• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

God/The Lord

Zehn

[color=red][font=Foto Serif]Sacred[/font][/color][
Years
  • personally I do, but I don't read the bible or go to church

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
    Years
  • Personally, I find it hard to believe in a god. I used to, but at some point I realized that I was arbitrarily clinging to the religion my parents brought me into and that my heart simply wasn't in it anymore. I found that I had suffered far too much to accept that any divine force was watching over me. There's just too much... evil in the world for me to believe in a fluffy city in the sky.

That being said, I identify as agnostic to emphasize that I don't believe my opinion is fact.

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
    Years
  • It depends. I do believe in god, but it's not religiously like most normal people. I believe in a god who accepts people as they are. Whether they are gay, disabled, black or whatever you can think of. I highly doubt that god is very prejudice to a certain group.

However, I'm not really so sure I do. I don't want to offend anyone for this but... I don't really know. I mean, I do believe in angels. It's just something I can't really explain very well. I'm the type of person who doesn't really have or follow a certain religion. So, I always end up saying I don't have one. I'd much rather do without the stereotypes and what not.

That doesn't mean I HATE religion. I just don't feel it suits me is all. I'm pretty open to just about any religion that a person has. Just as long as they don't rub it in my face or preach to me about it. My boyfriend is actually christian, but it doesn't really bother me. He's the kind of person who doesn't get upset if you say "oh my god" or something. That's kind of what I love about him. He's one of the more mellow kind of christians. The only time he's ever really gotten after others is when they've bashed his religion.

Anyway though, I don't really want to say I don't believe in god. It's just that I don't really know. I guess maybe I'm kind of confused when it comes to the idea of him being real or not. What I want to say is that I don't hate on anyone who does believe in him I guess. O_o

I have no idea what I'm saying. It's almost bed time, my brain is pretty much dead from a long day, and I'm probably tired as fuck. :x

Candy

[img]http://i.imgur.com/snz4bEm.png[/img]
    Years
  • I do believe that God exists. After all, no matter the religion, there is one thing that's certain to us and that there's an omnipotent being that is regulating the life around us.

What I don't like about religion is that, sometimes people shove it onto our faces a tad too much. I don't want to start on Indonesia's curriculum in regards to religious education. It's mandatory, and not to mention some of the school clubs actually focuses on a single religion. And then you're forced to attend events that are clearly not part of the school plans. And when you just want to leave, it'll be really hard 'cause the teacher in charge of said clubs would love to give you a task to write 10 to 20-pages of papers and have you submit it the following day. Gah.

At this point, I want to say my current religion is really just a status slapped onto my citizenship card (since everyone is required to have a religion here), and I really don't want to get dragged around because of it, but I still believe in God. I really wish that I can just ignore other folks dragging me around during my college years, probably only do my daily prayers, but lol nope you have religion classes also attend these religious events held here like WHY DON'T DRAG ME AROUND I DO WHAT I WANT AND KNOW WHAT TO DO IN MY RELIGION.

This post is getting a tad bit too confusing but you could just say that Indonesia's too focused on religion. It's hard to find anyone who doesn't believe in God here. :T

PokemonLeagueChamp

Traveling Hoenn once more.
    Years
  • Yes, but not in the traditional sense. Even when I was more religious, I never believed in an old man sitting on a cloud somewhere. My view has generally been that, if indeed there is a god, it would likely exist in some form utterly incomprehensible to us in our current plane of existence. What is abundantly clear, however, is that while this being may care about us, it operates very hands-off and pretty much lets us do whatever we want, for better or worse. This flies in the face of traditional Christianity, as if the Bible was literally true, we probably could have expected the horsemen of the apocalypse to appear during one of the world wars.

Years
  • No I don't think there is a god. I'm me and you're you that's not gonna change. I am not being controlled by anyone. I'm my own person that isn't being affected by some outside force. There's so much proof that denies the claim that there is a god. One of them is me. If there truly was a god then he'd make everyone worship him, beg him for mercy when the time comes for him to kill us, and you know what? He'd still kill us. The merciful god. Hah! Everyday people die. Babies, elders, believers of god, innocent people that are killed from a drunk driver or serial killer are you really going say that he is causing this? No! Of course not because he's supposed to be the good guy, so who do you believers go to to put the blame on? The devil or some variation of him, but you know what that'd mean? That there's someone else in equal standing to god. Someone that can also decide the fate of people and you know what your excuse always comes down to? "He's still our great lord." That's it. Or how about the Bubonic Plague aka the Black Death? It killed 60% of the European population in the 14th century many of which were innocents, nobodies that never deserved to die and yet they did. Did this so called "god" do this as well. Was this all a test to see which one of his children, no his slaves were still devout to him? Is that why he made them cut themselves to feel the pain of god? There is no god and there never will be. It's all just stories and beliefs to keep you connected to this world otherwise this world would be a perfect place a utopia.

Years
  • I'm not the type of person who can take the leap of faith that religion usually requires you to take, so no. Don't get me wrong, I'd like to believe in a higher being like God, since the afterlife is a pretty nice concept if you think about it. However, I haven't really been shown or experienced anything that would make me believe in such a thing.

Tek

Years
  • I don't believe in the Divine any more than I believe in gravity. Belief has its place, for sure. But it's a poor substitute for direct experience.

