• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hardest Games?

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
Years
  • This is a two-part question:

1. What is the hardest video game you played that you were able to beat?
    2. What is the hardest video game you played that you could not beat?

Alissal

Where am I?
    Years
    • Seen Nov 28, 2017
    Ninja Gaiden is probably the hardest game I've beaten, took me forever to finally get the pattern of the 2nd to last boss down.

Battletoads is probably the hardest game I haven't beaten. The third race of rat race is just way too strong of a wall.

mew_nani

Pokécommunity's Licensed Tree Exorcist
    Years
  • Touhou Kanjuden - Legacy of Lunatic Kingdom.

Hardest Games?

behold, the face of pure evil

This game is monstrous sometimes. I dunno how I beat it.

As for the hardest game I haven't beaten yet... that's easily Super Mario Bros: The Lost Levels. Even on Super Mario All-Stars where it saves you on the exact level you're on it's still stupid hard and I'm stuck in World C-4.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Hardest I beat: Pokemon *shots fired* Too many Pokemon to choose against the E4. I'll probably trigger a lot of people by saying this. *ducks for cover*

Hardest I didn't beat: Uh...uh....uh....lots. I suck at video games but hhheeeeyyyy it's all about having fun right? F-U-N GOOD OLD FASHION FUN! :D

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years
  • In recent history, i finished an entire campaign of Brutal Doom: Project Brutality on its hardest difficulty settings (last man on earth skill level + death wish monster spawns) on a map pack called Maps of Chaos. This was a very difficult and nearly suicidal task considering that the hardest skill level greatly increases the enemy's damage, reaction time, and their health while enabling death wish monster spawns meant that i had to fight the strongest enemy variants from the first map till the end since the monster spawns are fixed to only provide these enemies and nothing less. This meant having to fight against the extremely powerful monster variants such ad heavy machine gunners, belphegor barons, overlords, rocket launcher wielding infantry men, auto shotgun guys, flesh wizards, and annihilator cyber demons from level 1 to the end: all while these enemies literally come from the very depths of hell and beyond.

To put that in perspective, imagine having to play the first few maps/hours of fallout 4 but at the start of the game you have to fight the strongest monster variants such as mythic deathclaws, ancient behemoths, gunner lieutenants, enraged fog crawlers, albino rad scorptions which are mob variants that should only appear when you are at a high enough level and play time.

(But thats a mod not a commercial ga... mods are full games too! Now if someone makes a fallout 4 mod with the idea i had in mind then that would make for a very fun and nearly suicidal experience)

As for a rather difficult but surely beatable game i havent bothered finishing yet, Wolfenstein: the new order on Ubermench difficulty. .__. The game on this difficulty setting is pretty unfun when every enemy takes almost an eternity to kill off which means you gotta be really good at your headshots. The very high damage the enemies can do on uber is very manageable but the unforgivingly beefiness of every mob, especially those nazis on heavy armor makes the game a little too stressful for a casual playthrough.

Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2023
    Hardest game I beat - Fire Emblem Birthright (Fuck Chapter 10)
    Hardest game I couldn't beat - Vectorman and Streets of Rage 3

Years
  • The hardest game I finally beat... It's hard cuz I don't play video games like that, but probably, out of all the ones I've played, I'd say The Force Unleashed II. The hardest game I didn't beat...wait for it...Kingdom Hearts.

Alakazam17

[b]Long time no see![/b]
    Years
  • The hardest game that I actually beat was Star Fox Adventures. The boss battle at least stands out because I was so close to losing when I finally won.

As for one that I've yet to beat...the original Metroid Prime. *sweatdrop*

CidHazard

just a miserable pile of secrets
    Years
  • Hardest game I beat: off the top of my head... probably Ninja gaiden Black on the original xbox. Or Devil May Cry 3 Dante Must Die mode... and the OG X-com.

Years
  • For a game too hard to beat, Muramasa for Wii had me stuck at one boss when I was a kid to the point I literally couldn't progress. I haven't actually played enough of it since then to even reach that part of the game since I tend to find myself unable to play these kind of games for long periods of time and then ultimately they fall by the wayside. Either way it was difficult for child me and I imagine I'd still have some trouble with it.

I feel like I don't play truly difficult games so the hardest game I have beat would probably be Ys: Oath in Felghana. Some of the bosses in that game were no joke (final boss especially) and I only played on Normal so I don't even want to imagine them on the hardest difficulty, let alone boss rush on the hardest difficulty.

Spyro

[title=Free 6iv Dittos!][url=https://www.reddit.co
    Years
    • Seen Oct 5, 2018
    1. What is the hardest video game you played that you were able to beat? Dragon's Dogma - Dark Arisen DLC in Hard Mode
    2. What is the hardest video game you played that you could not beat? Dark Souls 3

kendypls

Currently playing: Expert Emerald (Casual)
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Feb 10, 2020
    1. What is the hardest video game you played that you were able to beat? Dark Souls
    2. What is the hardest video game you played that you could not beat? I Wanna Be The Boshy. (NEVER AGAIN!)

Keiran

[b]Rock Solid[/b]
    Years
  • 1. What is the hardest video game you played that you were able to beat?

Fire Emblem Conquest: Classic Lunatic

2. What is the hardest video game you played that you could not beat?

I'm currently struggling with Breath of the Wild on hard mode but I haven't played it much. Or, if you want to count MMORPGs, the hardest game I couldn't beat was World of Warcraft: Burning Crusade because I only went 4/6 in Sunwell Plateau because M'uru was practically impossible when it was current content.

Kikaito plush

Angeline plushxKikaito plush
    Years
  • What is the hardest video game you played that you were able to beat: Skies of arcadia legends
    What is the hardest video game you played that you could not beat? zombies ate my neighbors

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
    Years
  • What is the hardest video game you played that you were able to beat: Skies of arcadia legends
    What is the hardest video game you played that you could not beat? zombies ate my neighbors

Zombies Ate My Neighbors was fucking brutal. Amazing game nonetheless that everyone should try at least once - wouldn't mind a remastering of it with today's graphics to be honest.

CidHazard

just a miserable pile of secrets
    Years
  • Oh Ghosts and Goblins was also difficult as all hell... Holy crap I can't believe I forgot about that ****

And I wanna be the guy gaiden...

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years
  • DoDonpachi.
    - This is a really fun shmup that will give anyone an adrenaline rush especially with its boss fights. Its Japanese manic bullet hell shmups at its finest and yes it can be hard as hell.

Call of Duty Black Ops 3 in "Realistic" difficulty.
    - this game's realistic difficulty is as hyper realistic as anime tropes occuring in real life or the characters in Persona 5 actually existing as real people (and i wish it did). This one falls more in the dickish level of difficulty than being legitimately challenging mainly since 1hit deaths in a game where its usually hit scan bullets aka undodgeable projectiles isn't exactly fair. Basically abusing the entire design of the military themed shooter of hitscan bullets.

Unfortunately i havent finished any of those 2 yet. DoDonpachi is a legit challenge while BLOPS3?in the mentioned difficulty can just kiss my non existent weeb pillow

Back