• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: [Hack of the Month 2008] [BETA 2 OUT!] POKéMON MARBLE - The long life - 4/1/08

+Sneasel™

It's a meeee, itman!
Years
  • lol, the two hearts make it look cool!
    I like those two pokemon (gotta remember to catch it!)

Best of luck Teh Baro, quartz never let me down, and i doubt this one will!

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
    Years
  • Those tiles look cool as well as dromstorm and zappel. Those tiles look awesome and cant wait to play the next beta. I know it'll be awesome.

As aways, keep up the good work Baro.

Teh Baro

In my times...!
    Years
  • [Hack of the Month 2008] [BETA 2 OUT!] POKéMON MARBLE - The long life - 4/1/08

Finally decided to sprite the bombermen's overworld.

Mapped the next route and did Tuareg's and shiny zappel's overworld, Though a bit about how the event is gonna be (there will be a new characte: shirley, pokemaniac who loves rare pokemon. She's looking for the shiny zappel because of its rareness. Later on, she'll give you hints to catch other rare non-legendary pokémon, like, pokemon that you'll have to do a lot of stuff to catch it).
    I won't do the hard stuff (shiny hack) until exams are over.
    For obvious reasons.

lanroxas

Hack Rom Fanatic!!! :3
    Years
  • Good Overworlds... I'm hoping for more news on that Champion who wants to catch all the 4 legends... what was her name? I think you'll have to beat Shirley to get the Zappel am I wrong? Good Hack Baro, continue that work

Teh Baro

In my times...!
    Years
  • Good Overworlds... I'm hoping for more news on that Champion who wants to catch all the 4 legends... what was her name? I think you'll have to beat Shirley to get the Zappel am I wrong? Good Hack Baro, continue that work
    Yes, you'll have to beat her. After all, she's after the pokemon too.
    About laetitia, she won't appear until you beat the league, when you're going to catch those pokemon too.

Years
  • Yes the overworlds are very good Baro.Also this champion is Shirley isn't it.
    Baro this is the best hack I've ever played.This is the order of the top hacks I like.
    5.Pokemon Naranja by Serg!o
    4.Pokemon Ruby Destiny by destinedjagold
    3.Pokemon Shiny Gold by zel
    2.Pokemon Prism by coolboyman
    1.Pokemon Marble by you Baro.
    Train is an awesome way of transportation and is better than
    the overused boat.

Teh Baro

In my times...!
    Years
  • Yes the overworlds are very good Baro.Also this champion is Shirley isn't it.
    Baro this is the best hack I've ever played.This is the order of the top hacks I like.
    5.Pokemon Naranja by Serg!o
    4.Pokemon Ruby Destiny by destinedjagold
    3.Pokemon Shiny Gold by zel
    2.Pokemon Prism by coolboyman
    1.Pokemon Marble by you Baro.
    Train is an awesome way of transportation and is better than
    the overused boat.
    First, thanks for liking the stuff ^_^

about shirley as champion...
    Not. I've decided the champion won't be the rival, but it won't be shirley either, and haven't decided who will it be.
    Shirley is just a secondary character that appears every time a rare pokemon is near. For example, the shiny zappel. Later on, she'll tell you about a very rare pokemon, chinchin (if someone played cavestory, think about chinfish and how many there are), and in the safari, about sensten (the one from the magic gim video, this time you'll have to do a lot of stuff to even have a chance to catch it, as a sidequest), etc.

currently uploading a new video...
    hmmm it's taking time...
    Done.
    Waiting video to be processed...
    it sure it's taking time. Gonna check my pizza in the oven.
    Whoever had the idea of mixing tuna and bacon deserves a prize.
    ah, it's up already.
    Done and gone.
    It's not much, just that I've edited the bag picture, but it's better to see it in movement. Instead of bag pictures, it's the character pictures, chibi-stype. In the item pocket, you see it taking care of an ornlil. In the key items, you see it in a cool pose, and in the ball pocket, throwing a pokeball.
    Go to the video

Also, I never promised not to break my promise ;) Finally I've decided that 5th gym won't be in beta 2, because I feel like releasing it soon (I hope before easter), and rainbowpolis, as I already told you, will be ENORMOUS. It doesn't only imply a lot of houses and making a big map, but also a big big big big tileset, so... well, to put it in short:

MAPS LEFT:
    White desert [events]
    Whiteclay town
    ??? desert
    and nothing else in beta 2

Damn, I should have been studying calculus instead of doing this. I can't do differential equations yet.

