• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Grandmafia [IT'S OVER]

Bidoof FTW

[cd=font-family:carter one; font-size:13pt; color:
Years
  • Since Johnny is talking mad trash in Skype but won't actually bring it in the thread where it belongs I'll address his thoughts here.
    Golgari said:
    It's starting again. AND LAST TIME SHE WAS RIGHT!
    JonathanMustang said:
    And this you call logic
    Do not bandwagon her because last time she was right.

First of all, that wasn't the point at all. You're nitpicking and/or not trying to figure out what I'm saying. I'm saying that throwing around suspicion to try and get a lynch going doesn't make someone suss. We're going to have to mislynch eventually, and day one mislynching is not the end of the world. We can come back from it, and get it right.

Also, the fact that Nimsy will be brave enough to throw around suspicion even as an innocent supports the idea that if Nimsy does it again, she won't automatically be mafia. She's done it as inno, so if she does it again why would she be mafia? If anything, calling someone out for: being quick to lynch, refusing to join a bandwagon, or wanting to point suss at someone in order to get more information is even more illogical than how you made my post look by using a fallacy.

JonathanMustang said:
    I have nothing to say to that pointless posts you're doing.

So if I get this right, figuring out two of the dead people's roles before anyone else, and trying to show you why you're wrong/making a mistake is pointless posting.

Compared to someone trying to get someone else to reveal on day one because they visited a loudmouth, when the loudmouth lived.

Nimsy

Jackal The Ripper
    Years
  • Just a quick reminder, bard voted for me purely out of retaliation.

He literally said, "And because I don't like being accused of extraterrestrial origins" and then voted for me.

Bidoof FTW

Years
  • So, let me get this straight. Basically, you're bringing information from the skype chat and the behaviour of a player from another mafia game? Something doesn't add up.

I'm gonna quote myself here because the only thing you seem to do right is deffending nimsy at all costs.
    If you don't analyze how a player behaves as both inno and mafia, then how will you be able to suss them out? For example, I knew Bact was evil in Blarz 2 because he wasn't contributing much discussion for the innos, something that he does when he's inno. It was the same with Bard in tDD, I knew he was the crone because he wasn't posting much, just posting for an attack and not much else. Also, the reason I'm defending Nimsy is because if throwing out suspicions on another player will cause a bandwagon on you every single time without revealing cop or something like that then I don't want to play mafia anymore.

When i did forced him to reveal? I said he should and he made his point, a pretty good one, did i say anything after that? Is the Bardwagon starting? Is the grudge you hold on me so big that you're willing to defend blindly someone who has done nothing but point fingers everywhere when she admitted that it was a random guess and that we shouldn't lynch her for that when she's being a hypocrite and doing that exact same thing?
    I don't actually hold a grudge against you, you just seem to be able to frustrate me in most games, and I'm pretty sure that I used the words 'try to force him' not 'you forced him'. This choice of words changes the sentence greatly.

Sorry doof, you make no sense, neither does nimsy.
    I feel as though my points are quite valid, but whatever you say meng

Comments are in bold

Bidoof FTW

Years
  • So, basically nimsy's reasoning of just pointing fingers by random to back someone in a corner and force them to reveal is a better reasoning than say that "i THInK someone should reveal because i could foresee a bandwagon" ?

My point was that you shouldn't assume Nimsy is evil because she's pointing fingers, just like how I'm not lynching you for asking Bard to reveal. Do I think it was a bad play? Yes. Am I going to lynch you for it and say you're suss for it? No.

Nimsy

Jackal The Ripper
    Years
  • I never said anything about forcing someone into a corner and making them reveal.

Once again, I haven't even voted yet.
    If forcing a reveal was my intention I would have voted.

-----

You asked for a reveal before there was any votes against bard.

Asking for a reveal day 1 is in and with of itself suspicious.

I said bard might be the alien and stated it was a guess.

Bard could be a number of things, that's why I didn't vote for him.

I thought you asking for a reveal was suspicious so I said I think we should vote for johnny.

But you could just be bad at this, so I didn't vote.

-----
    The moment I vote is when I am somewhat certain that I'm right.

Last edited:

Pecilia

Best Witch
    Years
  • Klippy was the widow, not the insomniac, or the florist. The widow.
    Also Pecelia I literally made a post like 4 posts above yours saying that Klippy was the widow then you ask how Klippy and Mana were married.
    COME ON PEOPLE IT'S ONLY DAY ONE

Since Johnny seemed keen on someone role revealing day 1, which I find suss as **** considering it's a really really bad idea.
    [Execute] JonathanMustang

Bard rolls with extremely long posts. You should be glad that his posts now are half as long as back at Blarz 1.

Also, I'm seriously confused on how some of you fail to tell that Klippers is the Widow...

It's really common sense. There's only one way to become lovers in this game: by becoming the Widow and then marrying someone. Since Klippers is part of the nursing home, and Mana is a third-party role, that means the Widow must be Klippers.