I've noticed that a lot of people have actually had brief or even prolonged transcendent experiences. But with our limited definition of 'God' as a superhuman judge (and a reductionist matieralistic worldview to boot), we often write these experiences off as sickness or delusion.

It's really a shame in my opinion that we lack mature spiritual institutions that can help people interpret these experiences. But I'm working to correct that problem.

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    If god exists then he'd be the only thing that's capable of doing things randomly. As people, or any kind of matter/energy for that matter, are pretty much predictable, although not predictable by any human being, that would mean while we might live in a predictable world, as soon as said divine being intervenes, everything would end up in a chaos.

The last thing I need is believing in something that could make the world explode over night, because of randomness. And nobody dare tell me that this god is righteous or good, or anything, because good and evil are subjective propaganda to put people into a predictable system, which is contradictional to "gods" ability to do whatever he wants.

Years
  • I don't really know what I believe.. but yeah I suppose I don't. If I believe in anything relating to some sort of god, it's in how Shug describes it in The Color Purple in that it's found in the beauty in life. I could see there being some sort of interconnectedness between life, but again I don't know. It's not really something that's that important to me, as as long as I know what my morals are etc I'm good. If people need to or need to not believe in something to help affirm what's right and wrong, then I say go for it - so long as there's no harm done.

Reactions: Tek

Her

Years
    • Seen May 10, 2024
    I specifically don't believe in the Judeo-Christian god, but other than that, my personal beliefs are those of apathy to religion

Return

You can make to the sunrise....
    Years
  • I believe in God but not religion based.I Believe in every Religion God!I don't make difference in the Religion based God.God are Same in all over religions that What I think God Exists.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 4, 2018
    It really depends what 'God' you are speaking of. I follow a God and Goddess within and based on my religion. So yes I do, but not from any majorly known religion.

Years
  • I believe in God. I am a Christian so I believe in the Trinitarian, three in one, God the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. I've grown up in a family that loves God, even though both my parents are druggies. I believe in Jesus Christ and that he died for my sins, and all humanities sins. That is my opinion. I can give a lot of different things that prove this, but I'm not going to get into it.

ShinyUmbreon189

VLONE coming soon
    Years
  • Idk, and this is a true story by the way. January of this year I went under surgery for appendix removal, we'll actually it was ruptured for months and it finally to took a CT scan to detect the problem. It was so bad that my father demanded they take me in to get every possible test until they find the issue because it was obvious I was unhealthy, I looked like a dead man walking. I lost 50 pounds because I couldn't eat, I weighed in at 120 at the hospital. I was constantly hunched over cause of the pain in my lower back, kidneys, and where my appendix was, it literally felt like a knife was stabbing me over and over yet very deeply in my appendix area, felt like getting stabbed by hot needles in my back, and my testicles felt like they were in a clamp that wouldn't let off pressure. I had to wait 3 days in a hospital bed injecting morphine every 30 minutes and bag after bag of antibiotics before the inflammation went down enough to go under surgery. I was on liquid foods for 3 days straight after surgery just to have it thrown up 5 minutes later, and I couldn't eat whole foods until I could hold liquids down. It was definitely a scary experience through the whole 4 months it was ruptured, but to mention I was throwing boxes for a distribution 12 hours a day 3 days straight with a ruptured appendix. I'm lucky to be alive today, you usually die within a week if you don't get it removed, mine was ruptured for 4 months!

With that being said, I don't know tbh. I have evidence for myself and family and friends that supported me during those times but I don't have evidence a higher power may exist for everybody I was always agnostic but this experience definitely convinces me something is there, as I said I should be dead but I'm still here. Atheists can deny I'm telling the truth all they want, but I know what happened and the experience I felt going through it. So I could honestly care what anyone thinks.

ShinyUmbreon189

VLONE coming soon
    Years
  • Idk, and this is a true story by the way. January of this year I went under surgery for appendix removal, we'll actually it was ruptured for months and it finally to took a CT scan to detect the problem. It was so bad that my father demanded they take me in to get every possible test until they find the issue because it was obvious I was unhealthy, I looked like a dead man walking. I lost 50 pounds because I couldn't eat, I weighed in at 120 at the hospital. I was constantly hunched over cause of the pain in my lower back, kidneys, and where my appendix was, it literally felt like a knife was stabbing me over and over yet very deeply in my appendix area, felt like getting stabbed by hot needles in my back, and my testicles felt like they were in a clamp that wouldn't let off pressure. I had to wait 3 days in a hospital bed injecting morphine every 30 minutes and bag after bag of antibiotics before the inflammation went down enough to go under surgery. I was on liquid foods for 3 days straight after surgery just to have it thrown up 5 minutes later, and I couldn't eat whole foods until I could hold liquids down. It was definitely a scary experience through the whole 4 months it was ruptured, but to mention I was throwing boxes for a distribution 12 hours a day 3 days straight with a ruptured appendix. I'm lucky to be alive today, you usually die within a week if you don't get it removed, mine was ruptured for 4 months!

With that being said, I don't know tbh. I have evidence for myself and family and friends that supported me during those times but I don't have evidence a higher power may exist for everybody I was always agnostic but this experience definitely convinces me something is there, as I said I should be dead but I'm still here. Atheists can deny I'm telling the truth all they want, but I know what happened and the experience I felt going through it. So I could honestly care what anyone thinks.

Back