• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that users with less than 6 posts will have their threads/posts go to the approval queue if it has links or messages. This counts edits made to threads/posts after they were already approved and is intentional anti-spam behavior that is unfortunately necessary. Once you reach 6 posts, this will no longer occur.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: [HotM Feb] POKéMON NEVER BLACK&WHITE [Beta 1 available]

Status
Not open for further replies.

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
    Years
    Bumping a bit so that people remembers to download your english Beta (at the bottom of the first post). Also, I'll take the chance to ask: Does it have any change from the spanish Beta?

I'll wait for the next updates. You have all my support! :D

ҳ̸ҲRichie

SkOria
    Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2010
    Thankyou zel, really your work is an inspiration for me... and is wonderfull that
    you suppourt my work... I hope that another users donwload the beta and that
    they recommend it...
    UPDATE:
    Anyways, do you remember this route?
    [HotM Feb] POKéMON NEVER BLACK&WHITE [Beta 1 available]...[HotM Feb] POKéMON NEVER BLACK&WHITE [Beta 1 available]
    Well for the two beta when you come back to Peace city you'll come across Zéfiro,
    the Peace city Gym leader... and with Suicune, the first legendary pokemon
    encounter... Hope you like it!
    VIDEO:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Trxj1XffZsA

EDIT:
    A new Fan bar by a great friend! Thanks to Sapo!
    [HotM Feb] POKéMON NEVER BLACK&WHITE [Beta 1 available]

HTML:
    [img]https://img505.imageshack.us/img505/5696/sinttulo1lg5.png[/img]

Last edited:

wildarms001

Random Supporter
    Years
    • Seen May 15, 2013
    dude i love the beta tnx :D i cant wait to finish this hack :D did you have plan adding d/p pokes or something new to the game? :D GL

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 19, 2021
    Nice update. :3
    I love how the rain filled up the little crater. (b'')b
    Good Luck~

+Sneasel™

It's a meeee, itman!
    Years
    I LOVED THE BETA!
    I just finished, this game was awesome!!!
    The graphics were perfect, the scripting was great, and the story is sooooo awesome!
    Best of luck!

EJames2100

Pokémon Hall Of Fame Supporter
    Years
    Nice, just checked your 1st post and liked what I saw, it did say it was in Spanish so I was a little dissapointed in that but then a few posts down I hear it's gonna be translated.

I have liked your screenshots so far(of what I've seen) I'm gonna go through the rest of your thread soon to see them all and hopefully I'll find the time to download and have a go at the Beta :)

masterofchaos

giratinaoriginform master
    Years
    ok i defeted the gym in scarlet on the pokenav it says go to peace city blah blah ps go to snake lake i go there and nothing happens help me

Last edited:

Thrace

@tion
    Years
    • Seen Oct 2, 2016
    Just played the beta and it was amazing!!

You're mapping is so good and your scripts are great too. Theres really nothing that I can complain about. It was just that good. You are an amazing hacker. I don't know what else to say. Good luck and make sure you finish this!

ҳ̸ҲRichie

SkOria
    Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2010
    ok i defeted the gym in scarlet on the pokenav it says go to peace city blah blah ps go to snake lake i go there and nothing happens help me

Spoiler:

Well, you need to go where is the lake (next to scarlet town) and here some times
    will be raining (a ramdom script) and if you have luck you'll can see Lance and
    a script will happen, for now you can't to catch the RED GYARADOS (because you
    don't have the HM Surf).
    This type of events aren't really important but if you want to catch all legendary types
    you need looking for Lance in your adventure.

Is Zefiro a male or a Female?
    Ok Prince112, Zéfiro is male... I chose that neme because in the greek mythology Céfiro (or Zephyrus in english) was the got of the west wind, one of the four directional Anemoi (Wind-Gods).
    I made some reference to this in the past...
    Spoiler:

Wooah I'm really happy because i've been seeing your comments and
    that I'm excited and encouraged me to continue with this proyect, Thank you...
    More news coming soon!!

Years
    I found a small Mapping error, to the east of Backwards town, there's a fence with brown around it, not green like all the others.

Awesome hack, really good job.

>Dante<

Call me Steven
    Years
    hey x/xRichie...
    thank you for give me the permission to post B&W in my italian site ;)
    any question..
    do you translate B&W in Italian??
    If you want, I can help you...
    otherwise no ;)

Years
    • Seen Jan 26, 2024
    I just played through the game and I have a list of ideas, I hope you don't mind.

Suggestions:
    - You should make Pokéballs available before the first trainer fight. Else you will end up with unbalanced party (like I did).
    - A good idea would be to change the truck sound to an earthquake sound.
    - Just an idea but can you add 2-on-2 battles to all trainer battles? In Colloseum and XD they did just that, and it vastly improved the enjoyment of trainer battles. The 2-on-2 battle system in Pokémon ruby was wasted on just a few one-off battles and leaves you wanting more.
    - You should give the hack a better sense of story progression. It seems to slow down to a crawl after Peace City (as far as I have seen). A few more cutscenes, NPC dialogue related to the plot, and maybe some people or events related to the protagonist's life (let the players slowly piece together pieces of the main character's past) would help.
    - The flower shop should have a change in dialogue to fit the whole study of plants and grass Pokémon theme.
    - You should add under construction barricade tiles before unfinished areas.
    - "Pokémons" should be spelt "Pokémon". This is a common mistake but I thought I should let you know.
    - I would think that the main character wouldn't bother starting a clock in a cave or even know the time in order to set it. A better solution would be to have him/her ask about the time from that woman who gives you your first pokemon and set it before she replies.
    - Is it possible to allow the blocks to be moved without a textbox confirmation? Because the textbox confirmation becomes annoying after a while.
    - New music and sound effects.

Glitches:
    - Second floor of the pokémon center teleports you back to the Pokémon center in Peace City.
    - The fishing animation sprites haven't been changed yet.
    - Talking to the Flash HM guy results in overlapping text on one of his lines.
    - I am told to visit the fishing guy when it is raining but the rain stops when I enter his house. How am I supposed to do this?

Oh and I loved how you inserted yourself into the game and the "controlling us from above the clouds" line.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back