• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen HeartGold/SoulSilver Speculation

Years
    • Seen Sep 24, 2010
    I think by new Pokemon, they mean new Pokemon relating to G/S, so Hoenn and Sinnoh. (hopefully, only trainer Pokemon until you get the National Dex, didn't FR/LG had Hoenn pokemon?)

reiko

Disney Rebellion Leader
    Years
  • im so glad i found this

the first thing i find out after not being on the computer for a couple of days is that the Gold & Silver remakes are real! i knew it was coming...
    anyways what ive always been wanting ever since Firered & Leafgreen is introducing the Orange Islands somehow into the game, i mean i know im not the only one who thougt the Orange Islands were badazz!
    The Dsi would be perfect for those little 'challenges' they did in the gyms, i can think of so many things they could do

dartdude6

Legend
    Years
    • Seen Mar 18, 2010
    I wonder if you can choose with pokemon follows you around from the Pokemon menu. That would be pretty cool to have a Lugia following you around. A few more things to speculate:

Will the TM/HMs be the same as GSC?
    Will there be any new areas after Kanto like the Sevii Islands in FR/LG?
    Will there be new event areas for event pokemon such as how Deoxys had Birth Island?

Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2016
    I just past that guy that tried to sell me a Slowpoke tail, but I didn't have the money. D:! I wonder what they look like? Can we make them fried? [/grossness]

Oh that well in Azaela Town I wonder how they will touch that up.

Percy Thrillington

The Mad Hatter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    The Kimono Girls, I wounder if there will be two added for Leafeon & Glaceon.

I doubt it. You probably won't unlock the Dex that includes the fourth generation Pokémon until you beat the Elite Four or see all of the Johto Dex Pokémon. Perhaps if you go back to Ecruteak once you've finished that part of the game, there'll be two new Kimono Girls, but it's probable that there won't be.

Nemaru

nah
    Years
  • I want to see them add a Post-NationalDex ship that goes to the Orange Islands (Specifically Pinkan Island; how awesome would pink Pokemon be? :D) I can almost bet my right arm that it won't happen, but eh. =/

I wish they would add a new twist to the plot of Lugia and Ho-Oh, something that deals with the war that happened when the Tin Tower was burned.

Gummy

by fire be P U R G E D
    Years
  • I honestly don't think they need to add any new areas to the game like the Sevii Islands for FRLG. They already have all of Kanto for us to explore, along with eight other badges. all they need to do is make the gym leaders and trainers of Kanto harder, and maybe an enhanced E4 like in Platinum.

BHwolfgang

kamikorosu
    Years
  • They already have all of Kanto for us to explore, along with eight other badges. all they need to do is make the gym leaders and trainers of Kanto harder, and maybe an enhanced E4 like in Platinum.
    I honestly hope that they make everything harder. That means, harder gyms, stronger trainers, beastly Red, etc..

I wish they would add a new twist to the plot of Lugia and Ho-Oh, something that deals with the war that happened when the Tin Tower was burned.
    This could happen, the change in plot, but I don't see Nintendo going into details of wars. At the entrance of the Tin Tower, there could be a stone engrave with a brief story, but that's all I could really see happening.

Guarde

Serene Experimentalist
    Years
  • The look to the game is nice and all, but to be honest the look of it gives me too much of a Diamond/Pearl feel to it. Who knows though, maybe it's just me. :/

Last edited:

BHwolfgang

kamikorosu
    Years
  • I'm sure all the HMs will be replaced with the oldtime ones.
    How are you sure?

Expect a lot of move tutors to fill in the missing moves. Don't be surprised if Whirlpool changes into a HM though, since HMs are not able to be traded. And for GameFreak, doing that might be necessary.
    I could also see Whirlpool becoming an HM because of Whirpool Island.

diando

I was hoping for this GS remake. (Even though I have never played GSC) but I think the idea from pokemon yellow to have your Pokemon Follow is genius.

Where the GTS will be?
    Can you trade freely with DP and Pt anytime? (Like you had to unlock trading with Kanto to Hoenn to almost the end of the game.)
    What time it will be released in North America?

But anyway I really have to start playing GSC before I play this game. LOL.

BHwolfgang

kamikorosu
    Years
  • Because if its a true remake, the same areas will be around, requiring the old HMs.
    Well, in your previous post, you said all HM's would replaced with the old ones. Do you really think they won't add stuff where you need to use Rock Climb or Waterfall?

Back