My bad. I've haven't had much time to really look through all the roles yet.

Years
  • So I am extremely confused. Who is everyone pointing the blame on this time? Because one moment it's one person, and the next it's another. This is extremely hard to follow.

jdthebud

Engineering Solutions
    Years
  • Wow guys that was a real slugfest there Golgari and Johnny.

As for who to vote, I'm still waiting for those people who have yet to say anything, to do so.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    wow i come on to see you guys doing something you're not supposed to be doing i am ashamed. ):

mr. rogers might not be able to recruit those who go out and visit another person, perhaps? that's the best i can think of unless he visited klippy. those are really the only two things i can think of that doesn't end in death.

Years
  • Runaway

Has a 50% chance to run away from all actions used on them at night.

Mr. Rogers had chosen his first recruit, but they were nowhere to be seen. How discouraging.

Maybe Mr. Rogers tried to recruit the runaway? I don't think that would kill him since technically he didn't fail to make them a respectable child, he just couldn't find them.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    Ooooh didn't see that role. Yeah, that could be it, too. In that case he potentially got lucky seeing as it's 50/50 on whippersnappers

Last edited:

Melody

Banned
    Years
  • [Execute] Golgari

Sorry to say this is kind of policy vote. I don't think what someone says in PUBLIC skype is necessarily evidence. Even if it is, it's a breach of game to consider it all that much. Especially given the tenuous conclusions you do have. If he had said directly, I'd believe it. (Yes Ive been lurking in chat today so I saw a lot.

You seem fixed on nimsy. This is interesting.

But also don't take my vote too seriously. I am casting it as randomly as yours seems to be cast. I advise nobody follow my vote. I am merely pointing out something I notice at first glance. Besides, when doesn't Johnny talk trash?

Last edited:

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
    Years
  • omg guys can we please get a hold of ourselves?

ALL WE KNOW IS THAT MANA AND BARD VISITED THE INSOMNIAC
    KLIPPY IS THE WIDOWER AND MARRIED MANA

I personally don't think Bard is suss just yet, but I would like to know what third party roles that can visit? Maybe we can guess what Mana's role is. As for the Johnny x Golgari slugfest, just srsly stop... REALLY NOT HELPING. AT ALL.

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
    Years
  • omg guys can we please get a hold of ourselves?

I personally don't think Bard is suss just yet, but I would like to know what third party roles that can visit? Maybe we can guess what Mana's role is. As for the Johnny x Golgari slugfest, just srsly stop... REALLY NOT HELPING. AT ALL.

Myriad

Formerly Lawlietta.
    Years
  • Could the Moody Teenager have found/been targeted by the Computer?
    "What is this mysterious box? No one knows. If you dare try to use it, you are inflicted with a horrible confusion."
    "He had found something to brood over, and he would not budge"

As for who to vote for, sorry for pointing the finger at you earlier Bard, that was my fault for misinterpreting the post. I don't find Nimsy particularly suspicious either...

Years
  • So, can I just point out that there's probably no connection with Nimsy and Golgari, Doof2 is far too good a player to make a connection with another player so obvious on day one.

Anyway, looking at the players who died I think it is fairly likely that the Alien and Brat(?) are both some of our more "prolific" players, they're almost certainly people who are in the Skype chat. We definitely shouldn't be going crazy at this point because it's obvious that our mafia are playing smart since they're going for players who tend to be considered very good first.

Years
  • So, can I just point out that there's probably no connection with Nimsy and Golgari, Doof2 is far too good a player to make a connection with another player so obvious on day one.

Anyway, looking at the players who died I think it is fairly likely that the Alien and Brat(?) are both some of our more "prolific" players, they're almost certainly people who are in the Skype chat. We definitely shouldn't be going crazy at this point because it's obvious that our mafia are playing smart since they're going for players who tend to be considered very good first.

Years
  • Could the Moody Teenager have found/been targeted by the Computer?
    "What is this mysterious box? No one knows. If you dare try to use it, you are inflicted with a horrible confusion."
    "He had found something to brood over, and he would not budge"

That's an interesting idea. I would think, that the "try to use it" part means, if you visit the computer or use an ability on that player. Now since the Moody Teenager has no active ability, I think that's unlikely...

omg guys can we please get a hold of ourselves?
    ...since when are you so ...slow... and not reading properly? It was already suggested that Mana was probably the Goverment Agent and that seems pretty likely to me.

So, can I just point out that there's probably no connection with Nimsy and Golgari, Doof2 is far too good a player to make a connection with another player so obvious on day one.

why do you think the alien is a more active Underground member? Was it mentioned anywhere?
    I absolutly support the "Golgari is far too good a player" to make himself such an obvious target on d1 if he where mafia. So he probably isn't!

Oh, and I had fun watching this slugfest with my dictionary at hand XD Lotsa new words.

Back