Last edited:

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
    Years
  • Oh, my!
    The pictures are really wonderful! The pokéball throwing is really cool. Very good work.
    Tuna and bacon mmm

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
    Years
  • Harharharhar! >o<

That was way too funny... Making chibi-styled-heroes for the bags... Amusing!

Well, as always, I cannot imagine what you'll come up with next time. Good luck with that huge tileset, hope you can put cars and all that stuff you wanted to insert!

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Nov 9, 2021
    Harharharhar! >o<

That was way too funny... Making chibi-styled-heroes for the bags... Amusing!

Well, as always, I cannot imagine what you'll come up with next time. Good luck with that huge tileset, hope you can put cars and all that stuff you wanted to insert!

Cars?! xD
    That's going to be fun

Teh Baro

In my times...!
    Years
  • I just relised, the Glass Army reminds me of the Red Ribbon Army!
    Whatever the Red Ribbon army is, Glass army is not inspired on it.

Well, just arrived from La Coruña, exams are over (btw I'm 78% sure I failed calculus but well), and gotta get back to work, and finally going to work during the weeks while I'm out.

:D

I'll tell you more when I'm done doing more stuff, next thing may be the shiny.

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    Nice to hear from you, Teh Baro! :D

yay! there should be updates soon, and I'll be sitting here and wait! :P

Best wishes. ;)
    *And I hope you don't fail on Calculus*

Teh Baro

In my times...!
    Years
  • Good news post

Haven't you watched Dragon Ball Z?
    Was that from the first season? (when son gokuh was a kid) because I barely remember that one. I'm more of when gokuh's an adult.

Well, I have already inserted the shiny hack (and thanks to me, Mastermind X knew there was an error and fixed it :D. Not like I detected the error (i don't know assembly) but well...) and the shiny battle works fiiine.

Just to tell more about the event, when you get to the place (a bit hard to find, the desert has a lot of quicksands and one only quicksand tile leads you to the oasis where the zappel is, the others lead you to the beggining of the desert, and they're not that easy to spot), you find shirley, who just arrived, and asks you if you want to battle, the winner faces the zappel. If you say yes, you battle her and when you win you can fight the zappel. If you say no, she catches the pokemon and you won't see it again.

On other topics, I've finally implemented explosion rocks. Actually it's just rock smash's script without the wild pokemon thing and with the convenient changes. Also, while doing this I realized that I have no way of accessing the rock smash wild pokemon sets, so next time I'm in shower/bed, I've gotta think about it...

Next task is trainers in the desert, whiteclay town, the entrance to the Mirage tower (next dungeon, I used part of the animations for a mirage door, first time you get to it it's a wall, but in the town you'll get something like "eye of truth" or something along those lines, and when you have it the tile will change to a flashing door so you can enter. it'll be the equivalent to the lavender tower because it'll have all the ghost stuff and such. I don't know where to put the scope silph equivalent yet, so unless I decide to put it in whiteclay town, I'll only do the first floor of the mirage tower. But dunno yet. When that and all whiteclay town is done, only one more route and B-B-B-B-B-BETA!! (after editing a lot of stuff like the pokemon sprites left, pokemon data left, pokemon data that I want to improve, pokedex info and -maybe- pokedex data like size and stuff, depending on the mood I am on)

Looks like a good news post so I'll put it in the title and click in the smiling green face icon
    *does*

Back