does that require a knowledge about FE or will we learn whatever we need during the course of the RP? I'm iffy on submitting SU's on already-made worlds as it requires me to read up somehow on the game/world.

Geras

Roleplayer
    Years
    I'm not really familiar with the series eh. Does that require a knowledge about FE or will we learn whatever we need during the course of the RP? I'm iffy on submitting SU's on already-made worlds as it requires me to read up somehow on the game/world.

You don't really need to know anything about Fire Emblem to join the RP as it takes place in an original world, and the intro post gives you just about all the information you need. I joined knowing almost nothing about the series. I did end up doing some research of my own but that was only really to satisfy my obsessive "Am I doing this right?" feeling I get when I write SUs. You shouldn't have too much to worry about, I don't think.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    He seems like quite the adventurer ;)
    (this is Doctor/Red's Hawt Chibi Pelippers btw, in case someone didn't realize)

Which brings me to a topic I've been wondering about. Did you sign up on PC to RP or did you find the RPCorner later on?

SV

See You Space Cowboy
    Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2022
    He seems like quite the adventurer ;)
    (this is Doctor/Red's Hawt Chibi Pelippers btw, in case someone didn't realize)

Which brings me to a topic I've been wondering about. Did you sign up on PC to RP or did you find the RPCorner later on?

Stop changing your name!

Like I always said, I came for the hacks, stayed for the RPing.

Geras

Roleplayer
    Years
    Indeed, at one point I decided to try ROM hacking and gave up quickly, but found the RPC and found it much more appealing. I get the feeling there's a reason the random greetings by the username include "You came here for the ROM hacks, didn't you?" or something like that.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    From hacker to RPer you say? Interesting. You found tellling stories more fun than mapping 8)

Back when I joined PC I thought RPing was weird and intimidating but some friends I had loved it so eventually, after coming back from a long break in 2010 or something iirc, I jumped into RPing and just never left the RPC after that.

Reactions: SV

SV

See You Space Cowboy
    Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2022
    From hacker to RPer you say? Interesting. You found tellling stories more fun than mapping 8)

Back when I joined PC I thought RPing was weird and intimidating but some friends I had loved it so eventually, after coming back from a long break in 2010 or something iirc, I jumped into RPing and just never left the RPC after that.

And then we lived happily ever after

Of course! There's nothing better than a chance to tell an interesting story. We've all got great imaginations and RPing is a great way to let them loose. There's very few better feelings I've had than taking an idea, making a story of it with a bunch of awesome writers, and seeing it through to the very end. I've been fortunate now to have done that 3 times while at PC, twice GMing. I hope it's something everyone gets a chance to experience.

Seven kyuun

Girl who wants a red scarf
    Years
    So much awesome. So little time.

I have a feeling GMing will come and bite my hand off one day .-.

Did you sign up on PC to RP or did you find the RPCorner later on?
    RP. I feel bad whenever I think about it as I don't really participate in anything Pokemon related. D:

Years
    I joined with the intention of developing a game (not a hack) but in the end the project got away from me. I'm not sure what prompted me to visit the RPC but once I did I never left.

Years
    • Age 31
    • AU
    • Seen Feb 18, 2023
    I actually came to ask a stupid question about if you could get celebi by putting a masterball under the shrine in G/S or something silly but that was waaaaaaaay back in 2006 and i am a grown up now i do bills and live out of home.

i found RPing through fan fiction in 2006. liked writing, loved writing with others more. i did a bit of sprite work in hacking (barely anything actually), joined some clubs, did trainer cards, hung out, met cool friends, made history <3

also oops my hand slipped i made a new rp

Last edited:

Greiger

A mad mind... hehe
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Oct 1, 2023
    For myself... it was all for the rping. I had tried rping at bulbapedia and other places, but they were complete [censored]. In any case, I always rped offline with my D&D groups so I figured that it might be just as cool to rp online. At first it was mainly doing rping on websites that hosted servers for groups to get together and play on a virtual tabletop and eventually it morphed to this. Probably helped that I was actually rping in the pokemon tabletop adventures and that led me here.

Lt. Col. Fantastic

The Arianator
    Years
    I joined PC for help in the Game Design corner or whatever. I had some stacking issues and whatnot with a school project where i made a pokemon learning game. But a few weeks later I'm pretty sure I accidentally clicked on the RPC and it looked pretty cool so I stayed.

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
    Years

. . . the ROM Hacking and Game Development sections interested me. I joined, tried out a few of the ROM Hacking tools, very quickly learned that I had no idea what I was doing and wasn't going to learn anytime soon, and then checked out a few other forums here. I'd already RPed before, so this was one of my first stops. It remains the only section I ever really visit enough around here anymore, lol.

Xilfer

Just won't die.
    Years

I don't even remember why I joined PC. Seriously, I was just browsing, saw it, and was like 'Oh that looks cool lez join'. But when I did, I found myself in the Pokemon Groups section, which is basically where I started out. I didn't even realize this place was known for its collection of hacks until a whole year after I joined. >_>

Turns out a few years prior to my joining PC I had accidentally joined an RP on Neoseeker and royally sucked so I found myself wondering if I could try again. And lo and behold, PC just happened to have an RP Corner. So that was convenient.

When I found the RP Corner I mainly just stayed here for the remainder of my time at PC, but since my return to PC like a month ago I've been hanging out in other areas too. But my main reason for being here (and coming back here again for like the fourth time) is definitely still the RPC, and it most likely always will be.

ROM Hacking never really interested me and I ain't afraid to admit it! The only reason I tried to do a hack once was because I wanted to see an RP idea I had turned into a game. That didn't work. But who cares about ROM hacks; writing rules.

Years

I came for the RPing aspect of PC and have been loving it so far. I've RPed quite a bit on other sites and they tend to die down rather quickly. It was quite a surprise for little old me to discover the thriving RP community here and that it was going strong for quite some time.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I wonder if it's generally many RPers who start off as hackers or if it's just reflecting PC as a whole xD

Wow, I love hearing about people who actually joined for the Roleplay Corner. It makes me proud of this place :')

I wonder what we could do to make it grow even more, or modernize it somehow, hmm...

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back