• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hey dude, sup?

Nathan

Blade of Justice
    Years
    How good are you in striking up convos both on the Internet and in real life? Are you the one to start them and keeping them going or do you just listen to the other person and answer when you have to?

Nolafus

Aspiring something
    Years
    I have the same tendencies online and offline. I'll mostly wait for people to come to talk to me. Once a conversation starts though, I'll try to keep it up to the best of my ability.

Flushed

never eat raspberries
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    I've never been the one to initiate (should change that though). Once the conversation gets going though I don't usually have that much trouble keeping it alive, but then again, I don't have many conversations, so I guess I wouldn't know.

Sector

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Ohio
    • Seen Oct 10, 2016
    I'm terrible at communication. I cannot hold a conversation for the life of me. I just want to go home & hide :( I mean just look at me, I can't even talk to people online without chickening out! Sadface. I'm no people person, I guess

Sniper

ふゆかい
    Years
    I read the mood first and kinda look what kind of personality the person I wanna talk to or trying to talk to. But If I don't think I should, I won't. If I think I should, I'll make a topic out of the blue and will be easy at the end.

LilyAnn

All your base are belong to us
    Years
    Well, the only way for me to talk to people online is if I start the convo. So overtime time I started to just learn how to talk to people. I don't think that I'm good at it though. Can be quite awkward at times.

Years
    Usually if I break away from being shy, I'll strike up a conversation. But most of the time, I am shy, and I usually wait for people to converse with me.

Honest

Hi!
    Years
    In person, I'm pretty good. Start with small talk if you have to and segue into something actually worth talking about. Works for me like a charm. It's different on the internet, though, because people might not respond. On screen is generally more difficult than off.

Faye Rose~

Resilient
    Years
    I'm getting better at initiating conversation. I come off as being shy/unapproachable at times but if someone starts a conversation with me I won't shut up after a while xD

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    "What are you thinking about?" is my favorite way to start a conversation.

The answers I get can range from incredibly fascinating to omg you're the least interesting person I've ever met.

Years
    Usually I just find out what I have in common with the person or how I can relate to them and use that to start a conversation. I love having long, meaningful, conversations with people.

Ultramarine

Turn the tables
    Years
    I'm so bad at conversing with strangers. I don't know what to say, how to act, anything. Once I get to know them though, I'm the most annoying thing on this planet. I'm so messed up...

Treecko

the princess without voice
    Years
    I'm not good at all with starting conversations. I'm a pretty shy and asocial (note: this is the correct term and not anti-social, that means you're against society , not shy) and just have a really hard time talking to someone and even thinking of what to say to someone. So usually I just wait untill someone starts the conversation. Then the conversation usually goes like this:

Person:Hey how are you?
    Me: Uh hi. I'm good how about you?
    Person: I'm good thanks for asking.
    Me: That's good. *can't think of what else to add to the conversation* Okay gotta go so bye.
    Person:See you later.
    Me: Yeah you too

I've been trying on improving this though and helping my talk more when not behind a keyboard. I think by taking an oral communications class this semester it might help.

Sirfetch’d

I'm ok at it I think? Well online at least and if I know you haha! I have generally been able to start up a conversation with all of my friends here pretty easily by just saying hi, and it will take off from there. As for real life, I am really shy and avoid talking to most people haha.

Avishka

Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    Well i wait for person to come and chat with me because i suck at starting conversations.

TY

It depends usually. Most of the time im a bad convo starter, but after that i pretty much can talk for years :P

Years
    I can hold a conversation online and offline the same amount of time. I usually start them online, while in real life I usually am the one doing more of the listening. Still, I can make small talk and hold a decent convo.

Back